Germany: Danish Muhammad cartoonist receives prize in ceremony attended by Chancellor Merkel

Sep 8, 2010 Full story: The Winnipeg Free Press 55

A Danish cartoonist who caricatured the Prophet Muhammad and caused outrage in the Muslim world has received a German prize honouring his achievements for freedom of speech.

Full Story
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Tom

Seelze, Germany

#45 Sep 14, 2010
I think that people should show respect for another cultures and religions.
Tom

Seelze, Germany

#46 Sep 14, 2010
Joe wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe Christians should start flying planes into buildings, blowing up cafe's, public buses, trains etc. and it will be considered provocative to burn a Bible or make fun of Christianity.
,,christians,, from usa makes even worse things. Invaded and ruined countries and murdered groundlessly and brutally millions of INNOCENT people, not mention ruined lives of another millions: victims of tortures, orphaned children, widows, parents who lost their children and murderers from usa are responsible for this crime against humanity and genocide. you, ussmen must stop to spread false accusations and look at your own crimes.
Left is Right

Columbus, OH

#47 Sep 14, 2010
Chillaxin infidel wrote:
<quoted text>
like I give a sh!t what happend in the 30's, dumbsavagefcuk . I live in the 21st century.
i can tell you, this weekend turned out great...do you see how many americans woke up to your savagery... A LOT....
How did your ramadamn work out for you, were you humble to the infidel, you know for being part of killing our innocents on 9-11
no victoryy mosque.....
you know what else we learned, you dont actually have to burn the KKKoran, to stir the violence in you savages from the religion of savages....Just say you will and the DEATH THREATS of the innocent freedom of speechers, come in the THOUSANDS you know from tyhe uncontrollable religion of peace.......... Oh we learned a lot alright.
Wow, good job of answering him. You're completely nuts, huh? Whoa...
Joe

Montgomery, AL

#48 Sep 14, 2010
Tom wrote:
<quoted text>
,,christians,, from usa makes even worse things. Invaded and ruined countries and murdered groundlessly and brutally millions of INNOCENT people, not mention ruined lives of another millions: victims of tortures, orphaned children, widows, parents who lost their children and murderers from usa are responsible for this crime against humanity and genocide. you, ussmen must stop to spread false accusations and look at your own crimes.
When has a Christian church from the USA killed millions and all the other non-sense you have stated?

Since: Aug 09

Location hidden

#49 Sep 14, 2010
Tom wrote:
<quoted text>
,,christians,, from usa makes even worse things. Invaded and ruined countries and murdered groundlessly and brutally millions of INNOCENT people, not mention ruined lives of another millions: victims of tortures, orphaned children, widows, parents who lost their children and murderers from usa are responsible for this crime against humanity and genocide. you, ussmen must stop to spread false accusations and look at your own crimes.
What do you think war is about? Fighting with paint balls? War is destruction toward anything in its path. Obviously you must be one of those who have never had the idea of military enlistment for their country. There is no war guidelines where you talk your enemies to death.
Chillaxin infidel

Santa Monica, CA

#50 Sep 14, 2010
Left is Right wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow, good job of answering him. You're completely nuts, huh? Whoa...
Yeah "leftty..(as in hand wiper).... cause you say so, in bumb fcuk.
Left is Right

Columbus, OH

#51 Sep 15, 2010
Chillaxin infidel wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah "leftty..(as in hand wiper).... cause you say so, in bumb fcuk.
I think you've had enough to drink, frankly...
Chillaxin infidel

Santa Monica, CA

#52 Sep 15, 2010
Left is Right wrote:
<quoted text>
I think you've had enough to drink, frankly...
funny .... wrong is always wrong..... I dont drink, never really have...almost like trump.. so i dont support you quickie stops......love how the savages attribute civilized posts to liquor, just because they sell the stuff in mass quantity.

try again never right .

