Holloman preps for Oktoberfest

Holloman preps for Oktoberfest

There are 197 comments on the Alamogordo Daily News story from Sep 23, 2009, titled Holloman preps for Oktoberfest. In it, Alamogordo Daily News reports that:

Members of the German dance group Schuhplatter ride a parade float during the 12th annual Oktoberfest at Holloman Air Force Base on Sept.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Alamogordo Daily News.

First Prev
of 10
Next Last
no weapons

Alamogordo, NM

#1 Sep 24, 2009
I personally enjoy this event, but seriously, why bring a weapon when all you need is the 3lb. mug that they put in your hand when you walk in!
Amber

Santa Barbara, CA

#2 Sep 24, 2009
Makes me thirsty:)
PERMANENT DAMAGE

Artesia, NM

#3 Sep 24, 2009
Every year Holloman Air Force Base in Alamogordo N.M. hosts a German Oktoberfest where they serve German Beer in large German beer steins. This event is open to civilians from Alamogordo. Large German beer steins are given to everyone as they walk through the gates of the festival. The Alamogordo Daily News dated 9-24-09 front page “Let the partying begin”. In the article it states “There are no weapons allowed at Oktoberfest, including anything that could be used as a weapon”

On 9-23-09 (just yesterday) U.S. vs.******* Criminal Case number 08-CR-1976 JH. A young woman was convicted on two counts. Assault with a dangerous weapon and Assualt resulting in serious bodily injury. At Oktoberfest 2007 on Holloman Air Force Base the convicted took a large beer stein and smashed it again a women’s face causing a gash from the top of her cheek to the bottom of her jaw requiring 18 stitches leaving a large scare. As proof of this conviction just yesterday, the US Federal Government has deemed these beer steins as dangerous weapons.
NMJoe

Woodbridge, VA

#4 Sep 24, 2009
better make them leave their shoes at home too!!! M o r o n......
wtf

Albuquerque, NM

#5 Sep 24, 2009
can you slice someones face with a shoe?
wtf

Albuquerque, NM

#6 Sep 24, 2009
why do you feel it is necessary to call people names NMJoe? I bet you would think it was a little more serious if it happened to someone you cared about!
someone

La Luz, NM

#7 Sep 24, 2009
wtf wrote:
can you slice someones face with a shoe?
if you can with a boxing glove you can with a shoe.(not very bright)
someone

La Luz, NM

#8 Sep 24, 2009
There is under age drinking at the fest. I know of high school kids that go there to drink , and they get away with it. and thats how all the fights start.They need to make it 21 and over, and use plastic cups. Then after the fest give them a mug.
PERMANENT DAMAGE

Artesia, NM

#9 Sep 24, 2009
Good Idea!! Not all drunks are happy drunks. Just look around.

“Our nearest star”

Since: May 09

Alamogordo, NM

#10 Sep 24, 2009
someone wrote:
There is under age drinking at the fest. I know of high school kids that go there to drink , and they get away with it. and thats how all the fights start.They need to make it 21 and over, and use plastic cups. Then after the fest give them a mug.
Well, you have to put some of the blame on those high schoolers' parents for allowing their children to attend Oktoberfest and drink. Parenting is a full-time job.
PERMANENT DAMAGE

Artesia, NM

#11 Sep 24, 2009
I am all for a good time but lots of alcohol, dangerous weapons and stupid people are a deadly mix.
NMJoe

Woodbridge, VA

#12 Sep 24, 2009
Sorry ******** or troll or whatever. I feel compelled to call them as I see em... It is a dayum party / Celabration / Oktoberfest / Drunkfest. Call it what you will. People get drunk and beat the c r a p out of each other everywhere. Does that mean close all the bars, stop having party's, cancel all weddings and most of all stop the sale of alcohol. People just need to think before they say stupid SHI!.... As for the underage drinking. Kids are going to do whatever they can get away with. Good parents or not. Someday when your child gets older and little more exposed to the world you will see. He will test the boundries......they all do.
serious

Alamogordo, NM

#13 Sep 24, 2009
The Alamogordo Daily News dated 9-24-09 front page “Let the partying begin”. In the article it states “There are no weapons allowed at Oktoberfest, including anything that could be used as a weapon”

On 9-23-09 (just yesterday) U.S. vs.******* Criminal Case number 08-CR-1976 JH. A young woman was convicted on two counts. Assault with a dangerous weapon and assault resulting in serious bodily injury. At Oktoberfest 2007 on Holloman Air Force Base the convicted took a large beer stein and smashed it against a woman’s face causing a gash from the top of her cheek to the bottom of her jaw requiring 18 stitches leaving a large scar. As proof of this conviction just yesterday, the US Federal Government has deemed these beer steins as dangerous weapons. If there is a reporter out there that dares to touch this please let me know.

