Accused Nazi Criminal Arrives in Munich

Accused Nazi Criminal Arrives in Munich

There are 17 comments on the www.nytimes.com story from May 12, 2009, titled Accused Nazi Criminal Arrives in Munich. In it, www.nytimes.com reports that:

John Demjanjuk of Seven Hills, Ohio, born Ivan Demjanjuk in Ukraine in 1920, arrived in Munich Tuesday morning to face accusations of crimes committed as a Nazi death-camp guard.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.nytimes.com.

Dave

Miami, FL

#1 May 12, 2009
Do you know what this guy did in that camp?...
HE FED THE DOGS!
There are Jewish/Russian camp guards(and administrators) who are still living in Israel who were involved in the much higher death toll from the communists(another Jewish invention)during the reign of Stalin,but for some unknown reason we never seem to hear about these creeps.
Dr Lecter

Ottawa, Canada

#3 May 12, 2009
It is astonishing that WWII Stalinist genociders and Bolshevik Russia's war criminals got away with their genocides, but provided evidence against their former partners, the German Nazis.

Also, one rarely hears about the extremely vicious psychopaths, even among the Jewish prisoners, such as the "kapos" who cooperated with the Nazi Germans, and sold out and created hell for their misfortunate fellow men.

There were war criminals, not only among the Nazi camp administrators and guards, but even among the prisoners.

Nevertheless, John Demjanjuk of Cleveland has always denied, without exception, that he was ever a Nazi camp guard.

Demjanjuk could have put down Sobibor as the place where he worked from 1937 to 1943 as a farmhand in the application he made in March 1948.

Over one million Ukrainian youth were forcibly pressed as slave laborers to Germany to work in factories and farms to replace German manpower shortages.

Many worked in the area of Sobibor, the town after which the nearby death camp was named.

Being at "Sobibor" did not necessarily mean being at the death camp as some suppose, but being in the town and district of Sobibor.

Applicants for displaced person status had to fill in a form that required them to say where they had been for the previous twelve years.

Unless they could show that they had been living outside the USSR on September 1, 1939, they could not, under the terms of the Yalta agreement (negotiated by Roosevelt and Stalin), be accepted as displaced persons and would be forcibly returned to Stalinist Russia --and often to colonize Siberia or worse.

Officials of the International Refugee Organisation, aware that repatriation to Stalinist Russia would be tragic, to say the least, encouraged applicants to select places, such as Sobibor, which was a town in Poland and outside the USSR.

One of the reasons there was so little left of Sobibor death camp after the war, is that many of the unfortunate Ukrainian slave laborers, about to be deported to Stalinist Russia, used the wood from the Sobibor camp barracks for heat while they were detained in holding pens waiting for the trains.

The German show trial will not be concerned with the facts so much as to create the illusion that Germany has been serious about punishing war criminals.

Meanwhile many real genuine German war criminals in Germany have been coddled, protected from extradition, and subjected to the most trifling punishments, if at all.

Germany has been the safest place on earth for German Nazi war criminals.

In the upcoming show trial, John Demjanjuk will be a convenient scape goat for Nazi German war guilt.

One can expect the usual show trial hysteria and spin.

Besides Demjanjuk and his family, the real victims will be objectivity, truth and justice.

H
HumanSpirit

Lake Butler, FL

#4 May 12, 2009
Why all that USA expense. They could have placed him at the Bush ranch in Crawford TX.
Lukashenko is Dr Phil

Tampere, Finland

#5 May 12, 2009
Dave wrote:
Do you know what this guy did in that camp?...
HE FED THE DOGS!
There are Jewish/Russian camp guards(and administrators) who are still living in Israel who were involved in the much higher death toll from the communists(another Jewish invention)during the reign of Stalin,but for some unknown reason we never seem to hear about these creeps.
Well at least you american jew rat admit. By the way when will they start charching american officers for Operation Keelhaul?

