Roger Hodgson Brings Hugely Successfu...

Roger Hodgson Brings Hugely Successful 2010 World Tour to Europe

There are 7 comments on the MELODIKA.net story from Jun 1, 2010, titled Roger Hodgson Brings Hugely Successful 2010 World Tour to Europe. In it, MELODIKA.net reports that:

Concluding the hugely successful South American leg of his 2010 World Tour, Roger Hodgson now heads to Europe for performances around the Continent this summer starting in Stadtallendorf, Germany June 5, and Trier, Germany June 6. Roger's tour continues in Norway, the Netherlands, Austria, Portugal, Spain, Belgium and France, as well as a jump over ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at MELODIKA.net.

Jessica

Laval, Canada

#1 Jun 3, 2010
this article sheds a lot of light on the controversy that's been surrounding the supertramp tours. unfortunately, Supertramp fans like myself will not get to see Roger at the concerts, but Roger has offered to do a few special shows and he is still extending this 'olive branch' to Rick and the band. Rick let go of old baggage or whatever and say YES! pretty please?
MEJ

Montréal, Canada

#2 Jun 3, 2010
Wow a lot of good information. There’s a great newsletter about Roger’s tour I want to share with everyone reading this article. I’m a big fan of his, I love his work and I’m really excited about his tour this year - I’m going to see him at the July 10 Ottawa Blues Festival, in Canada. Anyways, just thought I’d pass it on. Enjoy.
Roger Hodgson’s World Tour Newsletter
http://eon.businesswire.com/portal/site/eon/p...
Guitar62player

Fond Du Lac, WI

#3 Jun 4, 2010
So sadly these events have caused the Supertramp fans to feel so divided. It is difficult to imagine someone else singing Rogers songs within the performances of Supertramp, especially when both agreed to not play each other’s music.
What is most upsetting is how this tour is being promoted, using Rogers’s songs,“Logical Song, Long Way Home, Breakfast in America, Dreamer and Give A Little Bit”. The two founders have written separately since their second album, Indelibly Stamped. The majority of the biggest for Supertramp are Rogers. Several were written before he even knew Rick……
This is heartbreaking to me; for I love the music of both artists and have so wanted to see Rick, John and Bob play live…….
Nuskysa

Santander, Spain

#4 Jun 4, 2010
Attend a concert of Roger Hodgson is something nobody should miss. He loves his music and it’s showed in every performance. He’s the best voice around, and it sounds better than ever. If you want to experience Supertramp sound, undoubtedly, a concert of Roger is the best place to get it, because he has been and remains its soul, its heart and essence. And of course, I can’t forget how lovely he is with all his fans, always with a smile is his face. He is an amazing artist and a great person.
I can't wait to see him again next month!!
Dougie

Overland Park, KS

#7 Jun 11, 2010
I know there’s a lot of controversy out there with Supertramp going out without Roger Hodgson and playing Roger’s songs he wrote and composed and which act is better performing Roger’s songs.

Here is Roger performing is hit songs followed by Supertramp playing Roger’s song without him:
Breakfast in America

The Logical Song http://www.youtube.com/watch...
The Logical Song w Orchestra http://www.youtube.com/watch...

I have experienced both Supertramp’s concert (so long ago) and Roger’s concerts and I have to say hands down prefer to hear this classic sung by the signature voice of Supertramp. Do you agree? Please go to my channel and let’s discuss this.
http://www.youtube.com/user/TheDubbin
Fernanda

Brazil

#8 Jun 16, 2010
I had the honor to attend to Roger Hodgson magic concert on May 14.
That day I learned aging can be colorful!
As Roger gets older, instead of slowly losing life, he gains and improves his.
His voice is delightful, his presence on stage is way better, his posture is upright yet gentle, he has a lot of energy, he’s got a kind sense of humor and he has much more love and peace in his eyes, which he doesn’t keep to himself. In fact, he is happy to give them in his tours.

Fenanda
de winkelwagenshow

Eindhoven, Netherlands

#10 Jun 16, 2010
dear fans,
listen to roger in my radioshow, he tells everything with his own words......
http://www.vlokproducties.com/pageID_9893033....
a wonderful 22 minutes interview with the man who makes the wonderful songs like dreamer, school etc

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Trier, Germany Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News German, Austrian bishops urge their countries t... (Feb '16) Mar '16 zeke the pinhead 4
News Neo-Nazis take council seats in cities across G... (Jul '09) May '15 Teddy 17
News Pope-ularity: Odds on Canadian Cardinal (Feb '13) Feb '13 Larry 5
News Interesting Facts About Germany (Jun '08) Jun '11 VALTUI 31
News Interest in Marx on the rise (Jan '08) Mar '11 MrOwl1939 14
Green Screen Video / Photo Production (Jun '09) Jun '09 Gary D 1
Trier (May '09) May '09 Frutas 1
More from around the web