George 'Sulu' Takei To Marry Partner

George 'Sulu' Takei To Marry Partner

There are 45 comments on the NBC 10 Philadelphia story from May 20, 2008, titled George 'Sulu' Takei To Marry Partner. In it, NBC 10 Philadelphia reports that:

POSTED: 9:11 am EDT May 20, 2008 UPDATED: 9:34 am EDT May 20, 2008 Proclaiming their "California dream is reality," "Star Trek" star George Takei has announced on his Web site Tuesday that he and his longtime ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NBC 10 Philadelphia.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Mike from Perkasie

Sellersville, PA

#1 May 20, 2008
I agree with Mr. Takei comments on how time will change this issue. Like slavery, child labor, voting restrictions and many other social issues that we once thought acceptable but now know to be wrong, banning gay marriages will at some point be a concept tossed on the trash heap of history. People in the future will scratch their heads and ask, "What was big deal?" Allowing gays and lesbians to marry won't harm marriage, won't tear our society apart or threaten children. That is a bunch of right-wing hooey. If two people love each other, they should be allowed to marry and not relegated to that clearly unconstitutional, second-class status of "legal union." The very idea that we would change our Constitution to ban same-sex marriages is laughable and any one who thinks that this is a good idea should look inside themselves and ask "Am I that much of a bigot, that I would toy with one of the most important document in history?" Leave the Constitution alone, leave gays alone and just let them marry if they want to.
ok_ok

Cresskill, NJ

#2 May 20, 2008
Mike from Perkasie wrote:
I agree with Mr. Takei comments on how time will change this issue. Like slavery, child labor, voting restrictions and many other social issues that we once thought acceptable but now know to be wrong, banning gay marriages will at some point be a concept tossed on the trash heap of history. People in the future will scratch their heads and ask, "What was big deal?" Allowing gays and lesbians to marry won't harm marriage, won't tear our society apart or threaten children. That is a bunch of right-wing hooey. If two people love each other, they should be allowed to marry and not relegated to that clearly unconstitutional, second-class status of "legal union." The very idea that we would change our Constitution to ban same-sex marriages is laughable and any one who thinks that this is a good idea should look inside themselves and ask "Am I that much of a bigot, that I would toy with one of the most important document in history?" Leave the Constitution alone, leave gays alone and just let them marry if they want to.
Donít even try to compare the gay marriage issue with slavery! While gays hid in the closet, others marched and died to be treated with respect! Now gays are coming out of the closet and pretending that they have done so much to advance civil rights. Cowards!
Philip

Jonas Ridge, NC

#3 May 20, 2008
Just two more who are screwed up in their heads and act it out in life, living a DIVIANT, scurge of a lifestyle. JUST like criminals, rapists, child molestors and the like, society will NEVER accept their disgusting behavior.
Dear Philip

United States

#4 May 20, 2008
Society is not accepting YOUR disgusting bigoted behavior. It is about time that we see some progress on same-sex marriages. The tide is shifting and those opposed to equal marriage are the ones being laughed at. GET OVER YOURSELF!!
underground

Philadelphia, PA

#6 May 20, 2008
I never understand the outrage that this issue provokes. Why can't they be in a legal union? Homosexuality has existed as long as there have been humans on this planet. I say cheers to Sulu!
Savannah Sky-NJ

Wilmington, DE

#7 May 20, 2008
I agree w/Bridgport, CT, this cannot be compared to slavery. I have a problem with Homosexuality because God has a problem with it. It's not up to me to be the judge. If you believe in God, you know who the judge is.
not impressed

Royston, GA

#11 May 20, 2008
Marriage is the social institution under which a man and woman establish their decision to live as husband and wife by legal commitments, religious ceremonies, etc. Gay unions are not marriage. They dont need to be, they already enjoy the benifits that hetro marriages do. This is an invasion of an institution to gain acceptance, nothing more, nothing less. That's the issue.
Tara Gibbs

Grand Turk, Turks and Caicos Islands

#12 May 20, 2008
Good Luck to you...

“Not all crack is bad.”