Oh yeah right you american jews were the good guys hehehehehhehe

=)
Lukashenko is Dr Phil

Tampere, Finland

#6 May 12, 2009
HumanSpirit wrote:
Why all that USA expense. They could have placed him at the Bush ranch in Crawford TX.
Bush and you jews are not even worth to tie his shows. A true hero Mr.Demjanjuk is. Unlike fat rat Salomon Morel was.
Honestly

San Ramon, CA

#8 May 13, 2009
How many years ago? How many dollars paid to rebuild Germany and help Israel to the tune of billions? Let it go!
Lukashenko is Dr Phil

Tampere, Finland

#10 May 13, 2009
Honestly wrote:
How many years ago? How many dollars paid to rebuild Germany and help Israel to the tune of billions? Let it go!
Bankers do not help the bad guys aka Axis LOL

Look at Japan. America and China plus Russia have always worked together against Japan.
Amazingman

Beloeil, Canada

#11 May 14, 2009
After more 60 years, why all this story ? What's the target ? kill another guy of 89 y.o.?

During these years, we heard the same story... why never not have heard story about communist criminals who killed so much people in the camps in Russia?

Communists killed more people and nothing about these criminals, never!!
Dr Lecter

Ottawa, Canada

#12 May 25, 2009
Hello Eurofriends,

Here is a very informative article on the legal issues of the Jonn Demjanjuk case....

Miscarriage of justice: John Demjanjuk case troubles conscience
21 May, 19:44 | Andriy J. Semotiuk, Special to Kyiv Post

Andriy Semotiuk says the case against Ukrainian native Demjanjuk, accused of being an accessory in killing 29,000 people during World War II, is shaky at best.

Any American accused of being an accessory to murder, that is to say accused of being an accessory to one of the most heinous crimes known to mankind, should be tried in U.S. courts under U.S. criminal law. The alternative – if the crime occurred in another jurisdiction – is to be extradited, according to international criminal procedure, to that nation to be tried there.

Until tried and convicted, according to our precepts of law, such a person must be presumed innocent. From the very outset of the case against John Demjanjuk, however, these fundamental precepts have not been followed.

In fact, the Demjanjuk case has involved criminal allegations advanced against him through civil law procedures – a criminal case prosecuted as an immigration matter. There was a reason for this....

SEE:
http://www.kyivpost.com/opinion/op_ed/41895
kozak

Uniontown, PA

#14 Jun 1, 2009
Down with the Germans!
Lukashenko is Dr Phil

Tampere, Finland

#15 Jun 1, 2009
kozak wrote:
Down with the Germans!
Hitler war ein Österreicher. Hassen Sie Österreicher und Russen aber nicht die Deutschen.
kozak

Uniontown, PA

#16 Jun 1, 2009
Germans! What can you say for a people who bark like dogs, consider the annoying practice of yodelling a fine art, and whose contributions to classical music sound like the moanings of a dying moose?
HaHaHa

Winchester, KY

#18 Mar 10, 2011
kozak wrote:
Germans! What can you say for a people who bark like dogs, consider the annoying practice of yodelling a fine art, and whose contributions to classical music sound like the moanings of a dying moose?
The Germans ARE classical music you dumbass.It must really disturb people like you to know that despite all the humiliation it has suffered over the last sixty plus years the great nation of Germany is once again dominating Europe.HaHaHa Germans Rule!!!
Faith

New Baltimore, MI

#19 Mar 10, 2011
He was a Nazi guard? So, the guy is like 140 years old and he's being held accountable for something his superiors did when he was in the army for a couple of years 70 years ago? He probably doesn't even remember that he was in the war.
donald and sue hanmer

