Man gives $2M to hospital

Man gives $2M to hospital

There are 13 comments on the story from Apr 2, 2008, titled Man gives $2M to hospital. In it, reports that:

Fred Bering, of Redding, donated $2 million to Danbury Hospital to establish the Fred and Irmi Bering Chair for Laparoscopic Surgery at the hospital.

Join the discussion below, or

Jim from Woodbury

United States

#1 Apr 2, 2008
What a great story! Sounds like a wonderful man with values!

Brooklyn, NY

#2 Apr 2, 2008
Mr. Bering, you are an outstanding example of what's right with the world. I'm honored to have you as a neighbor.
Ethel Omasta

#3 Apr 2, 2008
God Bless the giver and the gift!!

Danbury, CT

#4 Apr 2, 2008
A good deed. Too bad most of us cannot give 2 million (or have ever seen that much in our entire life). This is not most peoples reality. Still a good deed.

Boston, MA

#5 Apr 2, 2008
....I love stuff like this...makes me feel good all over!(boy, 2 positive news stories in one day, wow!)

Wallingford, CT

#6 Apr 2, 2008
What a feel good story this is. Thank you Newstimes for sharing this with your readers....
Peter Martin

Broad Brook, CT

#7 Apr 2, 2008
Mr Bering served with the "10th Mountain Division"
Wonderful generosity!!!

Stevenson, CT

#8 Apr 2, 2008
And he started out with all of 9 dollars....
His life can be a lesson for us all.

#9 Apr 2, 2008
What a great story. With all the constant drum beat of negative news this is indeed wonderful. It proves you can make it in America if your willing to work hard to succeed. Mr Bering is truly a noble person and America is better off with his coming here

Jericho, VT

#10 Apr 2, 2008
Another wonderful example of selfless humanity in a time where it is all too uncommon.
Mr Bering's gift to Danbury Hospital will benefit humankind.
It is the sort of thing that restores faith and the belief in the goodness in us all.
Thank you Mr. Bering, for giving me the inspiration to try to do more good in this world.
Beautiful gift by Fred

United States

#11 Apr 2, 2008
I have had the pleasure of servicing Freds Real Estate
needs in the past. He is a wounderful man with a great sence of humor. Its a pleasure to know Fred, my wife enjoyed taking care of Irmi and found them to be a very loving and caring couple. My best to you Fred, you have set a good example for the rest! Carlos DeCarvalho

#12 Apr 2, 2008
Having moved from Danbury to Fort Lauderdale a few years ago, I still keep in contact with the are via friends and the NewsTimes site. What a wonderful gift and a tribute to a wonderful human being who knows what being human and humanity is all about .G-d bless Mr.Bering, his late wife and the wonderful gift he has bestowed upon Danbury Hospital.

Lake Worth, FL

#13 Apr 2, 2008
To know him is to love him. I've known Fred and his beloved late wife for well over 30 years. My family and I are indeed blessed to know such remarkable human beings. Fred is kind and generous in every way. The most thoughtful person and very understanding. Fred always goes the distance to help others. God Bless you my friend.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Stuttgart, Germany Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Stuttgarter Hofbrau Beer Now available in the USA (Nov '08) Jul '16 John in Germany 123
News German auto-parts maker opening El Paso warehouse May '16 huey goins 2
News Right-wing German party Alternative for Germany... May '16 Go AFD 3
News 400 arrested in protests at Germany far-right c... May '16 ATHENA the MACEDO... 5
News AfD readies for congress, banks on Islamophobia Apr '16 TEXAN _ PATRIOT 4
Where Weed is Found in Stuttgart (Mar '16) Mar '16 Eyre 2
WE3D/Hash and Meds in Stuttgart (Feb '16) Feb '16 Freddy 1
More from around the web