Carrie

Kaiserslautern, Germany

#1 Feb 28, 2007
I am new to the area and looking desperately for an art supply store. Any suggestions??
nancy

Apo, AE

#2 Nov 9, 2007
I have heard there is a small supply store for art and crafts on the pedestrian street in Kasierslautern. It is in the basement of the shop (nr the big church...on the right ) with kitchen supplies! You'll never see a sign!

Also in Landstuhl (this Ive seen) there is a small shop...it's on the main street again. Beneath the very nice gift shop ... I will try to get you the name of it! Again, no sign for the craft/art store. This one is small...lots of paper, some paint, some jewelry (gottmeinwasist@yahoo.com)
Kevin

Stuttgart, Germany

#3 Jan 5, 2008
There is the Art $ Frame shop in Einsiedlerhof near the BMW dealer.

There is also Kirch on Eisenbahnstrasse downtwon Kaiserslautern.

I have lived here for 18 years and my wife is an Artist - I have never seen a shop in the basement of a shop near a church unless Nancy is referring to the shop next to Wochenblöatt restaraunt.

kak12b@aol.com
cathy

Tewksbury, MA

#4 Apr 28, 2008
the pedestrian way has many stores, also check out many of the smaller surrounding towns.
Melanie

Germany

#5 Jan 17, 2009
Does anyone know where I can get yarn around Kaiserslautern? I would greatly appreciate if someone could share your knowledge.
rae

San Francisco, CA

#6 Mar 14, 2009
Carrie wrote:
I am new to the area and looking desperately for an art supply store. Any suggestions??
Carrie, I'm moving to Ramstein (Obermohr, Germany in April. My big concern was a lack of art stores also. Would like to correspond with another artist.
Are you up for a few quick emails regarding art? I am a former illustrator and would like to do some plein air painting. I paint mostly in watercolor but wanted to bring oils but they are heavy and not bringing household goods to start with. My website is: raeecklund.com and my email is: raeecklund@aol.com

Many thanks,

Rae
Samuel

Medard, Germany

#7 Dec 3, 2011
Looks like I'm in the same boat, I'm a soldier stationed out near Miesau and cant seem to find anything. Mainly looking for sculpting material.... Balsa Foam II or the standard Balsa Foam. And a large quantity of wax

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Kaiserslautern, Germany Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
American woman moving to Kaiserslautern in Apri... Jan '15 Shelbehave 1
Kaiserslautern Music Thread (Oct '12) Jan '15 Musikologist 9
NFL Playoff Games Jan '15 Bob Black 2
News 'Hot Dogs and Beer' in tow, former airman bring... (Jul '14) Nov '14 TheAfroHedgehog 2
News Germany-based Army officer convicted of raping ... (Jun '14) Nov '14 alex 2
hospital stabing of two women yesterday Nov '14 alex 1
News Mandatory transition program for outgoing troop... (Oct '12) Oct '12 fukuda 1
More from around the web