Ansbach Memories
Rob Kiskaden

Richmond, KY

#1 Aug 30, 2008
I had the pleasure of being stationed in Ansbach from March 1993 til March 1995. I was with the 6th Battalion 43rd Air Defense unit at Shipton Kaserne during that time. I made the most of my down time there by going into town and exploring the town and meeting several citizens of whom I became friends with. My favorite places to go in town were the Music Box music store just down from the Mcdonalds and the toy store in the middle of town. I used to frequent a local pub called Hai Life which was located near the large church at the far end of the old market area. In July 1993, 6/43 deployed to Saudi Arabia for Operation Desert Falcon and I was away for 6 months, but always thought about and couldn't wait to come back to Ansbach. I had the opportunity to move out of the Army post and onto Benkendorff Strasse in 1994 when I married a local woman, of since have parted ways with. I found the citizens of Ansbach were generally friendly and helped me out a lot as I explored and wanted to see more of the places of interest and always felt welcome in the shops downtown. I hope one day to be able to come and visit Ansbach once again and bring my son so he too can enjoy a piece of Bavaria.
jarod z

Adelshofen, Germany

#2 Oct 19, 2008
im only 10 yrs old and i live in ansbach
John Adams

United States

#3 Jun 29, 2009
I miss Ansbach so bad I can't stand it. It became home to me. I was with 501st MP Company, 1st A.D. from 1990 to 1993. Loved that town and it's people.
Gunnar Planitzer

Netherlands

#4 Sep 4, 2009
I was working in Hai Life from '93 -'95, also in Hardrock Cafe Waldsee.
In '96 I moved to The Netherlands - Hoek van Holland, but I miss Ansbach. Try to visit next year.
John Armstrong

Pueblo, CO

#5 Jan 3, 2010
Lived in Ansbach 77-80 at 43 Fischer Str while assigned to HHC 1st AD. Would love to hear from any one. Have some recent pictures of the city and Hindenberg Karesne which is now a school The Division HHC and 501st AG buildings are still there.
[email protected]
heidi

Cortland, NY

#6 Apr 16, 2010
my dad was stationed in Ansbach from 85-94. He work at Bleidorn then at Katterbach. I miss the sites now try to explain what it was like over in Germany to my kids is very hard now. I love looking at old pic and pics I find on the web and close my eyes and almost feel like I'm back in Ansbach......maybe someday.
Thomas

Germany

#7 Jul 23, 2010
John Adams wrote:
I miss Ansbach so bad I can't stand it. It became home to me. I was with 501st MP Company, 1st A.D. from 1990 to 1993. Loved that town and it's people.
John? 501st MP / 1st AD / Barton Barracks / Edward Perdue / Green Goose ?
Riley

Irving, TX

#8 Jun 22, 2011
I was stationed in Ansbach from 1995 to 1998. Wonderful place wished i could have stayed there forever. Got back stateside and it just wasn't the same.
Sean California

United States

#9 Nov 9, 2011
Was a JAGC with HHC 1st Armored Division in Ansbach 1984-1987. Lived on Benkendorff Stasse. I remember fondly trips to Nurenburg, Rottenburg, Dinkelspiel... Shopping at Attracta, Kaufhalle. Walking in the gardens of the Orangerie, and in Ansbach's Fussgang area. The wine and beer fests. Volksmarches.
Ernie Cantu

Haslet, TX

#10 Sep 9, 2012
I was stationed at Bleidorn from 88 to 91. C battery. 3/17.
Chris Davey

Lincoln, NE

#11 Sep 15, 2012
I also spent 2 years in Ansbach between March '92 and May '94 while I was with an ADA unit on Shipton Kaserne. I am from Lincoln, Ne and this was an incredible departure from what I was used to. Look back with nothing but fond memories. My very first experience in German society was just days after arriving and going to some kind of 'May Fest.' Seems to be a fest for nearly every month over there. Had cola & beer. Saw a polka band play the Scorpions. Got hammered - had a blast. I don't like to fly, but if I did I would like to bring my son over to see the town I spent my entire military time in. Love you, Ansbach. I'll forget ya!You 'grew me up.'
wm caudill

Florence, KY

#12 Dec 12, 2013
I cant believe the flair/hailife has burned down! was one of the best places to club and party in ansbach when i was there (1983-1986) ansbach is a wonderful "little" town with very nice people. I was treated like one of thier own by all people young and old. i had many german friends who made me feel at home instead of a stranger in a strang land. cherished memories.
Scotty

Hamilton, MT

#13 Jan 1, 2015
90-96 in Ansbach. Had I not been stationed there, I would have never met my wonderful German wife of over 20 years! Danke Schon Deutchland!!!
hilda

Fayetteville, NC

#14 Oct 25, 2015
Riley wrote:
I was stationed in Ansbach from 1995 to 1998. Wonderful place wished i could have stayed there forever. Got back stateside and it just wasn't the same.
My daughter was born 1985 in Ansbach and lives now in Cocoa , Glenn Ave. She does sadly not remember since she was 3 when we left but I met my ex in Ansbach too. My sister still lves there and I went to the disco High life and Hotel Drechselsgartn and Riverboat. Great Times !
hilda

Fayetteville, NC

#15 Oct 25, 2015
Gruesse an alle Ansbacher, insbesondere Frau Schliebs , Roswitha und Mitarbeiter der Baeko 1988 die sich noch an mich, Kriemhild Taylor ehemals Stephan, erinnern.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ansbach, Germany Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Klapsmuehle/funny farm (Jul '12) Oct '15 hilda 2
News Drive-by shooting in Germany leaves at least tw... (Jul '15) Jul '15 Elise R Gingerich 1
Ansbach 1945 (Aug '14) Aug '14 Anonymous 1
News How to draw a crowd in North Carolina: Put some... (Nov '11) Nov '11 Rabbe yehoshooah... 1
armycasandra: Stationed at Ansbach, Germany now... (Sep '11) Sep '11 armydude 1
armycasandra: Stationed at Ansbach, Germany now... (Sep '11) Sep '11 armydude 1
youth sports (May '11) May '11 momma 1
More from around the web