Marin retirement community revs up reveille for Veterans Day

Just a few weeks after he landed in France following the D-Day invasion, Geoffrey "Dick" Jones rode into Paris on the day the City of Light was liberated from the Nazis. Full Story
Dirt

Vacaville, CA

#1 Nov 10, 2009
Shocked! A nice article about some great Americans, and not 1 comment of support from you Liberal, Pinko Marinites. Shame on you!
Recruiter

Novato, CA

#2 Nov 10, 2009
Dirt wrote:
Shocked! A nice article about some great Americans, and not 1 comment of support from you Liberal, Pinko Marinites. Shame on you!
Now you have soiled this nice article about some great Americans.
Dirt

Vacaville, CA

#3 Nov 10, 2009
Recruiter wrote:
<quoted text>
So where is your kind words for your neighbors? I would hate to think you just proved my point. Come on Marinite say something nice to your own Marin County Military Vet's!
GI VICTIMS

Danville, CA

#4 Nov 11, 2009
Recruiter wrote:
<quoted text>
1. Many young vets are criminals
2. The army has enabled them with skills
3. They are filling up our disabled housing quickly
4. They bring with them a "lawlessness"
5. They bring with them a "tribalism"
6. They are very dangerous and volatile
7. It is not fair to disabled and elderly to allow these younsters to dominate public housing. These vets. are terrorizing other tenants while the state turns it's head
Elder Advocate

Danville, CA

#5 Nov 11, 2009
Recruiter wrote:
<quoted text>
1. Our economy relies on war arms sales
2. we must continually fabricate new excuses to go to war in lieu of a dead economy
3. YOUNG poor people must be used as cannon fodder/ guinea pigs
4. Army Psychiatrists ( like DR." I"m not going" drug these youths to achieve subservience
5. The army "dumps" these kids into Sec. 8 housing. with little or no treatment.
6. These housing complexes soon become intolerable "war zones" while the landlord/county continue to "collect and cover"
7. Your frail grandmother gets 1. poisoned with BBQ smoke 2. her car vandalized 3. her heart broken at the "new America"...a state run slum.
After all she did to "make America"....this is how we treat her. Surrounding her with "veterans" that she sees as thugs. They act like thugs...I have seen it. They have NO respect for age or class....none.
ANTI UNION

Danville, CA

#6 Nov 11, 2009
My girlfriend's neighbor is a 26 year old veteran. Because of him, the parking lot is unavailable. Out of 5 spaces, he is currently using 4...reducing my parking opportunities by 80%.
To attempt to commmunicate with him in any way is to experience a level of BS and disrespect that one can ONLY learn in the army.
Last summer we were repeatedly poisoned by this veterans BBQ fumes. There was no reasoning with him. Since we know he is a vet. headcase...we tolerate his constant bullyism. We would rather he was gone. Maybe repoen the state institutions that Reagan closed.
As an American...I am appalled at how the county workers and the landlord give this person such favoritism over others.
Frankly, I have come to expect nothing good from this person. He seems to have an inclination to
1. follow NO rules at all
2. bully others who are weaker than him
3. make "deals" with other tenants to avoid following house rules
4. become violent in a measured way
5. provide a flop house for other malcontent thugs like him...creating a total ghetto....a prison.
So, all in all, I an here to recommend that if you are a landlord....be careful of renting to YOUNG VETS.
Remember, many young "vets" were thug, punk, petty crininals BEFORE they donned the flag.
Really, do you actually believe that, given a choice of jail or the army...that these thugs SUDDENLY became "nice people'????
You must be kidding!!!!
They are the same punks we should have locked up , but instead we gave them a position of authority...as a soldier. Now, they think they command respect.
I will never respect punk, thug, bullies...no matter who gives them a medal...no matter which made up phony war they say they " fought in".
As a result of my experience with this young Vet., I choose to avoid vets generally...I just cannot see taking the risk of being violated again. I would feel safer talking to a known gangster than ANY vet under 50.
. Why? Because to a person....male or female...they all seem to have the seem mental "angle" as my girl's neighbor.
That is, they are criminally minded...like thugs.. They have no reason to be nice. Why should they?
1. The thugs should see prison...not a uniform
2. All decent youngster would NEVER consider enlisting given that this "new way" exists in the army. Enabling punks...that is.
The state has created these low IQ unemployables via a corrupt unionized school system in order to "use" them as convicts or soldiers. So yes, I admit, they ARE VICTIMS...it is true.
But that doesn't mean they won't break your windows and otherwise terrorize you.
Vote republican...kick the bums out!
Radar

Novato, CA

#7 Nov 11, 2009
I just want to say THANKS to our Veterans !!!!!!
Recruiter

Novato, CA

#8 Nov 11, 2009
Dirt wrote:
<quoted text>
So where is your kind words for your neighbors? I would hate to think you just proved my point. Come on Marinite say something nice to your own Marin County Military Vet's!
I will say thank you to their face when one sits across from me at my desk today.
Recruiter

Novato, CA

#9 Nov 11, 2009
GI VICTIMS wrote:
<quoted text>
1. Many young vets are criminals
2. The army has enabled them with skills
3. They are filling up our disabled housing quickly
4. They bring with them a "lawlessness"
5. They bring with them a "tribalism"
6. They are very dangerous and volatile
7. It is not fair to disabled and elderly to allow these younsters to dominate public housing. These vets. are terrorizing other tenants while the state turns it's head
I am so glad to hear this young Vet has a home. Thank you.
American Taxpayer

Danville, CA

#10 Nov 11, 2009
Recruiter wrote:
<quoted text>
I am so glad to hear this young Vet has a home. Thank you.
Well, don't you have an intelligent response to the thoughtful posts challenging your position as a "RECRUITER"? Or are you really as these posts suggest....slow witted. So far, compared to posts from the other side of this topic...you sound sophomoric...if not disinterested. I want my money back!
Will - Sausalito actually

Belvedere Tiburon, CA

#11 Nov 11, 2009
Get out of here and take a Vet to lunch right now...
Jane

Mill Valley, CA

#12 Nov 11, 2009
God bless you all, thank you so very much for all you've done for your country and the world.
Your's is truly the "Greatest Generation"!
bfd

Santa Rosa, CA

#13 Nov 11, 2009
ANTI_UNION! Why don't you go take a hike! You liberal Commie!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rheinland-Pfalz, Germany Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Neo-Nazis take council seats in cities across G... (Jul '09) 3 hr Uwe 13
'Hot Dogs and Beer' in tow, former airman bring... Nov 20 TheAfroHedgehog 2
Germany-based Army officer convicted of raping ... Nov 11 alex 2
German government shocked by refugee abuse claims Sep '14 Tim 1
electroCore to Present at Major European Headac... Sep '14 noku 1
In Europe, skylines reflect the rise of Islam (Jul '07) Sep '14 Paul 4,287
Suspect in Nazi trial proud of his SS service (Nov '09) Feb '14 jeffry helms 7

Rheinland-Pfalz, Germany People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

NFL Latest News