Marijuana increases alcohol toxicity ...

Marijuana increases alcohol toxicity in young rats

There are 44 comments on the www.sciencecodex.com story from Apr 8, 2008, titled Marijuana increases alcohol toxicity in young rats. In it, www.sciencecodex.com reports that:

Marijuana is among the most frequently used illicit drugs by women during their childbearing years and there is growing concern that marijuana abuse during pregnancy, either alone or in combination with other drugs, may have serious effects on fetal brain development.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.sciencecodex.com.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Mack the Finger

Cincinnati, OH

#1 Apr 8, 2008
Rats don't live long enough to be old enough to buy booze, so who cares?

Bet most can't buy pot either.
Lunatic

United States

#2 Apr 8, 2008
Why do they keep recycling the old propaganda instead of coming up with new stuff?

“It's 420 here.”

Since: Jun 07

cold comfort farm

#3 Apr 8, 2008
Our rug rats never had any interest in booze, but they loved hearing all the noise coming from the bedroom!
Paul

Olympia, WA

#4 Apr 8, 2008
Wow. And in the big picture, what's the problem with scenario? You guessed it! The one and only... ALCOHOL!
WOW

United States

#5 Apr 8, 2008
The pot smokers are not going to like this one. If they still have the ability to think they won't be making smart comments like Mack the Finger. At 18 days of development in the womb. A human embrio (baby) brain is being formed. Ever see people walking around with small heads. That is called fetal alcohol syndrome. That persons mother was a crack smoking and or pot smoking addict using alcohol as a chaser to amplify and prolong the affects of their high. They have babies with varying degrees of retardation and other damage. Some have no visible small head but just weird thinking. Ever heard of attention deficit disorder? Or hyperactivity? ADHD? If you have been diagnosed with it blame it on mom. Sorry if your mom was a crack head doing guys for drugs and money. They are not the only ones though some of those prudish mothers that have a martini every once in a while can have one to many on the 18th day. They might not even know they are pregnant. Go figure. Why are they doing this knid of research on rats anyway. Because too many moms are having ADHD children and it is gumming up the schools and destroying the next gereation. And you thought your drug problem was only affecting you! I can believe some of you. You are so self absorbed. Me me me!!!!!
banjoz42

United States

#7 Apr 8, 2008
i think they would find better test subjects than rats heck ill volunteer
WOW_WEE

Mount Holly, NJ

#8 Apr 8, 2008
WOW wrote:
The pot smokers are not going to like this one. If they still have the ability to think they won't be making smart comments like Mack the Finger. At 18 days of development in the womb. A human embrio (baby) brain is being formed. Ever see people walking around with small heads. That is called fetal alcohol syndrome. That persons mother was a crack smoking and or pot smoking addict using alcohol as a chaser to amplify and prolong the affects of their high. They have babies with varying degrees of retardation and other damage. Some have no visible small head but just weird thinking. Ever heard of attention deficit disorder? Or hyperactivity? ADHD? If you have been diagnosed with it blame it on mom. Sorry if your mom was a crack head doing guys for drugs and money. They are not the only ones though some of those prudish mothers that have a martini every once in a while can have one to many on the 18th day. They might not even know they are pregnant. Go figure. Why are they doing this knid of research on rats anyway. Because too many moms are having ADHD children and it is gumming up the schools and destroying the next gereation. And you thought your drug problem was only affecting you! I can believe some of you. You are so self absorbed. Me me me!!!!!
YOU HAVE GOT SOME ISSUES MAN!!!!!!!!!!
Everything is not about "CRACK" maybe in your world!!!!!!!!!!
Crack has only been around since the early ninety's. Look at environment. Atomic bombs being tested in the air by many countries. Also look at our wonderful throw away world and the invention of plastic!!!!!!!!!!
Do you think all those plastic bottles of water are harmless!!!!!!!!!
Not to mention all of the other products sold in plastic bottles.
I am just saying that their is more to look at than just "ONE THING"!!!!!!!!!!
Good Day!!!!!!!!!!
banjoz42

United States

#9 Apr 8, 2008
everybody wants to put a letter discription on kids when all it boils down to i lack of disipline at home and at school if the get out of line bust that rear-end in front the class
Greg

United States

#10 Apr 8, 2008
More reasons to avoid dangerous drugs like marijuana and alcohol.
john

United States

#11 Apr 8, 2008
so they need to be purist , one or the other , sounds ok to me, and thats accomplished by ???? 1. making it illegal, 2. making it legal 3. not making it ? 4. only having oral sex ,, and the correct answer is , dont read any more studies
djscream67

Sunol, CA

#12 Apr 8, 2008
Marijuana increases alcohol toxicity in young "hood" rats!
Lunatic