Since: Aug 08

Chitown

#53 Sep 15, 2010
lilya wrote:
About frigging time! If muslims can't take the heat, like all the rest of us, then they need to get out of the business of conquering the world for Islam.
Hope the cartoonist enjoys his days of capturing all those quaint beliefs they hold dear to their hearts. The pedophile pleasures from allah. Rubbing salt into 99 stripes to the tune of '99 beers'. Roller-ball on camel at human heads above ground.
America could use some humor. I know Miss Piggy is dressing for the occasion and she is bring a legion of friends.
I agree with, you, except with the pedophile thing.. You should really not use it. Virtually everyone in 600ad was a pedophile. Prearranged marriages etc were very common. Moses was a pedophile too, and so were hundreds of well known ancients.

Using that as a tactic to discredit islam is not a good way to go, this completely destroys any argument you might have.

As an example: someone retorting to Muhhamad being a pedophile, can say that George Washington had and was pro slavery, hence American democracy is not valid.

Since: Aug 09

Location hidden

#54 Sep 15, 2010
Anikitos wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree with, you, except with the pedophile thing.. You should really not use it. Virtually everyone in 600ad was a pedophile. Prearranged marriages etc were very common. Moses was a pedophile too, and so were hundreds of well known ancients.
Using that as a tactic to discredit islam is not a good way to go, this completely destroys any argument you might have.
As an example: someone retorting to Muhhamad being a pedophile, can say that George Washington had and was pro slavery, hence American democracy is not valid.
History shows that George Washington did own slaves in a time when slavery was accepted. He seems to have been a nice person to them and had them in his will, to be set free when Martha died. http://www.mountvernon.org/learn/meet_george/...
It didn't destroy American democracy. It has survived everything thrown at it.

You are correct about the ancients being pedophiles and I add homosexuals and incestuous. There is not anything done in those days that hasn't been done all thru history, including now. We merely look at them differently today. I can understand why people frown on pedophiles. Personally I find sex with children sick. I don't care if they are an alleged God or dirty old man.
I realize that Jews and Christians all have experienced the same things in the past. Has it destroyed them? Why should Islam be any different? The truth is the truth. Acceptable things don't make them right.

I don't live in the past. It is history and can't be altered. We have marched forward to long to return to the Dark Ages. I don't desire any religion calling the shots.
Joe

Montgomery, AL

#55 Sep 16, 2010
Anikitos wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree with, you, except with the pedophile thing.. You should really not use it. Virtually everyone in 600ad was a pedophile. Prearranged marriages etc were very common. Moses was a pedophile too, and so were hundreds of well known ancients.
Using that as a tactic to discredit islam is not a good way to go, this completely destroys any argument you might have.
As an example: someone retorting to Muhhamad being a pedophile, can say that George Washington had and was pro slavery, hence American democracy is not valid.
Provide some information/documentation that shows Moses was a pedophile. You are just making stuff up.

Since: Aug 08

Chitown

#57 Sep 16, 2010
lilya wrote:
<quoted text>
History shows that George Washington did own slaves in a time when slavery was accepted. He seems to have been a nice person to them and had them in his will, to be set free when Martha died. http://www.mountvernon.org/learn/meet_george/...
It didn't destroy American democracy. It has survived everything thrown at it.
You are correct about the ancients being pedophiles and I add homosexuals and incestuous. There is not anything done in those days that hasn't been done all thru history, including now. We merely look at them differently today. I can understand why people frown on pedophiles. Personally I find sex with children sick. I don't care if they are an alleged God or dirty old man.
I realize that Jews and Christians all have experienced the same things in the past. Has it destroyed them? Why should Islam be any different? The truth is the truth. Acceptable things don't make them right.
I don't live in the past. It is history and can't be altered. We have marched forward to long to return to the Dark Ages. I don't desire any religion calling the shots.
No matter, point is NOT whether bible specifically says that Moses slept with 10 year old, but that the command from a bible allowed such act. Such act was not viewed as wrong, neither was mass murder of children, murder of pregnant women, and the rest of civilians in a time of conquest in a name of god.
That is nothing but full out genocide in a name of imaginary all powerful friend. Granted ancient lived in fear and ignorance, yet we find excuses for them. By current standards, Moses would be worse than a Hitler.


