Ukraine PM appeals for unity after Od...

Ukraine PM appeals for unity after Odessa tragedy

There are 17 comments on the News Times story from May 4, 2014, titled Ukraine PM appeals for unity after Odessa tragedy. In it, News Times reports that:

Pro-Russian protesters break up the words "Ukrainian the Security Service" next to the Ukrainian regional office of the Security Service in Donetsk, eastern Ukraine, Saturday, May 3, 2014, which has been captured to honor the memory of fallen comrades during fighting with pro-Ukrainian activists in Odessa on Friday.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at News Times.

Observer

United States

#1 May 4, 2014
An appeal for 'unity' AFTER they've unleashed right sector fascists onto the East?

This Elmer Fudd PM is living in a dream world.
Tim

Barby, Germany

#2 May 4, 2014
it is slashing of these poor people from trade union commited jt by all thescriminals, who were installed there by usa after this coup d´etat in Ukraine.
people in Ukraine should generally vote for prorussian candidates, because they are wiser, take care of own country more and they are not such corrupt as these prouss criminals.
fyi

Seattle, WA

#3 May 4, 2014
no unity with fascists!
right sector fascists massacred those people!
Wandrey

Limerick, Ireland

#6 May 5, 2014
Ukrainian PM is so naive thinking people believe him haha
an honest american

United States

#9 May 5, 2014
Ukrainian PM is a war criminal. F_K him.

Hang the nazi prick!
an honest american

United States

#10 May 5, 2014
notice the US news blackout while this prick goes about his dirty business?

They're in it up to their ears.
Oliver Cromwell

Poulton, UK

#11 May 5, 2014
The SOB will end up hanging by the ball's.
George

Red Deer, Canada

#12 May 5, 2014
an honest american wrote:
Ukrainian PM is a war criminal. F_K him.
Hang the nazi prick!
Oh man, what a childish response, not a surprise from this idiot though. Good thing you are not
working with either side to negotiate a cease fire. This is the attitude of Americans that the US is trying to stop but here he is in the flesh, thankfully he is in the minority and would have difficulty having allies join him.
thework of Ukrainian scum

United States

#13 May 5, 2014
This is what the scum of Ukraine are doing with American complicity.

http://ersieesist.livejournal.com/813.html

How the thugs killed Odessa inhabitants in the Trade Unions House - the details of the bloody scenario
UruEuWauWau

Recife, Brazil

#14 May 5, 2014
There's no Ukraine PM anymore. This cohcksuckin' byatch of 'em Yanks in Washington DC is a PM of the future W.Ukraine, or 'reduced' Ukraine dumphole. While E.Ukraine will become an independent 'Small Russia'. ;-) However, I reckon Kremlin doesn't really care 'bout an independent E.Ukraine, & so much less E.Ukraine as a part of RF. All Putin's administration wants is to stop Yanks & NATO in Ukraine, as farther as possible from its borders, even if it means to destroy Ukraine, eventually. On the other hand the bigger player China is still watchin', & preparin'. ;-)
unity is now fantasy

United States

#15 May 5, 2014
Unity? Fat chance now

Cycle of Violence in Ukraine Dims Hope of Resolution

Deaths such as those in Odessa on Friday, when dozens of pro-Russian activists perished in a burning building during fierce street clashes in the Black Sea port, have injected new venom to the conflict. It has triggered appeals for help to President Vladimir Putin — and calls for revenge.

"I am of two bloods, Ukrainian and Russian," said Forminski, the photographer. "Who says we want to join Russia and Putin?

"It is a lie. We just want to live in peace, not with fascists."

"They took the first step to split the country," he said of the new leadership in Kiev, citing the overthrow of Yanukovych and the new government's swift embrace of the U.S. and European Union over the objections of the east, whose industry is closely tied in with trading partners in Russia.

Here in the east, the new government in Kiev is seen as rooted in nationalism, hostile to Russians and their history.