Since: May 08

Dallas

#13 May 20, 2008
I say good for them, given all the hate and bigotry in the world as evident in these comments there always room for a little more love.
CeAnn

Dallas, TX

#14 May 20, 2008
The government needs to work on deciding how many children a person and/or couple can have (IF any); not decide on who can marrry who! Gay couples are more married than married hetro's these day anyway. I give my blessing to any gay couple pursuing their rights.
Mikel

Philadelphia, PA

#15 May 20, 2008
The question is: Scotty, will you beam him aboard?
rrh9945

Los Angeles, CA

#16 May 20, 2008
Well I hope they are doing the right thing.........I hope they don't open a can of worms that will come to haunt every gay person.....How is a piece of paper going to improve their parterships that there in now......Gays are notorious for going through relationships like water....Divorces, will be a scream......Oh I see alot lawsuits coming down the pike.
And what about God, where do they put him...
Tiff

Denton, TX

#17 May 20, 2008
Well, the way society sees it may change, but God's opinion of it will never change and his is the one we should be worried about.
chris

Englewood, CO

#18 May 20, 2008
ask yourself, why were they in the closet to begin with, before you start judging...they could be put in asylums...if that isnt slavery, what is?
ok_ok wrote:
<quoted text>
Donít even try to compare the gay marriage issue with slavery! While gays hid in the closet, others marched and died to be treated with respect! Now gays are coming out of the closet and pretending that they have done so much to advance civil rights. Cowards!
chris

Englewood, CO

#19 May 20, 2008
and did god tell you that while you were having dinner with him?
Tiff wrote:
Well, the way society sees it may change, but God's opinion of it will never change and his is the one we should be worried about.
chris

Englewood, CO

#20 May 20, 2008
and straight people dont go through relationships...liz taylor needed a revolving door on the divorce court building installed...dont talk about what you dont know about....its just your way of being judge and jury on this issue....
rrh9945 wrote:
Well I hope they are doing the right thing.........I hope they don't open a can of worms that will come to haunt every gay person.....How is a piece of paper going to improve their parterships that there in now......Gays are notorious for going through relationships like water....Divorces, will be a scream......Oh I see alot lawsuits coming down the pike.
And what about God, where do they put him...
chris

Englewood, CO

#21 May 20, 2008
they dont have all the benefits of marriage and they are not universally recognized by each state. perhaps if they were, people wouldnt be persuing the whole marriage idea...please read about the entire issue before you make a blanket statement not based in fact..
not impressed wrote:
Marriage is the social institution under which a man and woman establish their decision to live as husband and wife by legal commitments, religious ceremonies, etc. Gay unions are not marriage. They dont need to be, they already enjoy the benifits that hetro marriages do. This is an invasion of an institution to gain acceptance, nothing more, nothing less. That's the issue.
chris

Englewood, CO

#22 May 20, 2008
you know, not everyone believes in god in this country, or at least the same one that you do...this country is based on freedom of religion and freedom FROM religion....so leave god out of it...
Savannah Sky-NJ wrote:
I agree w/Bridgport, CT, this cannot be compared to slavery. I have a problem with Homosexuality because God has a problem with it. It's not up to me to be the judge. If you believe in God, you know who the judge is.
Guano-man

Denton, TX

#23 May 20, 2008
Going where no man has gone before....Uranus! Wait a minute, maybe MANY men have gone there before!
SFC

Jackson, MI

#24 May 21, 2008
you're going straight to hell with gasoline drawers on!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dallas Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News How Obama addressed 'many sides' after Dallas p... 3 hr Mick 21
AT&T Premises Technician Pay?... (Oct '07) 11 hr WarForOil 9,908
kinfolk mc member a snitch! (Dec '16) 13 hr El Bandido 20
Hitler was a JEW(Khazar) (Jul '13) 14 hr 106 8IT khazar 2
Robert E Lee Park 16 hr Eric Ramsey 1
News If we mean to remove memorials of white suprema... Tue Eric Ramsey 1
News Dallas City Council Will Vote in the Next Month... Tue Eric Ramsey 1

Dallas Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Dallas Mortgages