Greene County Airman Killed in Germany

An airman from Greene County was one of the two U.S. military men who were killed Wednesday at an airport in Germany. Full Story
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Grateful Veteran

Fort Huachuca, AZ

#1 Mar 3, 2011
God bless your son for joining a military at war. His courage will not be forgotten. Know that this Airman has been issued a new set of wings and will be watching over your family.
Mom of AB

Charlottesville, VA

#2 Mar 3, 2011
Overwhelmed with tears, such a tragedy. God bless this family. Sleep well with the angels precious Airman♥
Rachel

Apo, AE

#3 Mar 3, 2011
To all of the friends & family of A1C Zachary Cuddeback...as a co-worker of his at Ramstein AB, Germany, I can tell you that we are keeping you in our thoughts and prayers. We lost a brother and friend and his loss is so deeply felt. Our hearts hurt for what happened to such a fine young man. RIP, Cudde.
Just Sayin

Pocomoke City, MD

#4 Mar 3, 2011
I am so sorry to hear of these young lives that have been lost. May God bless the family and friends.
Deputy J M Tooley GCSO

Barboursville, VA

#5 Mar 3, 2011
I was contacted this morning with this sad news. Another fine young miltary man. I remember Zac when I was the Resource Officer at Wm Monroe High School. He was also apart of my club Y.O.V.A.S.O which stands for Youth of Virginia Speak Out. Zac, thank you for your service to the US Military. You will be greatly missed. God rest your soul and God Bless your Family.
"Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends
Stephen

Norfolk, VA

#6 Mar 3, 2011
As a friend of Zach's at Old Dominion University, it is unfortunate that this happened to such a great man. He was always cheerful no matter what. All of us at ODU will miss him greatly and hope only the best for his family.
Amber Shifflett

Washington, DC

#8 Mar 3, 2011
This is a sure tragedy. I went to school with Zac adn rode the bus with him during high school. He was one of the sweetest and most caring people I have ever met, and he would have done anything for anyone. Although it is sad that he is gone it is nice to know that there is another wonderful angel watching over us. God bless your heart and soul, you will be missed greatly.
ActionJackson

Bassett, VA

#9 Mar 3, 2011
As a veteran, American Legion member & the father of a soldier who is overseas at this time, my thoughts & prayers are with the family. I know that the young man as serving our country proudly. And to the censors who deleted my previous comment..."you can't handle the truth". My reference as to who was behind this killing is not a minor detail....look into it folks.
Debbie

United States

#10 Mar 3, 2011
My thoughts and prayers are with the family.

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#12 Mar 3, 2011
This is such a tragedy when an act of "suspected" terroism hits this close to home.
My heartfelt condolences go out to the Cuddeback family for the loss of their son Zachery.
My condolences to the family of the other young man who was killed. I am hoping for the best for the two who were wounded, one who is in critical condition.
Words cannot express my empathy for the Cuddeback family and friends and Zachery's best friend, his brother.
Andrea

Holzgerlingen, Germany

#13 Mar 3, 2011
I am so saddened by this news, I simply have no words. May God bless the Cuddeback family, my condolences to you.
Just the facts please

United States

#14 Mar 3, 2011
It was a Muslim that did this. Shame on NBC29 for not letting the truth be known. Its time to stop this stuff. I'm sorry if your offended but this is America get over it. I'm sorry for the loss, I knew this young man and I hope the terrorist that did this gets whats coming to him.

Since: Apr 08

Waynesboro, VA

#15 Mar 3, 2011
Topix has duplicated a thread again. Additional comments on this topic - including those assumed to be deleted - can be found here:

http://www.topix.com/forum/source/nbc29/TG832...
Nicole Bennett

Barboursville, VA

#16 Mar 3, 2011
I am so heart broken and at a lose of words. Zac was and will always be a dear friend to me! He was there for me when no one else truly understood what i was going through. He would hold my hand in any situation if I needed him to. Zac was the only friend I had that would teach me how to fix my car without just doing it and saying "girls can't work on cars". Zac truly cared about his friend and family. I can't believe he is gone. I miss and love you Zac! Really hate you didn't get to meet my son! But your name will be spoken of proudly to him, and he will know how great of a friend you are!
Tina Lane

Charlottesville, VA

#17 Mar 3, 2011
I got a phone call this morning with the worst news ever. I went to school with Zac and graduated with Tim. Zac always had a smile on his face, and if you didn't, he knew how to make you smile. He was such a great friend, always there for anyone with open arms. It is hard to believe this tragedy has taken place, but now there is one more very special angel watching over us. My thoughts and prayers are with the Cuddeback family. I love you guys <3
Sr Atty

Charlottesville, VA

#18 Mar 3, 2011
Condolences to the family of this fine young man! His murder was an act of cowardice by some very misguided people.
Greene County Mom

Charlottesville, VA

#19 Mar 3, 2011
A true hero to whom we all owe our own lives and freedom. God bless his family.
john r

Charlottesville, VA

#20 Mar 3, 2011
I had 3 years with zac in automotive class. He was a great man, that died doing what he loved. He always spoke of being in the military and how he loved cars.He always spoke of his brother. me,along with all the other 2008 grads and my Auto class especially, he will be missed badly. This is a complete shock to all of us. our thoughts go to his family and his little brother. God bless Zac and his family
Dave

Kassel, Germany

#21 Mar 3, 2011
God bless you all. I am retired Army from Charlottesville and live in Germany now. Zachary is a hero and his loss is a tragedy.
Howard

Charlottesville, VA

#22 Mar 3, 2011
My deepest sympathy to the family...Zach will be missed at the rink...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hessen, Germany Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Hanau says goodbye to U.S. troops (Nov '08) 22 hr Glenn Shepard 1,410
Germany jails jihadist in its first IS-related ... Dec 7 Tim 1
Slain German woman may get medal for aiding others Dec 4 Nicki 4
Slain German woman may get medal for aiding others Dec 1 hmm 2
Union calls on Lufthansa pilots to stage strike Nov 30 Dirk 1
Comet lander Philae connection lost after download Nov '14 SpaceBlues 7
What does a comet sound like? It sounds like this Nov '14 Kid_Tomorrow 1
More from around the web

NFL Latest News

Updated 7:02 pm PST