Mikhail, a 55-year-old former sailor in the port of Mariupol, was another who sees secession as a last resort: "I am Ukrainian. Let it be Ukraine, but without that government. Otherwise, we will go with Russia. It is the lesser of two evils."

http://www.themoscowtimes.com/news/article/cy...
George

Red Deer, Canada

#16 May 5, 2014
If Ukraine forces cannot bring the unrest to quiet, hopefully they will use Nato peace keeping to bring all the protestors to rest. They are massing a very large force in Poland and would not be much of an effort to stop the violence.

I have no problem with peaceful protesting and marches, but I do have a problem with groups that are violent against a country that does not want a war and is willing to talk.
Chris

Toronto, Canada

#17 May 5, 2014
George wrote:
If Ukraine forces cannot bring the unrest to quiet, hopefully they will use Nato peace keeping to bring all the protestors to rest. They are massing a very large force in Poland and would not be much of an effort to stop the violence.
I have no problem with peaceful protesting and marches, but I do have a problem with groups that are violent against a country that does not want a war and is willing to talk.
Which country is that, idiot?

This all confluct is happening, bercause NATO pushed itself into the region, where it does not belong, and you want NATO to even irritate the situation further. Ukraine is not NATO member, and NATO has no business to continue its habit of intervening in countries that have nnothing to do with NATO.
Observer

United States

#18 May 5, 2014
Ukraine is finished as a unified state.

These idiots in Kiev don't understand what they've unleashed. They've lost this war before it barely began.

So what if they manage to take a few cities back with the help of their right sector nazi thugs? The point of no return is already crossed for those in the East. More bloodshed will only steel their resistance.

Have they ever seen The Battle of Algiers? Have their American 'advisers' not explained to them our experiences in Saigon or both of ours in Afghanistan? Or resistance movements during WWII for that matter? Every official appointed by Kiev in those cities will have a life span of a year at best. They'll be shot dead in the streets or they'll live in barricades every day they're there. Every factory will be a target for arson. There aren't enough 'patriot' thugs in all of Ukraine to protect it all night and day.

I've seen the videos of these Easterners, heard their comments, seen their outrage. Kiev has a snowball's chance in hell of ruling them now.
These are not central american death squads unleashed on mountain villages. This is going to be hard core, battle hardened resistance.

Game over. Thanks, Victoria Nuland and company, you dumb b1tch!
Observer

United States

#19 May 5, 2014
LOL

George thinks Kiev is willing to 'talk'.

You don't 'talk' with the likes of right sector and its enablers. You annihilate them, like the rabid dogs they are.
Observer

United States

#20 May 5, 2014
Chris wrote:
<quoted text>
Which country is that, idiot?
This all confluct is happening, bercause NATO pushed itself into the region, where it does not belong, and you want NATO to even irritate the situation further. Ukraine is not NATO member, and NATO has no business to continue its habit of intervening in countries that have nnothing to do with NATO.
Yeah, NATO - right. George lives in a perpetual fog.

Washington will tell NATO "saddle up", Berlin will say "Nein" and they'll be left with another 'coalition of the willing' of a few thousand Polish troops asked to fight alongside Banderistas and maybe a few Georgians thrown in.

You don't think Merkel has told Putin "Don't put me in a position that I can't refuse without serious blowback. If Washington goes nuts, then I can kibash NATO but if you move first, it'll be harder."

They're all waiting for more blood to flow before acting. Kiev is digging its own grave and Putin knows it. It's a miserable crime against the East to wait but that's realpolitik for you.
Wandrey

Limerick, Ireland

#22 May 5, 2014
Deep thinking, maybe even obvious, Observer. Everyone will see sooner or later. I bet for a Ukraine's split, like it was 100 years ago.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Berlin, Germany Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Number of Islamic extremists growing in Germany (Oct '14) Apr 27 jojo 34
News German Muslim leader draws nationalist party Na... Apr 22 ATHENA the MACEDO... 5
Vorteile bei der PKV für Beamte? Apr 12 KalterG 2
Welche sind die besten Festplatten Apr 2 Martin1986 3
News Nationalist party set for gains as 3 German sta... Apr 2 Jack 1
News European migrant crisis prompts protests; leade... Mar '16 TRUMP ISRIGHT 3
News Merkel says German multiculturalism has failed (Oct '10) Mar '16 Ron 22
More from around the web