Year after Colo. theater attack, gun debate rages

Jul 17, 2013 Full story: Sunherald.com 29

The state's latest batch of gun control laws - coming after a gunman's deadly rampage at a suburban Denver movie theater a year ago - has sparked a struggle over guns that shows little signs of fading.

Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Knock off purse seller

Denver, CO

#21 Jul 19, 2013
Smart assing doesnt help.

“Pffffffffffft!”

Level 7

Since: Sep 11

Whatever

#22 Jul 19, 2013
Knock off purse seller wrote:
Smart assing doesnt help.
Well, what does? You can't reason with someone that angry... Might as well stay happy and be a smart butt instead.
Truth

Woodbridge, VA

#23 Jul 19, 2013
mr goodwrench wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree with keeping yourself informed but its too hard todo so.
I have a job and a family, trying to keep up with all of Washington is a full time, 24/7 job in itself.
Sorry. But it is VITAL for you and your family that you at least make an effort. It doesn't take much. My mate works full time too and still keeps up with the news. A few glances at the Drudge Report and following a few rabbit holes usually does the trick.

I know how you feel. We shouldn't HAVE to keep up with what these clowns pull on us. Unfortunately, they have discovered that ugly truth. We all work hard and they're counting on that fact that we're uninformed. They will wait till WE are enjoying our time off on weekends and holidays and in the dead of night to do their dirty work. It's pathetic that it has come to this.

We are being micromanaged.
Truth

Woodbridge, VA

#24 Jul 19, 2013
By the way, "Mr. Goodwrench", if you have any family member who is willing and has more time on their hands, that helps too. A college age child can do this if they have the ability to think on their own.

“Do unto others before”

Since: Apr 10

They do unto you

#25 Jul 19, 2013
Truth wrote:
By the way, "Mr. Goodwrench", if you have any family member who is willing and has more time on their hands, that helps too. A college age child can do this if they have the ability to think on their own.
I do want i can, when i can.
I try to at least keep up with my senators and such.
Knock off purse seller

Denver, CO

#26 Jul 19, 2013
It IS hard to have enough time. Take for example the last major election. I didnt vote for president because I didnt have the time to check out all those candidates-there were just too many! I only have a certain amount of time and I couldnt do it.

I disagree with you Truth when you said "But it is VITAL for you and your family that you at least make an effort. It doesn't take much." It DOES take much, a whole lot in fact.

Take for example what I just mentioned with the people running for president. I would've had to look them up on their own sites 1st, then read how they stand on the issues. Then I'd have to look for news about them and fact check the news I find, "Did the candidate say that or is it made up by someone with an agenda?" Then I'd have to look up unedited sources for comparison, and these unedited sources would have to be checked in case their site isn't legit. etc. etc. On and on it goes, for EACH candidate. That's just too much work when you've got a life to live. It's 24/7 like he said.

Truth

Woodbridge, VA

#27 Jul 20, 2013
Knock off purse seller wrote:
It IS hard to have enough time. Take for example the last major election. I didnt vote for president because I didnt have the time to check out all those candidates-there were just too many! I only have a certain amount of time and I couldnt do it.
I disagree with you Truth when you said "But it is VITAL for you and your family that you at least make an effort. It doesn't take much." It DOES take much, a whole lot in fact.
Take for example what I just mentioned with the people running for president. I would've had to look them up on their own sites 1st, then read how they stand on the issues. Then I'd have to look for news about them and fact check the news I find, "Did the candidate say that or is it made up by someone with an agenda?" Then I'd have to look up unedited sources for comparison, and these unedited sources would have to be checked in case their site isn't legit. etc. etc. On and on it goes, for EACH candidate. That's just too much work when you've got a life to live. It's 24/7 like he said.
Got an easier way. Listen to what they say on the news when it's time to debate or campaign; and if they've been in office before, go to the government sites and find out how they voted. Then you'll get your answer. Another way is to see who they're connected with. If they're not, it's a crap shoot. Don't bother wasting your precious time with "he said, she said."

By the way, I sympathize with your feeling like you have to babysit these folks and don't have time. We shouldn't HAVE to.
Truth

Woodbridge, VA

#28 Jul 20, 2013
and the way the OBUMBA is going, you may not HAVE a choice in the future.
Knock off purse seller

Denver, CO

#29 Jul 20, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Got an easier way. Listen to what they say on the news when it's time to debate or campaign; and if they've been in office before, go to the government sites and find out how they voted. Then you'll get your answer. Another way is to see who they're connected with. If they're not, it's a crap shoot. Don't bother wasting your precious time with "he said, she said."
By the way, I sympathize with your feeling like you have to babysit these folks and don't have time. We shouldn't HAVE to.
I'll try it. It certainly sounds like it's not so involved like I was thinking of.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Denver Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Republicans the party of LIARS (Dec '11) 15 min Dix 13,658
Local Denver Street Gang Gets Exposure! (Mar '10) 6 hr gangsterdogg 261
scum of the earth. 7 hr purbutfly 1
Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 15 hr Respect71 4,348
Apex fun run a scam? 19 hr Bewildered Accoun... 65
Morgan Ingram was not murdered nor stalked. (Nov '12) Sat Clear Eyed Cat 52
drugs and dealers Fri purbutfly 1
Denver Dating
Find my Match

Denver People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Denver News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Denver

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News