Markey's "tough" road ahead

Full story: Fox 31 KDVR 92
Rep. Betsy Markey's second television ad of the campaign season is titled "tough" -- exactly what she's going to have to be to hold onto her seat in November. Full Story
Copiadora

Chesterfield, MO

#21 Sep 7, 2010
This Woman is a prostituta and will go with the viento.
Mike

Denver, CO

#22 Sep 7, 2010
Tony Montana wrote:
<quoted text>All he would have to Do is juse a little creativity and come up with a character or two and go with it.Be it a type of person or whatever.The one thing I did notice living in Evergreen was the lack of Etnic Diversity in Colorado.Down here in South Florida we have a whole lot of Diversity anything from Rastafarians to Hasidics to oposite ends of the spectrums.Like my Friend Hymie Goldberg the Bagel Baker from Brooklyn who moved to Miami to open a 24 hour Bagel Bakery.Many characters here to choose from.
Jou just gotta be flattered. I took it as flattery when some suck up was using my name. Just roll with it mang.
GSXR

Longmont, CO

#23 Sep 7, 2010
ColoMountMan wrote:
If I still lived in Fort Lupton, I would be voting for Betsy. I think she has done a very good job for a junior member and will continue to do a good job for Coloradans.
Then you obviously don't think. She has has got to be one for the worst people I have ever had the misfortune of meeting. It is all about here to hell with the lives of those she represents.
DL Probing

Denver, CO

#24 Sep 7, 2010
gsrx...can you tell us which of her policy decisions while in Congress makes her "one of the worst people you've ever had the misfortune of meeting"?

REmember kids...rhetoric vs. reality.

American Taliban not welcome here.
Lane

United States

#25 Sep 7, 2010
Markey, Perlmutter and Bennett all need to be shown the door. They do not listen to their constituents and they all voted for obama-care and follow his socialist policies blindly. Good riddance!
mee

Denver, CO

#26 Sep 7, 2010
You can always tell when a Democrat/Liberal starts to lose an argument. The name calling starts.
cjrian

United States

#27 Sep 7, 2010
mee wrote:
You can always tell when a Democrat/Liberal starts to lose an argument. The name calling starts.
Ain't THAT the truth!
GSXR

Longmont, CO

#28 Sep 7, 2010
DL Probing wrote:
gsrx...can you tell us which of her policy decisions while in Congress makes her "one of the worst people you've ever had the misfortune of meeting"?
REmember kids...rhetoric vs. reality.
American Taliban not welcome here.
Isn't that like you to make up stuff. I never said that the decisions she made in congress made here one of the worst people I have ever had the misfortune to meet. That I all from what kind of a person she is.
Elbert

Kiowa, CO

#29 Sep 7, 2010
Another Obama Care causality, they were warned...

Same goes for Bennet, they’re all cut from the same mold.
GSXR

Longmont, CO

#30 Sep 7, 2010
GSXR wrote:
<quoted text>
Isn't that like you to make up stuff. I never said that the decisions she made in congress made here one of the worst people I have ever had the misfortune to meet. That I all from what kind of a person she is.
That last sentence should read: That all came from what kind of person she is. Don't know what is going on with me today.
Tony Montana

Chesterfield, MO

#31 Sep 7, 2010
Mike wrote:
<quoted text>Jou just gotta be flattered. I took it as flattery when some suck up was using my name. Just roll with it mang.
Jou got it Mang!
Gay Cuban House Boy

Denver, CO

#32 Sep 7, 2010
Tony Montana wrote:
<quoted text>All he would have to Do is juse a little creativity and come up with a character or two and go with it.Be it a type of person or whatever.The one thing I did notice living in Evergreen was the lack of Etnic Diversity in Colorado.Down here in South Florida we have a whole lot of Diversity anything from Rastafarians to Hasidics to oposite ends of the spectrums.Like my Friend Hymie Goldberg the Bagel Baker from Brooklyn who moved to Miami to open a 24 hour Bagel Bakery.Many characters here to choose from.
Why don't jou two get a room and i'll bring meth and pizza over.
mad mad mad

Denver, CO

#35 Sep 7, 2010
DL Probing wrote:
Golly, gsrx, if you're not making your political decisions based on folks' policy decisions...what are you using...the word of the skydaddy and Rush Limbaugh?
Hook line and sinker.
Sorry...that was a little mean, but you walked right into it.
mokusatsu
GSXR

Longmont, CO

#37 Sep 7, 2010
DL Probing wrote:
Golly, gsrx, if you're not making your political decisions based on folks' policy decisions...what are you using...the word of the skydaddy and Rush Limbaugh?
Hook line and sinker.
Sorry...that was a little mean, but you walked right into it.
Are you for real? I never said I wasn't making my voting decisions based on peoples policy decisions.
You see someone can be a great person and make bad policy decisions, just as one can be a bad person who makes great policy decisions.
Markey just happens to be slimy and a bad person. She also makes bad policy decisions but it isn't those decisions that make her a bad person.
You really have a problem with reality, don't you? It must suck being you.
mad mad mad

Denver, CO

#39 Sep 7, 2010
DL Probing wrote:
You just said that you weren't basing your tinfoil hat conspiracy theory that Markey is "one of the worst people I have ever had the misfortune of meeting" on any of her policy decisions as a Congressperson...so what's your beef with her?
What about you not being able to post your ridiculous fundie, emotional rhetoric here without getting called out on it did you not understand?
mokusatsu
Kyle Saunders

Fort Collins, CO

#40 Sep 7, 2010
I agree Eli; stories like what we saw in the NYT are the preparations by the Democratic party and campaign committees to go into full-on emergency mode, to provide themselves cover to make the hard decisions as to which districts they actually can defend in a couple of weeks.

