Officials: Leon Deaths Were Murder-Su...

Officials: Leon Deaths Were Murder-Suicide

There are 11 comments on the WHOtv story from Jan 18, 2010, titled Officials: Leon Deaths Were Murder-Suicide. In it, WHOtv reports that:

Police say the deaths of two people found shot to death in a home in Leon in southern Iowa were the result of a murder-suicide. Leon Police Chief Ronald Zeiss says 20-year-old Ashley Singh and 21-year-old Brandan Broich were found dead inside their home early Saturday.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WHOtv.

James

Milton, FL

#1 Jan 18, 2010
This is really to bad, my prayers go out to the family, friends, and to the lil boy who lost his mommy and daddy. We all should say a prayer for this lil boy, there is to much wrong in the world today, and it breaks my heart.
Keith Nelson

Des Moines, IA

#2 Jan 18, 2010
To all the people that comment on horrible stories like this, you are all losers and you should find a hobby. All of you put your opinions in here like anyone cares what you think. LOSERS
CaringPerson

Highland, KS

#3 Jan 19, 2010
Well to you Keith,
I think that People that have a NEGATIVE reaction to ones that are asking for prayers for the families of their loved ones that needed help, and the family that survives these horrible deaths, are the losers!!! I have many hobbies, and I care about my old home towns news!!! its HORRIBLE that you would say such a thing about people caring... how would you feel if someone would of murder you and no one would have the courage to ask for the lords help in the grieving process??? You should be ashamed of yourself for saying anything like what you did...:( Im saying a prayer tonight that the Lord will lay a hand on you and help you with whatever troubles you are having along with the family surviving this death...
May God Bless you all
Moses

Newton, IA

#4 Jan 19, 2010
What a selfish person to kill this woman and himself and leave that child without a parent. Suicide is cowardly but murder-suicide is pathetic. This is yet another example of the results of children having children. Why can't guys like this man up and be a father? Any idiot can make a baby but it takes a real man to be a father and obviously this fool didn't have what it took. Now two people are dead and the life he helped create is alone. No sympathy for the parents, much for the child.
jana

Ankeny, IA

#5 Jan 19, 2010
wish he would have thought about their son b4 he did this to his mother and self
tabby

United States

#6 Jan 19, 2010
They were a young couple. Do none of you remember what it was like when you were 20? It is a sad situation for all involved. Sad that he felt that there was no where else to turn and acted. Everyone loses in this situation. Pray for the families but mostly the little boy.
ACM

Osceola, IA

#7 Jan 19, 2010
I wouldn't be so quick to judge, Moses. I happen to know this couple very well. They both may have been young and maybe they did have a child too early but they BOTH LOVED their Child and he was the center of their world. He was a real man and I would say a bigger man than you will ever be. No one knows what went on that night and all the family can do now is focus on their child and make sure that he knows how much he is loved. You know it don't even really matter what anyone thinks and why I let it get to me I don't know. But all that matters is the people who know and loved this couple know the true wonderful parents, friends, brother, sister, son, daughter, they were. They will always be loved and dearly missed.
Help us all

Des Moines, IA

#8 Jan 19, 2010
Let talk about the 3-4 year old, and the family left behind. They need our prayers.
Iowa City Res

Carterville, IL

#9 Jan 19, 2010
ACM, Thank you for clarifying the insensitivies of those who quickly judge.

I pray for the families of both parties and for the little boy that they so adored. Brandan and Ashley were both great people and their memory will remain true despite the shocking nature of the tragedy. For those of you who do not know the couple, please keep your negative, idiotic comments to yourself; as you clearly do not know who or what you are spouting about. Such verbal garbage adds to the stress of the grieving families and shows nothing more than the upmost disrespect for thier feelings. Pompousness and self-righteousness have no place interfering with the personal trauma of others. You should be ashamed of yourself.
CaringPerson

Highland, KS

#10 Jan 19, 2010
I personally didn't know Ashley, however, i knew Brandon, Brandon and I were classmates, from 2nd grade to 7th grade. Just hearing of what had happened i got flashbacks from way back when.... Im sure they were both great people... Im just asking people to please pray for the family's, and the son.... Its devastating what happened, and if a family member reads this, im sorry for your loss... if you need anything, please just post it here and i am always here to listen and talk to...
Lindsey Cook

Allerton, IA

#11 Feb 12, 2010
this was sad the day i heard this happened. In my little town eveyone loved Ashley. You didn't have to personaly no her. She was so so wonderful. Brandon i really didn't no him but im dating his cousin its sad that this happened cause poor lil jayden doesnt no wat even happen. The family is in my prayers forever!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rheinland-Pfalz, Germany Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News German, Austrian bishops urge their countries t... Mar '16 zeke the pinhead 4
News Merkel's party suffers drubbing in German state... Mar '16 Ron 1
News Obama Says U.S. Could Be Seen as a Muslim Count... (Jun '09) Jan '16 PATRIOT_TEXAN 3
News The Latest: Germany plans tents for up to 5,000... (Sep '15) Sep '15 greg 3
News Satellite data reveal silver lining of Middle E... (Aug '15) Aug '15 SpaceBlues 1
News In Europe, skylines reflect the rise of Islam (Jul '07) May '15 house mover 4,293
News Apparent 'suicide' of Golders Green student Jer... (May '15) May '15 haretz 1
More from around the web