Year after Colo. theater attack, gun debate rages

Jul 17, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Sunherald.com

The state's latest batch of gun control laws - coming after a gunman's deadly rampage at a suburban Denver movie theater a year ago - has sparked a struggle over guns that shows little signs of fading.

Comments
1 - 20 of 29 Comments Last updated Jul 20, 2013
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Truth

Woodbridge, VA

#1 Jul 17, 2013
Honestly, I have never before saw something so overblown.

You have a guy who's too smart for his own good, he volunteers for a mind control program and who knows what else is really on his mind. He has no one to keep him in check an HE commits a mass murder?

He's drugged up for his trial, something cahootsa here. My guess is he stumbled where he didn't belong.

It is ONE CASE of a man and you are going to punish the entire population. That is NOT moral or logical but acting in the emotion of the moment.

Really. I don't trust the leaders of this country anymore. They've gone from silently screwing you and paying no attention to you to trying to get in your knickers for every little thing until you are their lapdog.

I don't excuse what the young man did. Even more I do NOT excuse the doctors and law enforcement that paid NO ATTENTION to his odd behavior before the event.

The ANSWER is NOT punishing innocents thinking 'well they MIGHT'.,,,(fill in the blanks)
Truth

Woodbridge, VA

#2 Jul 17, 2013
We as a people need to put the powers that be in check. Refuse to kowtow and above all remove the stranglehold politics has on education.

We need to again focus on math, science, reading, spelling, grammar, composition, critical thinking skills ( teaching kids HOW to think; not WHAT to think) encourage curiosity and questioning, geography,(not "multiculturalism)their OWN history first as a country, and along toward high school, or in RARE cases how far they've matured, about our founding documents, the rule of law and how our government is SUPPOSED to operate.( not current events kowtowing to pet political philosophies)

THEN they can think on their OWN, NOT be indoctrinated and LIET to! THAT is the way to run a country, not allow a group of elites subjugate the people.
Truth

Woodbridge, VA

#3 Jul 17, 2013
Today we run on the politics of "white guilt".

It's about time we throw it off. The REST of the country certainly doesn't operate that way!

“Do unto others before”

Since: Apr 10

They do unto you

#4 Jul 17, 2013
Truth wrote:
Today we run on the politics of "white guilt".

It's about time we throw it off. The REST of the country certainly doesn't operate that way!
Remember vote the turn coats out of office
They punish law abiding people, not the criminals
Knock off purse seller

Denver, CO

#5 Jul 17, 2013
I disagree with the "he was on mind control" part but everything else rings true with me.
Truth

Woodbridge, VA

#6 Jul 18, 2013
mr goodwrench wrote:
<quoted text>
Remember vote the turn coats out of office
They punish law abiding people, not the criminals
Much as I hate to say it, you need to inform yourself some more.
If you put the puzzle pieces of the last 10 years together, you will see that the election process, at least as it applies to Washington, D.C. is at best a sham, a circus and certainly merely a cabal.
Face it, you aren't GOING to get what you want. This is the game.
Righteous intentions or not, when a politician goes to Washington, he/she gets their eyes opened IF they are a newbie. Politics is a game and it's high time the American people learned itFOR THEIR OWN GOOD. Otherwise, these people will pass ANYTHING to subjugate you and me. They will IGNORE our founding documents and the law to do it all the while trying to convince us it's for our "health" or "security".
Here's the steps of an OLD politician: he/she goes on recognized name and they know DANG well most people won't trouble themselves to look at the person's record. They say whatever makes the people happy to get elected including voter fraud, taking advantage of the "electoral college", AND the backing of various lobbies from activist groups to business from the funding they get. I URGE people, instead of watching the local ball game or American Idol, or whatever to turn on CSpan and WATCH their elected leaders in action. Keep track of their records, what they say versus what they do. They use various TACTICS at their disposal to get what they want from monopolization of the media, to powerful support, "backroom deals", even to blackmail; YES BLACKMAIL!
Quite frankly, it's almost too late to learn the game. Once these clowns take total control, it won't matter anymore. Because they now have at their disposal the social media, increased surveillance, the ability to tax to punish those who won't kowtow, or even arrest. But I digress. PLEASE for your own and your friend's livelihood, inform yourself. Encourage THEM to do it.
The time has passed when we can just take for granted that the system will work AS IT WAS PLANNED. They are trashing the system.
If the people are not informed or want to be, they become unwilling sheep prepped for the table. And believe ME what they do in Washington D.C. DOES "affect me directly" in everything we do.
Truth

Woodbridge, VA

#7 Jul 18, 2013
(con't)

I also might add they have a BAG of tactics to ruin newbies with good intentions. First they'll twist polls and say 'you may be right but the American people don't feel that way. There are OTHERS you must think about.' That will be the excuse when your constituents ask you "why didn't you do as you promised"? There is your FIRST ruination: lack of credibility.

