Racism fears dog World Cup build-up

Racism fears dog World Cup build-up

There are 9 comments on the BBC story from May 26, 2006, titled Racism fears dog World Cup build-up. In it, BBC reports that:

German security forces say they will clamp down on extremism Only a fortnight before the World Cup starts, racism has shot to the centre of public debate in Germany.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at BBC.

Mark Netherlands

Amsterdam, Netherlands

#1 May 26, 2006
Hitler's Children strike again????

Reichschancellor Schroeder for the last 10 years was extremely lax with trying to stop the Neo Nazis.

He actually supported them by refusing to abolish the death penalty for German WW2 deserters. Refusing to criticize Saddam for paying $25000 for each suicide bomber in Israel.

This clear rise in jew haters and the simple fact that Germans tend to learn in school that they were victims in WW2 and that basically the holocaust was necessary after versailles is showing it's price.

My grandfather used to tell he saw German schoolclasses yelling and screaming at starving Jews in Wagons on their way to Auschwitz. You will die stinking jews, you will die stinking jews.

I thought this will never repeat itself until, Rostock Poor vietnamese emigrants being firebombed with Germans in the background and their families laughing and celebrating. The laughing and celebratring went on in Germany for days. Only severe pressure from the EU /US and Russia forced Germany to act.

When you are black, especially watch out, most Germans seem friendly on the outside but Germans have NEVER fought for there own freedom. The culture is one of schadenfreude don't help victims but just keep laughing laughing and laughing. The Ethopian Engineer is just the latest victim of the new open neo nazi attitude.

Deutschland uber alles ??????
Rammstein

Glastonbury, CT

#2 Jun 23, 2007
I was born in Germany.
william

Hemel Hempstead, UK

#3 Jun 23, 2007
Mark Netherlands wrote:
Deutschland uber alles ??????
Racism is present in EVERY country, but you want to single out Germany for your outburst.

I haven't found Germany to be worse than France, or Britain or Russia or the States.
It only depend what incident you want to outline to make your case.
Tournefort

AOL

#4 Jun 28, 2007
william wrote:
<quoted text>
Racism is present in EVERY country, but you want to single out Germany for your outburst.
I haven't found Germany to be worse than France, or Britain or Russia or the States.
It only depend what incident you want to outline to make your case.
It's similar to your singling out the US for your outbursts, isn't it, William? Oh, except for the fact that your continual anti-US tirades occur on the FRENCH forum.
william

Edgware, UK

#5 Jun 28, 2007
Tournefort wrote:
<quoted text>
It's similar to your singling out the US for your outbursts, isn't it, William? Oh, except for the fact that your continual anti-US tirades occur on the FRENCH forum.
My anti-US tirades on the French forum is in reply to the numerous US posters who only come to criticise, put down, denigrate, rubbish, ridicule, blame, accuse, insult, calumny, despise and mis-represent France and the French in all impunity.

These narrow minded, ill-informed and uneducated individuals often don't post on the US forum, but take a delight to be verbally aggressive and plainly derogatory towards anything France (or other countries), expecting no resistance. You will notice on the topix US forum hardly ever a French person posting.
Rebecca

Emden, Germany

#6 Jun 29, 2007
"Hitler's Children strike again????"
I love this sarcasm.

"Reichschancellor Schroeder for the last 10 years was extremely lax with trying to stop the Neo Nazis."
And that says that whole Germany is bad and Nazi?

"This clear rise in jew haters and the simple fact that Germans tend to learn in school that they were victims in WW2 and that basically the holocaust was necessary after versailles is showing it's price."
Oh, you was in a german school, right? You sit in my classroom, right. You know what my history teacher told us, and what we knew long before she told us, right. And you know how many Neo Nazis are in Germany, right?

"My grandfather used to tell he saw German schoolclasses yelling and screaming at starving Jews in Wagons on their way to Auschwitz. You will die stinking jews, you will die stinking jews.

I thought this will never repeat itself until, Rostock Poor vietnamese emigrants being firebombed with Germans in the background and their families laughing and celebrating. The laughing and celebratring went on in Germany for days. Only severe pressure from the EU /US and Russia forced Germany to act.

When you are black, especially watch out, most Germans seem friendly on the outside but Germans have NEVER fought for there own freedom. The culture is one of schadenfreude don't help victims but just keep laughing laughing and laughing. The Ethopian Engineer is just the latest victim of the new open neo nazi attitude.

Deutschland uber alles ??????"

Oh, you are very influenced by your grandpa, am I right? I can understand how he reacted, and why he tells this, but I wont tolerate to be named as a Nazi, just for my ancestry. You judge about a whole country.
Oh, I now you mean this engineer. To your information, there was a bic discussion about racism after that and what we can do against it. And believe me, he isnt the only one foreigner in this country, And not all of them got victims of racism.
william

Littlehampton, UK

#7 Jun 29, 2007
Rebecca from Senden, Germany, you are absolutely right.
Sammy

Johannesburg, South Africa

#8 May 7, 2010
Be careful. Only 8 Percent of the world is white. We are almost extint because we are forced to feel guilty of our skin. We are being slaughtered under the excuse of crime.
MARY

Wuhan, China

#9 May 18, 2010
When you ar black, especi watch out, most German seem friendli on the outsid but German have NEVER fought for there own freedom. The cultur is on of schadenfreud don't help victim but just keep laugh laugh and laughing. The Ethopian Engineer is just the latest victim of the new open neo nazi attitude.
I thought thi will never repeat itself until, Rostock Poor vietnames emigr be firebomb with German in the background and their famili laugh and celebrating. The laugh and celebratr went on in Germani for days. Only sever pressur from the EU /US and Russia forc Germani to act.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Potsdam, Germany Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News EU foreign ministers seek unity on relations wi... Sep '16 Chuck 19
News Merkel says German multiculturalism has failed (Oct '10) Jul '16 VeganTiger 24
News Historians rethink key Soviet role in Japan defeat (Aug '10) Mar '16 James 10
News Germany Moves To Deport Refugees, Drain Other E... (Nov '15) Nov '15 Jane Said 1
Get to know about forthcoming Forums for 2015 (Dec '14) Dec '14 ICD 1
News Germany marks fall of Berlin Wall (Nov '14) Nov '14 Herrm 1
News Rabbis ordained in Poland in Jewish life growth (Sep '14) Sep '14 Balsa Jovovic 28
More from around the web