Greenhouse gas emissions hitting reco...

Greenhouse gas emissions hitting record highs

There are 5 comments on the WFLX-TV West Palm Beach story from Jun 5, 2011, titled Greenhouse gas emissions hitting record highs. In it, WFLX-TV West Palm Beach reports that:

Despite 20 years of effort, greenhouse gas emissions are going up instead of down, hitting record highs as climate negotiators gather to debate a new global warming accord.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WFLX-TV West Palm Beach.

LessHypeMoreFact

Nepean, Canada

#1 Jun 5, 2011
Thus illustrating the the majority is NOT in charge. The very few that profit the most by the current high energy price and war profiteering will continue to demand that things go on exactly as before. Change is scary. Change might not let them stay on top. I mean adapting to change might take some thinking and these guys got where they are by doing nothing as hard as they could..

“Happy, warm and comfortable”

Since: Oct 10

Mountain retreat, SE Spain

#3 Jun 5, 2011
LessFactMoreHype wrote:
Change is scary.
BOOO.
I hope that didn't frighten you too much.
Ö¿Ö
Northie

Spokane, WA

#4 Jun 5, 2011
LessHypeMoreFact wrote:
Thus illustrating the the majority is NOT in charge. The very few that profit the most by the current high energy price and war profiteering will continue to demand that things go on exactly as before. Change is scary. Change might not let them stay on top. I mean adapting to change might take some thinking and these guys got where they are by doing nothing as hard as they could..
Wish that were true. This would be easy to fix if it were simply a matter of putting it to a vote. Trouble is, most of us don't really want to learn about yet another complicated issue, and we definitely don't want to cut back on driving.

The energy industry's lead PR agency, Burson-Marsteller, understands this well. They also understand that it's very much like the willful denial of cancer risks by smokers, which they cultivated for the tobacco industry forty years ago.

The majority wants to ignore climate change, and that's exactly how the whores at Burson-Marsteller and their backers want to keep it. All they have to do is make climate science sound complicated, make solutions sound expensive, and make environmentalists sound effete.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Burson-Marstelle...
bronck burger

Fair Lawn, NJ

#5 Jun 5, 2011
folks ENJOY LIFE and INCREASE YOUR CARBON FOOT PRINT. LET THE GREENIES GIVE UP LIVING THE GOOD AND SUFFER.

“Happy, warm and comfortable”

Since: Oct 10

Mountain retreat, SE Spain

#6 Jun 5, 2011
Northie wrote:
we definitely don't want to cut back on driving.
Speak for yourself, I've cut my driving down from 3,000 miles per annum when I was in business, to around 1,000 kms (621 mls) per annum, and the cars I use now are more fuel efficient.
Do I score any eco points for that?
Admittedly, Mrs E does a few more kms than me, shopping etc.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bonn, Germany Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Global warming worsens with record temps, wides... (May '16) May '16 Junk Or Treasure 1
News Magazines Canada hires new CEO (Dec '15) Dec '15 News Anchor X 1
News The Climate Post: World on Path to Miss 2C Target (Sep '15) Sep '15 Earthling-1 7
God Damned Holy Spirit!!!. (Jul '15) Jul '15 dGo mnaDed lyHo i... 1
News Europe pivots between safety and privacy online (Jan '15) Jan '15 Kid_Tomorrow 1
News Religion is out of fashion with most German you... (Aug '08) Nov '14 Herb 5
News Greenhouse gas emissions hitting record highs (Jun '11) Nov '14 Earthling-1 214
More from around the web