They will manipulate the media to CUT YOU OFF when you debate. They will ridicule you and say you are the most vile things that set your constituents off. They will cut you out of the loop so that you are always one step behind. If that all doesn't work, they will generate a SCANDAL of some kind to ruin your reputation. THAT is the game. Learn the players. Learn the positions of the people in government and what power they have to do what. For example, I've heard some say, "Impeach Obama". Well, they've already got your covered. If you do, the damned dolt Biden will take his place. If HE goes you've got the NEXT in line and on and on. Look how they pick the members of the Supreme Court if you ever marvel at their judgments.

The time for ridiculous, scatological and divisive games is over. I we are NOT aware of their games, they WILL run right over us so that literally you will not be able to take a DUMP without their permission.
Truth

Woodbridge, VA

#8 Jul 18, 2013
Here is a great example of that 'game'.

I know this may set a few fires to some, but take the Zimmerman/Martin case:(if you are not aware of it you SHOULD be because it will determine how YOUR case will be handled should you ever have one)

From the top down, there is an AGENDA. That agenda is complete control. Look at it, look at the background of our illustrious leader AND his cronies. They are radicals from the 1960's! This is NOT 1960, this is 2013! They are deliberately following their agenda of "leaving no crisis go to waste" as Emmanuel says by taking advantage of what should be at best just another murder case, to an opportunity to sow RACIAL DIVISION. Believe it or not, for the most part, Dr.Martin Luther King's dream has come true. BUT NOT ACCORDING TO THE JACKSONS, SHARPTONS AND OBAMA followers of the world.

Dr. King would roll over in his GRAVE to see the good these radicals have UNDONE. Will we LET THEM?
Knock off purse seller

Denver, CO

#9 Jul 18, 2013
The gun debate rages on because of a theater shooting and sandyhook. 2 bad incidents out of tons where guns are used a safe & responsible manner.

Funny these people dont apply that kind of thinking toward booze, "Look how many drink and drive and cause accidents! Oh the loss of sooo many! We need to outlaw or severely restrict booze!" but no they dont, do they. Way more people die from booze than from mass shootings yet no one stands there calling for prohibition.

What a joke. Where's their outrage then? They dont want prohibition but they DO want it for guns. Makes me wonder why. Why indeed.
Truth

Woodbridge, VA

#10 Jul 18, 2013
Remember the push for gun control, and any OTHER form of control 'for your own good'. ALL this is inserted into every incident of evil committed.

Notice they don't merely PUNISH direct offenders. NO. That is too hard for them. Instead they use the situation to control US.

Here is yet another tactic: "Do it for the children." THAT is a despicable tactic when one bothers to LOOK at the "unintended consequences" of the new laws and such they pass.

All I'm sayin is THINK BEFORE YOU REQUEST! It's a hard lesson I had to learn in this area.
Truth

Woodbridge, VA

#11 Jul 18, 2013
Knock off purse seller wrote:
I disagree with the "he was on mind control" part but everything else rings true with me.
I'm sorry if I gave the impression otherwise, but I was using THIS incident as an example of a broader issue. Part of your state KNOWS better, part of it is being invaded by progressives and mark my words, they WILL dominate you if you allow it.

CUT OFF THEIR MONEY SUPPLY.
Knock off purse seller

Denver, CO

#12 Jul 18, 2013
In addition to what I said above, Holmes bought his stuff legally. So how does gun restriction keep him shooting people then? It doesnt, he did it anyway.

People dont want to hear that. They want to feel better so that's what these new laws aim to provide. They're "feel good laws".
Truth

Woodbridge, VA

#13 Jul 18, 2013
Knock off purse seller wrote:
In addition to what I said above, Holmes bought his stuff legally. So how does gun restriction keep him shooting people then? It doesnt, he did it anyway.
People dont want to hear that. They want to feel better so that's what these new laws aim to provide. They're "feel good laws".
Which supports my point, they can't just GET the bad guy and get on with it. They have to punish everyone else who are innocent just to "PREVENT THIS FROM HAPPENING AGAIN".

