Police Investigate Shooting Death Of Vandy Professor

Full story: NewsChannel5.com Nashville

A Vanderbilt University anthropologist was fatally shot and his sister injured in his East Nashville.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 13 of13
Misty

Jackson, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 27, 2008

This is really sad! No signs of a break in do you think that it could be the man that lived upstairs?
Ronald

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 29, 2008

Judged:

News sources stated that three black males were arrested today.

Pierre Colas didn't know that guns don't kill people, Blacks do.
justwonderingout loud

Poplar Bluff, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 29, 2008

Ronald wrote:
70% of males between 18-34 in prison or on parole/probation....screams at you doesn't it?
officeralex

Nashville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 30, 2008

Judged:

The comment by Ronald from NY was very inappropriate...as someone who will be working very close to this case it is wrong to state that 3 blacks were arrested when indeed that is the wrong information...maybe you should check more statistics.....and guns DONT kill people, PEOPLE kill people...not just blacks.
officeralex

Nashville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 30, 2008

Ronald wrote:
The comment by Ronald from NY was very inappropriate...as someone who will be working very close to this case it is wrong to state that 3 blacks were arrested when indeed that is the wrong information...maybe you should check more statistics.....and guns DONT kill people, PEOPLE kill people...not just blacks.
justwonderingout loud

Poplar Bluff, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 30, 2008

Judged:

officeralex wrote:
But black PEOPLE use GUNS to KILL more than any other race in America...and that isn't just a fact, it's a verified statistic.

I don't know what color they arrestee's are, and I don't care. Channel 5 is so afraid to mention any skin color characteristics of any minority, they could be Kurdish for all I know.

And sure...I fully believe that you're on the case,(Wink)!

And additionally, I don't care if you think my response is innaporperiate. I'm happy with it, and thats all that matters too me.
Misty

Jackson, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 31, 2008

Judged:

I am just wonder y it is that everytime you read these comments, it always leads to a race issue? There is more talking about race than the actual facts at hand. Also, the facts and the topics at hand is what should be discussed not color, gender or the age!
jmf

Gallatin, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 1, 2008

the sad thing is more times over it is the blacks that are involed in the violents, and anyone who thinks this is not well, what world do you live in? young black men are so many more times killed and we hear all these people write and say well they are a good kid,never been in trouble, was good in school, but they are still dead. When they rob or doing any crime and are killed, well somewhere the bad started. sad to say it is almost always young (AGE), and almost always what colored (BLACK),.it scares me for how most of these young people are being raised now adays.
nrf

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 1, 2008

horatio hornblower,sugar ray, volnation,jiml, you should be hoping and wishing that you they don't know where you live cause i'm sure half the shit your talking you wouldn't have a chance to do if this was your ass killed.
nrf

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 1, 2008

and i see that you racist don't read the news to well even though i doesn't having anything to do with this case but did you see the 79 yr old WHITE man that shot at his daughter SEE not only black people do stupid shit but dumb ass white people do to so what does your racist ass have to say now.
justwonderingout loud

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 1, 2008

Judged:

nrf wrote:
and i see that you racist don't read the news to well even though i doesn't having anything to do with this case but did you see the 79 yr old WHITE man that shot at his daughter SEE not only black people do stupid **** but dumb **** white people do to so what does your racist **** have to say now.
Yes, white people do stupid stuff too, and when they we critize them as well. We call them white trash, inbreds, morons, ect... just look around at some of my posts...I'm an equal opprotunity hater.

The thing about message boards. It takes the need to be ploitically correct out of the equation. Here you can speak your mind. So when you see us saying this stuff, THIS IS HOW WE REALLY FEEL!

I'm not saying this is how AMERICA feels, or even most white people, just the ones who use this board.

Feel free to become as racist and biggoted as the rest of us. Feel free to speak your mind.

If you think we all need to be on welfare, live in subsidized housing, all need to wear saggys and bling, carry guns, make our children fatherless, have criminal records, and STD's...Feel free to post it! We don't mind!

But please, PLEASE, use periods to seperate your sentances in your posts. They are so hard to read with one big sentance!
White Woman

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2009

Are we still so stupid that we have to play the white black card? It doesn't matter what color someone is when they are dead. All races are out there killing one another. Comments like these are what keeps violence going. This man died for no reason and we are trying to pin point the color of the killers to prove black people kill more than white ones. Very Sad. Try and do something to change things no fall in with every one else.

Since: Aug 08

Mt. Juliet, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2009

Judged:

White Woman wrote:
Are we still so stupid that we have to play the white black card? It doesn't matter what color someone is when they are dead. All races are out there killing one another. Comments like these are what keeps violence going. This man died for no reason and we are trying to pin point the color of the killers to prove black people kill more than white ones. Very Sad. Try and do something to change things no fall in with every one else.
Are we still so stupid that we have to put our heads in the sand and ignore the facts and statistics? Yes, all races are killing, but tell me where you feel safer, walking down Belle Meade Blvd. at night? or walking down Lafayette St. at night, or even in the daytime? I think it's a safe bet that your butt would be puckered so tight after walking down by the projects that you wouldn't crap for a week. That is our point right there. That violence is everywhere but mainly around the failed liberal experiment called "projects". The majority of the perps that are out there either come from there, hang out there, or try to live the gangster lifestyle so prevailiant there. Leave your candy azz liberal whining in the past and see things for what/how they really are. We see the problem and are way past tired of it. That is how you fix something by confronting it and not closing your eyes and pointing the finger elsewhere. Also, you said "Comments like these are what keeps violence going." Sorry lady, it's more like "Endless, mindless, violence like that is what keeps the comments going"

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 13 of13
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Nordrhein-Westfalen, Germany Discussions

Search the Nordrhein-Westfalen, Germany Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
'Hot Dogs and Beer' in tow, former airman bring... Jul 5 RZG 1
In Europe, skylines reflect the rise of Islam (Jul '07) Apr '14 Truth 4,275
Von Trapp family disappointed in Carrie Underwo... (Dec '13) Feb '14 dmw 3
Hair-loss drug no longer banned (Nov '08) Jan '14 Rodolfo 10
Durango, Colo., voters repeal grocery bag fee (Nov '13) Nov '13 EX-durangoite 1
'The Fifth Estate' Star Daniel Bruhl, German VI... (Nov '13) Nov '13 Isaac Affreh 1
Forget valium, a little jasmine is just as effe... (Aug '10) Oct '13 Sandy 3
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••