Bellevue, WA

#21 Jul 15, 2012
Dr Lecter wrote:
It is astonishing that WWII Stalinist genociders and Bolshevik Russia's war criminals got away with their genocides, but provided evidence against their former partners, the German Nazis.
Also, one rarely hears about the extremely vicious psychopaths, even among the Jewish prisoners, such as the "kapos" who cooperated with the Nazi Germans, and sold out and created hell for their misfortunate fellow men.
There were war criminals, not only among the Nazi camp administrators and guards, but even among the prisoners.
Nevertheless, John Demjanjuk of Cleveland has always denied, without exception, that he was ever a Nazi camp guard.
Demjanjuk could have put down Sobibor as the place where he worked from 1937 to 1943 as a farmhand in the application he made in March 1948.
Over one million Ukrainian youth were forcibly pressed as slave laborers to Germany to work in factories and farms to replace German manpower shortages.
Many worked in the area of Sobibor, the town after which the nearby death camp was named.
Being at "Sobibor" did not necessarily mean being at the death camp as some suppose, but being in the town and district of Sobibor.
Applicants for displaced person status had to fill in a form that required them to say where they had been for the previous twelve years.
Unless they could show that they had been living outside the USSR on September 1, 1939, they could not, under the terms of the Yalta agreement (negotiated by Roosevelt and Stalin), be accepted as displaced persons and would be forcibly returned to Stalinist Russia --and often to colonize Siberia or worse.
Officials of the International Refugee Organisation, aware that repatriation to Stalinist Russia would be tragic, to say the least, encouraged applicants to select places, such as Sobibor, which was a town in Poland and outside the USSR.
One of the reasons there was so little left of Sobibor death camp after the war, is that many of the unfortunate Ukrainian slave laborers, about to be deported to Stalinist Russia, used the wood from the Sobibor camp barracks for heat while they were detained in holding pens waiting for the trains.
The German show trial will not be concerned with the facts so much as to create the illusion that Germany has been serious about punishing war criminals.
Meanwhile many real genuine German war criminals in Germany have been coddled, protected from extradition, and subjected to the most trifling punishments, if at all.
Germany has been the safest place on earth for German Nazi war criminals.
In the upcoming show trial, John Demjanjuk will be a convenient scape goat for Nazi German war guilt.
One can expect the usual show trial hysteria and spin.
Besides Demjanjuk and his family, the real victims will be objectivity, truth and justice.
H
so im to understand that this man went on his own? i know for a fact that many people escaped hitler by going to different countries. however that was to escape the brutal ways of adolph hitler. it is and always will be survivol.
Dr Lecter

Toronto, Canada

#23 Jul 26, 2012
donald and sue hanmer wrote:
<quoted text> so im to understand that this man went on his own? i know for a fact that many people escaped hitler by going to different countries. however that was to escape the brutal ways of adolph hitler. it is and always will be survivol.
In March 2012, the German conviction of John Demjanjuk was overturned because Demjanjuk died before his appeal could be heard by the Appelate Court. Demjanjuk was declared legally innocent, and without a criminal record.

See:
Convicted Nazi criminal Demjanjuk deemed innocent in Germany over technicality
By Ofer Aderet
Published March 23, 2012
Haaterz&#65279; Israeli News
www.haaretz.com/misc/iphone-articl e/convicted-nazi-criminal-demj anjuk-deemed-innocent-in-germa ny-over-technicality-1.420280
Dr Lecter

Toronto, Canada

#24 Jul 26, 2012
donald and sue hanmer wrote:
<quoted text> so im to understand that this man went on his own? i know for a fact that many people escaped hitler by going to different countries. however that was to escape the brutal ways of adolph hitler. it is and always will be survivol.
In March 2012, the German conviction of John Demjanjuk was overturned because Demjanjuk died before his appeal could be heard by the Appelate Court. Demjanjuk was declared legally innocent, and without a criminal record.

See:
Convicted Nazi criminal Demjanjuk deemed innocent in Germany over technicality
By Ofer Aderet
Published March 23, 2012
Haaterz&#65279; Israeli News
http://www.haaretz.com/print-edition/news/con...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Nuremberg, Germany Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News German Research Foundation funds global Open Re... May '15 Rudi 1
God Damned Holy Spirit!!!. May '15 God worships Israel 1
News Balkan musicians promote interethnic co-operation (Dec '13) Apr '15 KarpatskiVlaj 117
News Safety concerns not blown out of proportion as ... (Oct '14) Oct '14 ronc2v 1
News German company to open warehouse here (Jul '14) Jul '14 Craig 1
News 'A Small World Circle' gets encore showing in S... (Feb '14) Feb '14 PHILIP THE MACEDO... 1
News 1941 Nazi-era postcard stirs Holocaust memories... (Aug '13) Feb '14 taylor smith 55
More from around the web