“Pffffffffffft!”

Level 7

Since: Sep 11

Whatever

#14 Jul 18, 2013
It is all a plot by the people who want to disarm American citizens. "Look! Another mass shooting!"

I am surprised their opposition has not been rampantly car bombing places to prove the point "Look ma! No guns!."

It is a sick debate, and it needs to be dropped before many, many more innocently people get hurt over it. Leave the Constitution alone, and find something else to debate about.

I know!! Lets make people learn how to drive their cars! They are way more dangerous than any single person with a gun... Or let's make the FDA come clean and stop poisoning us with their food and drugs.

“Pffffffffffft!”

Level 7

Whatever

#15 Jul 18, 2013
I hate auto correct... innocent, not innocently. :)
Honestly

San Jose, CA

#16 Jul 18, 2013
The cave n!@@er holmes was standing his ground in the movie theater. You cave apes should support him just like you did the animal zimmerman. Send money for his defense fund. Worthless and filthy mayonnaise monkeys you should have never been let out of the caves of Europe.
Knock off purse seller

Denver, CO

#17 Jul 18, 2013
Honestly wrote:
The cave n!@@er holmes was standing his ground in the movie theater. You cave apes should support him just like you did the animal zimmerman. Send money for his defense fund. Worthless and filthy mayonnaise monkeys you should have never been let out of the caves of Europe.
Troll.

But in case I'm wrong, that's a racist thing to say about white people.

Have a nice day.

“Do unto others before”

Since: Apr 10

They do unto you

#18 Jul 19, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>Much as I hate to say it, you need to inform yourself some more.
If you put the puzzle pieces of the last 10 years together, you will see that the election process, at least as it applies to Washington, D.C. is at best a sham, a circus and certainly merely a cabal.
Face it, you aren't GOING to get what you want. This is the game.
Righteous intentions or not, when a politician goes to Washington, he/she gets their eyes opened IF they are a newbie. Politics is a game and it's high time the American people learned itFOR THEIR OWN GOOD. Otherwise, these people will pass ANYTHING to subjugate you and me. They will IGNORE our founding documents and the law to do it all the while trying to convince us it's for our "health" or "security".
Here's the steps of an OLD politician: he/she goes on recognized name and they know DANG well most people won't trouble themselves to look at the person's record. They say whatever makes the people happy to get elected including voter fraud, taking advantage of the "electoral college", AND the backing of various lobbies from activist groups to business from the funding they get. I URGE people, instead of watching the local ball game or American Idol, or whatever to turn on CSpan and WATCH their elected leaders in action. Keep track of their records, what they say versus what they do. They use various TACTICS at their disposal to get what they want from monopolization of the media, to powerful support, "backroom deals", even to blackmail; YES BLACKMAIL!
Quite frankly, it's almost too late to learn the game. Once these clowns take total control, it won't matter anymore. Because they now have at their disposal the social media, increased surveillance, the ability to tax to punish those who won't kowtow, or even arrest. But I digress. PLEASE for your own and your friend's livelihood, inform yourself. Encourage THEM to do it.
The time has passed when we can just take for granted that the system will work AS IT WAS PLANNED. They are trashing the system.
If the people are not informed or want to be, they become unwilling sheep prepped for the table. And believe ME what they do in Washington D.C. DOES "affect me directly" in everything we do.
I agree with keeping yourself informed but its too hard todo so.
I have a job and a family, trying to keep up with all of Washington is a full time, 24/7 job in itself.

“Built like a ”

Level 9

Since: Aug 08

North Korean missile!.

#19 Jul 19, 2013
Honestly wrote:
R A C I S T !

“Pffffffffffft!”

Level 7

Whatever

#20 Jul 19, 2013
Commander Bunny wrote:
<quoted text>R A C I S T !
*gasp*

There seems to be a lot of that today...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Denver Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 11 min Wondering 3,003
You rule the planet. How do you save the human... (Dec '12) 10 hr Respect71 1,301
Morgan Ingram was not murdered nor stalked. (Nov '12) 23 hr curious 37
annette marion tortures w/cpms yvette handfield... 23 hr ANNETTE MARION KI... 1
Play the "end of the word" game (Jul '11) Thu Hannah V 4,211
Ban the user above you game (Oct '11) Thu joanNYadoptees 2,787
last post wins! (Feb '11) Wed AmyFaith 24,645
•••
•••
•••

Denver Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••