United States

#13 Apr 8, 2008
WOW wrote:
If they still have the ability to think they won't be making smart comments like Mack the Finger.
I have an IQ of 151 on the WAIS, I'm a member of Mensa, and I've smoked or eaten pot nearly every day for two decades.
A human embrio (baby) brain is being formed. Ever see people walking around with small heads. That is called fetal alcohol syndrome. That persons mother was a crack smoking and or pot smoking addict using alcohol as a chaser to amplify and prolong the affects of their high.
1. If you denounce stoners as being stupid, you should learn how to spell 'embryo', or you'll look silly.
2. If it's really the pot or crack causing the damage, then why do doctors call it 'Fetal ALCOHOL Syndrome'?
Ever heard of attention deficit disorder? Or hyperactivity? ADHD? If you have been diagnosed with it blame it on mom. Sorry if your mom was a crack head doing guys for drugs and money.
Are you serious in your assertion that everybody who has ADHD or hyperactivity has a crack whore for a mother? I strongly suggest you stop eating paint chips already.
And you thought your drug problem was only affecting you! I can believe some of you. You are so self absorbed. Me me me!!!!!
Well, tobacco kills about 350,000-500,000 Americans each year, alcohol kills about 100,000 per year, and prescription drugs kill about 100,000 per year. All illegal drugs COMBINED kill 15,000-20,000, and that includes baddies like heroin and cocaine, both products of the pharmaceutical industry. If there's a drug problem in this country, over 90% of it is caused by tobacco, alcohol, and pharmaceuticals.
Eyes Wide Open

Dallas, TX

#14 Apr 8, 2008
Doing drugs during pregnancy is harmful to the fetus? DUH...really?

You mean it took a bunch of scientists with PhD's & years of research to figure this out? They must've been smoking dope along with the rats!

What next? A taxpayer funded 5-year experiment to discover that if you stand out in the rain you'll get wet?
dount tell

United States

#15 Apr 8, 2008
some party mice =party baby.its 3am are you pregnant?
frank

United States

#16 Apr 8, 2008
Stay clean and you'll never wonder, maybe if I hadn't.....
dount tell

United States

#17 Apr 8, 2008
the carbon in all plantlife has increased alot over the last fifty years so a study that says the cb1 has changed is incomplete to not show all plants absorb more cb1. the human body has its ways of reaction based on each test to say this plant is the harm is not correct.
Miyamoto Musashi

Lexington, KY

#18 Apr 8, 2008
Potheads won't listen because they spend their lives in a trance, which allows them to validate just about anything... Including their megalomania.
Ignorance_is_YOU

Salem, OR

#19 Apr 8, 2008
Before you get on your high horse, get your facts straight and learn how to spell! I am most certainly not a proponent of a pregnant woman doing anything to compromise the health of her fetus. That being said, your logic is misguided and you sound like an uneducated fool trying to prove to the world that you know what you're talking about. You don't. First of all, thanks for clueing us all in that a human embryo (not embrio) is a "baby". A DEVELOPING baby, as you failed to point out. Secondly, likening marijuana use to crack use shows how completely ignorant and out of touch you are. Women do not "do" guys for marijuana; you've got to separate pot from crack in your feeble little mind. They are two completely different animals altogether. Where did you get your facts? Marijuana smokers, "using alcohol as a chaser to amplify and prolong the affects of their high" and having, "...babies with varying degrees of retardation and other damage. Some have no visible small head but just weird thinking."? Since when was fetal ALCOHOL syndrome associated with smoking pot? Small heads? Weird thinking? Point the "weird thinking" finger at yourself there, ma'am. You obviously got your "facts" from an outdated church pamphlet or from the recesses of your own atrophied brain. And leave MY Mom out of this! I am less worried about the effect that people who smoke pot are having on our school system than I am about people like you, who are ignorance incarnate, are having on our world. Oh, and ADHD, Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD), and hyperactivity are all essentially in the same category. No reason to repeat yourself. I know this because I was diagnosed with ADD (which is now also categorized as ADHD) when I was in fifth grade; and my Mom is from the older generation and a fine upstanding woman who did nothing to compromise her pregnancy, of that I am sure. You are the one that is self-absorbed -- absorbed by your own ignorance and misunderstanding of oh so many things. I've got an idea -- go educate YOURSELF! One last thing, it would do you well to learn the difference between the words "affect" and "effect"; there is a big difference. Good day!
WOW wrote:
dount tell

United States

#20 Apr 8, 2008
i say regulate it and tax it and place on the prescibe do not injest while driving pregant or operating heavey machinery.
Roundman Bradford RI

Devault, PA

#21 Apr 8, 2008
MARIJUANA has never killed anyone, including fetuses. Alcohol and other legal drugs DO kill. Even Aspirin can kill you, by eating up your stomach or by overdose. Many geniouses and other highly intelligent people smoked pot all through 12 to 16+ years of school. You would be truly amazed at how many people you know or see on the street do or have smoked pot. They say "they have made pot much more potent these days". Well take something that can't hurt you and make it better, it STILL can't hurt you! Look up " Illegal Drugs and How They Got That Way". Marijuana was crimalized in an effort to get rid of Mexican Immigrants, nothing more.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dresden, Germany Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Weird Animals (Jun '16) Jun '16 Abrahammock Relig... 1
News Why has xenophobia risen in Germany? (Jan '15) Jun '16 Der Punisher 3
News Anti-Immigrant Protests Grow as Refugees Flood ... (Dec '15) Dec '15 Frank Toledo 1
News German government steps up criticism of anti-Is... (Oct '15) Nov '15 Bigkahuna9242 2
News Tensions in Germany rise amid flood of asylum-s... (Nov '15) Nov '15 TRUMP 4
News Dutch firebrand vows to show Muhammad cartoons ... (Jun '15) Jun '15 The_Prophet_Not_C... 2
solution centre (May '15) May '15 ROSE HOWARD 1
More from around the web