To debate that Muhhamad was a pedophile,(bacon be upon him.), is not a serious debate and takes away from a legitimate debate why fundamental islam is dangerous.

Instead of saying that being a mix of religion and political structure as Catholicism was in the dark ages of Europe, it is not compatible with present values and structure of modern societies world wide, you resort to calling Muhammad a pedophile,(bacon be upon him) It might feel good, but it does not solve anything and just discredits an argument.

Just think about this.

Since: Aug 09

Location hidden

#58 Sep 17, 2010
Anikitos wrote:
<quoted text>
No matter, point is NOT whether bible specifically says that Moses slept with 10 year old, but that the command from a bible allowed such act. Such act was not viewed as wrong, neither was mass murder of children, murder of pregnant women, and the rest of civilians in a time of conquest in a name of god.
That is nothing but full out genocide in a name of imaginary all powerful friend. Granted ancient lived in fear and ignorance, yet we find excuses for them. By current standards, Moses would be worse than a Hitler.
To debate that Muhhamad was a pedophile,(bacon be upon him.), is not a serious debate and takes away from a legitimate debate why fundamental islam is dangerous.
Instead of saying that being a mix of religion and political structure as Catholicism was in the dark ages of Europe, it is not compatible with present values and structure of modern societies world wide, you resort to calling Muhammad a pedophile,(bacon be upon him) It might feel good, but it does not solve anything and just discredits an argument.
Just think about this.
They did it in the Bible and it was not considered bad. They did it in the Koran and it was not considered bad. I don't care if they all humped camels, their morals sucked and it doesn't give God/Allah a good image at all. I don't put stock in any deity who can't rise above those animistic traits. Their brains lay in their gonads.

Since: Aug 08

Chitown

#59 Sep 17, 2010
lilya wrote:
<quoted text>
They did it in the Bible and it was not considered bad. They did it in the Koran and it was not considered bad. I don't care if they all humped camels, their morals sucked and it doesn't give God/Allah a good image at all. I don't put stock in any deity who can't rise above those animistic traits. Their brains lay in their gonads.
That was not my point. Pedophilia, homophobia, mass murder, genocide, etc in holly books has little to do with religion, but with the times. Most christians realize that bible is outdated by at least 1000 years, trouble is that majority of muslims do not realize that.

Since: Aug 09

Location hidden

#60 Sep 17, 2010
Anikitos wrote:
<quoted text>
That was not my point. Pedophilia, homophobia, mass murder, genocide, etc in holly books has little to do with religion, but with the times. Most christians realize that bible is outdated by at least 1000 years, trouble is that majority of muslims do not realize that.
Beg to differ with you. If those doing it are God's/Allah's chosen ones and those crimes of the times were endorsed by Him, then it is part of their religion. The Jews, Christians, Muslims all were instructed by their God on how to kill, steal and abuse other people. Most people with sense realize it is not 2012 and muslims just can't get out of the past either.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Potsdam, Germany Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Rabbis ordained in Poland in Jewish life growth Sep '14 Balsa Jovovic 28
Rabbis ordained in Poland in Jewish life growth Sep '14 HalKW 2
Chile is facing yet another massive earthquake Aug '14 Anonymous 8
1914-2014: 100 Years Of The German-Armenian Soc... Jul '14 Mary Joe 4
Germany expects to attract 8-10 percent more In... (Apr '14) Apr '14 post 1
Germany, Poland in tussle over treasures (Oct '07) Dec '13 The Iron Dicktaror 1,273
Turkey's 'Standing Man' wins German rights award (Aug '13) Aug '13 frigginmad 1

Potsdam, Germany People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE