These holiday breads spring from long...

These holiday breads spring from long histories

There are 2 comments on the Baltimore Sun story from Dec 3, 2008, titled These holiday breads spring from long histories. In it, Baltimore Sun reports that:

Stroll into my kitchen this holiday season, and you'll smell the rich aromas of cinnamon, cardamom, melting chocolate and toasting nuts.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Baltimore Sun.

Mary in Baltimore

United States

#1 Dec 3, 2008
My parents started making stollen back in the 1950's long before it became popular. They researched various recipes and finally decided on one from an old Joy of Cooking, now long out of print, I do not have that recipe but have used one that appeared in Bon Appetit magazine about 20 years ago. Like my parents, I bake the bread in loaf pans.
Lisa

Elloree, SC

#2 Dec 4, 2008
The recipe sounds wonderful. I can not wait to try it. Having the "rich aromas of cinnamon, cardamom, melting chocolate and toasting nuts" sounds like a wonderful way to welcome in the holiday season.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dresden, Germany Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Anti-Immigrant Protests Grow as Refugees Flood ... Dec '15 Frank Toledo 1
News Why has xenophobia risen in Germany? (Jan '15) Nov '15 Bigkahuna9242 2
News German government steps up criticism of anti-Is... (Oct '15) Nov '15 Bigkahuna9242 2
News Tensions in Germany rise amid flood of asylum-s... (Nov '15) Nov '15 TRUMP 4
News Dutch firebrand vows to show Muhammad cartoons ... (Jun '15) Jun '15 The_Prophet_Not_C... 2
solution centre (May '15) May '15 ROSE HOWARD 1
solution house (May '15) May '15 ROSE HOWARD 1
More from around the web