“Our nearest star”

Alamogordo, NM

#14 Sep 24, 2009
Don't let your child get away with just anything. Make consequences for their actions!
Michael Morris

San Francisco, CA

#15 Sep 24, 2009
serious wrote:
The Alamogordo Daily News dated 9-24-09 front page “Let the partying begin”. In the article it states “There are no weapons allowed at Oktoberfest, including anything that could be used as a weapon”
On 9-23-09 (just yesterday) U.S. vs.******* Criminal Case number 08-CR-1976 JH. A young woman was convicted on two counts. Assault with a dangerous weapon and assault resulting in serious bodily injury. At Oktoberfest 2007 on Holloman Air Force Base the convicted took a large beer stein and smashed it against a woman’s face causing a gash from the top of her cheek to the bottom of her jaw requiring 18 stitches leaving a large scar. As proof of this conviction just yesterday, the US Federal Government has deemed these beer steins as dangerous weapons. If there is a reporter out there that dares to touch this please let me know.
Now it is 18. Grows just like the rest of the story. At the same trial a prosecution witness testified under oath that he attacked another person at the event with no provocation. Other testimony suggested it was more like a savage beating, yet he was not charged. Oh did I mention that other prosecution witnesses put no less than 2 SP officers at the scene of that beating.

Keep an eye on the case. Surprising developments have begun regarding that one.

“I got it back!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!”

Location hidden

#16 Sep 24, 2009
NMJoe wrote:
Sorry ******** or troll or whatever. I feel compelled to call them as I see em... It is a dayum party / Celabration / Oktoberfest / Drunkfest. Call it what you will. People get drunk and beat the c r a p out of each other everywhere. Does that mean close all the bars, stop having party's, cancel all weddings and most of all stop the sale of alcohol. People just need to think before they say stupid SHI!.... As for the underage drinking. Kids are going to do whatever they can get away with. Good parents or not. Someday when your child gets older and little more exposed to the world you will see. He will test the boundries......they all do.
I disagree...
If children are taught at an early age to respect thier elders, and obey thier parents, then they will continue that throughout life.
I have a 15 and 13 year old. They have not shoplifted, tried drugs, engaged in sex, skipped school, or most of the other things some children will try.
We have open and honest discussions about these very things on a regular basis.
I have a cabinet full of "Adult Beverages" that have not been touched. I can leave $$$ on the counter, and it will all be there in the morning.
SOME children will still act out, but for the most part, if they are taught order and respect at a young age, it will stay with them as they grow up.

And NO, I did/do NOT beat my children.
PERMANENT DAMAGE

Artesia, NM

#17 Sep 24, 2009
Mr. MM Defense I’m using this forum to stress the seriousness of mixing lots of alcohol and dangerous weapons. This is not the first time that someone has been hit by these beer steins. We can go round n round about the details of the trial. It is a sad situation but the fact of the matter is the accused was found guilty by a jury of her peers.
Alex

El Paso, TX

#18 Sep 24, 2009
All arguments and morality aside, lets look at the other things. Authentic German food, good and cheap German beer on tap, fun environment with fun music, and lots of fun, drunk people. As always, you have the bottom 2% of all people who are scumbags and aren't happy unless the night ends behind bars. But that 2% is found everywhere, why bring them up at the Oktoberfest! Everybody just have fun! Cheers!
P.S.
Don't drink and drive.

Since: Aug 09

Alamogordo, NM

#19 Sep 24, 2009
Steins are not dangerous. Stop over-reacting. Idiots like you are the reason I have to spend 20 minutes passing airport security.

A blunt, heavy object can be used as a weapon. However hitting somebody in the face with a blunt object seems more like a personal issue than a social issue.
PERMANENT DAMAGE

Artesia, NM

#20 Sep 24, 2009
StephenDH wrote:
Steins are not dangerous. Stop over-reacting. Idiots like you are the reason I have to spend 20 minutes passing airport security.
Oh idiots like me are the reasons for airport security? I've had it all wrong this whole time. I thought it was terrorist. My point is steins and the drunk people that throw them are dangerous. Good luck to you!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 10
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Baden-Wurttemberg, Germany Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Recently Arrived Migrant Arrested After Rape an... 3 hr jsestanoseutoba 1
News Stuttgarter Hofbrau Beer Now available in the USA (Nov '08) Nov 29 BillyD 125
News Why I remember Kristallnacht Nov 27 james 2
News Raped and tortured by IS, Yazidi women recover ... Aug '16 Stephany McDowell 1
News German psychiatrist plans to scan the brains of... Aug '16 HumanSpirit 2
News After 60 years, U.S. hands over Babenhausen (Sep '07) Jul '16 Glenn Adams 280
News German Protestant bishop wants Islam classes in... (May '16) Jun '16 The Proclaimer 6
More from around the web