While the new GOP-friendly Rasmussen poll is but one piece of evidence, the latest strobe shows a now 12-point margin in the generic ballot. Alan Abramowitz, one of the strongest election predictors out there (and my mentor), reported this past week at the American Political Science Association meeting that a roughly 5-point margin in the generic ballot meant a 49-seat gain in the House for the Republicans and 8 senate seats.(more here: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/09/06/poli... )

Needless to say, if the trend we are seeing stabilizes here and the Dems gain no ground back in the polls, it could be even worse for the Dems than the numbers we are throwing around, even if Democrats claim that they are fighting this battle "race by race," this is a nationalized midterm election because of the economy: the Democrats are trying desperately to find the high ground whereever they can to fight battles and win, but they are doing it from a vast flood plain.

In making these kinds of statements like that in the NYT, the party/committees are trying not to hurt any enthusiasm or momentum the campaign has in fundraising and voter mobilization, however they do want to guide other outside and affiliated groups--without coordinating of course--as to their strategy. There will be signals to these groups as to their thinking--and chief among those will be how the party and affiliated groups spend their money over the next two or three weeks.

This is why, to have a chance at winning, the Markey campaign must respond vigorously and quickly before the mindset of the race is determined by voters here in the district as well as the decisionmakers in the party and affiliated groups if they wish to continue getting the maximum of support that they are able to receive. Markey has but a couple of weeks to demonstrate to the party and groups that this seat is winnable.

The first step in doing this is to show polling evidence to the district and potential contributors that she is still a viable candidate. There were a lot of flaws with the poll last week that showed Markey down 11, namely that it asked voters about a two-way race instead of the four-way race (though it also oversampled independents and undersampled Republicans as a kind of compensation). The campaign has to show that this race is closer than that, a margin in the mid-single digits perhaps, to demonstrate Markey's viability.

Gardner, on the other hand, is truly is a marvelous situation; he just needs to keep the ball in play right now and not make any missteps.

In contrast, Markey needs to start swinging for the fences, and the sooner she hits one out, the better.

Otherwise, this race will be defined in the minds of the voters, and more importantly the leaders of the party and affiliated groups who can spend money to help. If that happens, it will have become too late to change the momentum of the race, since resources will start to dry up.

Best,
KS

Kyle Saunders
Associate Professor of Political Science
Colorado State University
http://lamar.colostate.edu/~ksaun

“Harmony with Nature”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#41 Sep 7, 2010
Slubomar wrote:
<quoted text>
There is only one job that she is currently worthy of and I don't need to get too graphic here but it does have something to do with knees and elbows (Temple Style).
Just makes your sphincter tingle don't it.
GSXR

Longmont, CO

#43 Sep 7, 2010
DL Probing wrote:
You just said that you weren't basing your tinfoil hat conspiracy theory that Markey is "one of the worst people I have ever had the misfortune of meeting" on any of her policy decisions as a Congressperson...so what's your beef with her?
What conspiracy theory? Do you not know what make a bad person? Lies, dishonesty, lack of morals, being manipulative and controlling are some of the things, there are just to many to list. They all ad up to someone with an extreme lack of character.
DL Probing wrote:
What about you not being able to post your ridiculous fundie, emotional rhetoric here without getting called out on it did you not understand?
What in the world are you talking about? You really do need mental help from a professional.
Motomom34

Aurora, CO

#45 Sep 7, 2010
Good- I am glad she is having a tough race. I was not in her district but from CO and her workers are rude. They only want to hear from their voters, not Americans. I think her concern should be not only for her district but for all of America, which her staff has let it be know- they don't want to hear from anyone but voters.

She voted for Obummer care and she needs to be gone. She is a butt kissing dem who has bowed to the Pres. What good has she done? I know she rallied Micro brew legisation- made me think of the Pres & his beer parties.
mad mad mad

Denver, CO

#47 Sep 7, 2010
DL Probing wrote:
Golly, gsrx...at least motomommy is honest that her dislike for markey is emotionally based and stems from her partisan nature.
Can't you muster that kind of intellectual honesty?
mokusatsu

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Denver Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
COMFORT DENTAL ....How Many of you feel Ripped ... (Apr '08) 39 min Mary 79
last post wins! (Feb '11) 6 hr joanNYadoptees 24,648
Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 10 hr Wondering 3,243
Republicans the party of LIARS (Dec '11) Sat Go Blue Forever 12,515
Nude photos of 12-year-old girl circulated via ... (Feb '10) Sat seema 304
What would happen if the United States ever dec... (Oct '10) Sat boots 150
Another black kid shot by police that was unarmed Fri twalsh801 3
•••
•••
•••

Denver Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••
•••

Denver People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Denver News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Denver
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••