Merkel takes tough line on racial integration

Sep 26, 2010 Full story: Gulf Times 10

Chancellor Angela Merkel told conservative party members yesterday that immigrants needed to do more to integrate into German society, including learning the language and obeying "every single" law.

Full Story
Nita

Chicago, IL

#1 Sep 26, 2010
I wonder what native Germans feel about Merkel. This sounds good but I think she is a puppet like most politicians. People should learn the language and intermingle more within the communities, BUT if they are not made to feel welcome they are not likely to do so. Both sides need to make the effort.

America would benefit with the President telling immigrants to learn the language and intergrate. But I kind of like the idea of being able to make a choice of who I want to converse with and when.
Theo

Germany

#2 Sep 27, 2010
Naturally if somebody works and lives in a country must speak native language of this country, but religion, cultivation of culture of own nation should be not banned.
Theo

Germany

#3 Sep 27, 2010
Nita wrote:
I wonder what native Germans feel about Merkel. This sounds good but I think she is a puppet like most politicians. People should learn the language and intermingle more within the communities, BUT if they are not made to feel welcome they are not likely to do so. Both sides need to make the effort.
America would benefit with the President telling immigrants to learn the language and intergrate. But I kind of like the idea of being able to make a choice of who I want to converse with and when.
just like majority of rulling European politicians- puppets of uss regime-it is very sad.
But she and her party are better than these terrible guys from SPD. She is relativ good for own nation and for another nations too. It must be said honestly. She and her government did some good things, not only bad things.

Since: Nov 08

Cologne- Germany

#4 Sep 27, 2010
People in Germany had other problems to face than the emotional integration.
Forget about foreign populace in Germany and think of those Germans who get least attention.
I men those jobless and homeless and hapless UNITED GERMANY:

Are there some east Germans on line to repudiate my candid,crisp, sharp views?
Danke

Cologne- Germany

#5 Sep 27, 2010
Integration is a tough subject.
I speak German but I am not a born German.
In Turkey I met so many Germans who does not speak the local Language( even after 25 or 30 years of good life)
In Pondicherry every European old people speak English and French but none of the 28 odd languages.
My German is puny if I go to Munich to have a beer.
Language need not be the tool of Integration nor the mode of dess need be a conflict.
My street dress is as congenial as the native Europeans
I am a human who will die in Köln but I haveno conflicts with any people
scout

San Francisco, CA

#6 Sep 27, 2010
lol, merkel is just an old lady, and everyone knows it.
scout

San Francisco, CA

#7 Sep 27, 2010
Well, a MARXIST old lady, and just a little political to pull this immigrant policy card.

Cologne- Germany

#8 Sep 27, 2010
Merkel was not born in Trior where a jews( COMMUNIT) Karl Marx was born.
No one member of her cabinet need that much attention to fool all the citizens of Europe in general and Germany in particular.
Tom

Peine, Germany

#9 Sep 28, 2010
All these people who work in Germany just like children of them ( naturally not children of workers who work for short term here because it has no sense )should learn German. But if it gets about elder people ( for instance immigrants from another countries affected by wars or poverty or parents of young workers ) who do not work and they live by families there-it has no sense to learn this people German, it will fail- elder people have no ability to learning languages and speak properly. And children of immigrants should attend to normal, public schools together with German children. And naturally if it gets about German lessons for children- it should learnt at schools - if somebody would have problems - then it should be additional lessons financed by country at least for the poorest children.
Naturally they must have possibility to cultivate their religion,their culture-it is clear. But they should be no isolated in some kind of intregration-centers just like for instance SPD - members propose- it would be sensenless just isolation some kind of ghetto.

Cologne- Germany

#11 Sep 29, 2010
Racial integretion?

Rauchen kann tödlich sein.
No more intellectual English.
I am human and I uphold decency
Ramafuchs

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mainz, Germany Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Legendary Nibelung Treasure May Have Been Found... (Feb '14) Feb '14 Seggie Slave 1
Mainz University Housing Area (Apr '08) Jan '14 Clifton and Victo... 6
Mount A physicist part of $50M investment by th... (Jun '13) Jun '13 dasd 1
German Catholics call for reform, many leaving (May '11) Aug '11 DNF 75
Many of Germany's Catholic church members, dism... (May '11) Jun '11 Conservative Realist 8
German Catholics call for reform, many leaving (May '11) May '11 Tom 1
Scentsy expanding to include Germany! (Mar '11) Mar '11 Misti 1

Mainz, Germany People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE