AT&T Premises Technician Pay?...
Prem Tech -First Page-

Belton, MO

#166 Mar 2, 2008
The Prem tech position's top pay is a little less than 17/hr. Expect a lot of OT, especially if you are in a recently launched market.
I have heard a good amount of rumors, from the union stewards, about the Prem tech position... the most prominent one is that the Union is going to try to push AT&T back into a Tiered based job statuses. Prem installer (Basically the Prem tech job title.) would top out at 20/hr. Repairman (Basic pair troubleshooting and U-verse repair would top out around 25 and hour, and Cable tech (Advanced pair troubleshooting) at 32/hr. This tiered system seems fair to me. Hopefully, the union is strong enough to get this pushed through.
Cable Skinner- The only recommendation I have... and this goes for everyone... Don't take a temporary position. If you have a choice between a permanent position and a temp position with better pay- take the perm position. You will be better off in the long run.
MRCJ

Santa Ana, CA

#167 Mar 3, 2008
"Don't take a temporary position. If you have a choice between a permanent position and a temp position with better pay- take the perm position. You will be better off in the long run."

Hey whats up prem tech- first page. I have a few questions for you and for anyone else that can help. I was offered a position for premtech for $663 perweek, The thing is, is that the position is term. Do you think its not a good idea to take a term position? I was told by the recruiting lady pretty much everyone is hired on a term contract and if they do well in the 1-3 year time frame they are offered a position. However, im starting to become scared of how stable the position is. I think AT&T is a good company and was looking forward on building a career here. So my question, is it not a good choice to take a term position? thanks a million for your help.
Geof

Hillsboro, MO

#168 Mar 3, 2008
Frito2anywhere wrote:
Is anyone in here familiar w/ the telecommunication technician field or know about a AT&T position called a "Premises Technician"? I JUST TOOK THIS HARD ASS TEST for this position and they would even disclose the salary. The test was like 30-40 outta 60(read the paragraph that explains a diagram, than answer 2-3) questions(relating to the type of work you would be doing if hired)in 60 min...WTF!!
Are there wiring diagrams? What was difficult about the test? 13 bucks an hour looks pretty good right now.
Geof

Hillsboro, MO

#169 Mar 3, 2008
Are there wiring diagrams to read? What was difficult about the test? 13 bucks an hour looks pretty good right now and I'm scheduled for the test.
CJB

Lewisville, TX

#170 Mar 4, 2008
The test was pretty easy for me.
randy

United States

#171 Mar 5, 2008
bruce

They want me to take test also. Have they told you hours yet? Weekends? Nights?

Thanks

Collinsville
ATTJOB

United States

#172 Mar 5, 2008
I was offered a job at ATT for a salary of $478 per week. Is that before? or after taxes?

Thanks!
attjob

United States

#173 Mar 5, 2008
I was offered a job at att for $478 per week... is that before OR after taxes?

Also, does at&t check your credit? Do they deny you a job if you have bad credit?

I already went for the drug test.

Thanks.
BrandoKC

Menomonee Falls, WI

#174 Mar 6, 2008
I've got orientation tomorrow. Can anyone tell me if it's an all day thing and what to expect?
Thanks!
BrandoKC

Menomonee Falls, WI

#175 Mar 6, 2008
attjob wrote:
I was offered a job at att for $478 per week... is that before OR after taxes?
Also, does at&t check your credit? Do they deny you a job if you have bad credit?
I already went for the drug test.
Thanks.
That would be before taxes. I don't believe they check credit but I don't know for sure.
attjob

United States

#176 Mar 6, 2008
does anyone else know if they check your credit, and deny you a job if you have bad credit?

Thanks.
Ariel-IL

United States

#177 Mar 6, 2008
Does anyone else know for sure if they check your credit? and if they will deny a job if you have bad credit?
ryan

UK

#178 Mar 7, 2008
BYE PEPOL
attech

Pensacola, FL

#179 Mar 7, 2008
Anyone working a premise tech job should eventually be offered a job as an AT&T Service tech when all the old guy try to retire before the 2009 contract. I've been a ST for Bellsouth/AT&T for 10 years now, I make over $28 per hour and with overtime/doubletime I make 80-90k per year so stick with it till contract time comes up and make sure you put in for any ST jobs.
ghiotom

Saint Augustine, FL

#180 Mar 7, 2008
Hey attech, I'm about to get hired on here in NE Florida as a Service Tech. How was the training? Was it quick and then do they throw you to the wolves? And how was the pole climbing?
ckpg

Ionia, MI

#181 Mar 7, 2008
I have not so great credit and they hired me.

Also, the orientation is all day. They will keep you there for eight hours and you'll get a lunch and breaks.
Prem Tech -First Page-

Belton, MO

#182 Mar 7, 2008
Not sure about term techs in Bell South territory. I know, as far as the SW territory, it is a bad idea to take a temp position. As for ATTtech; not everyone is going to seat a position in EM-I/R-PG so don't recommend that people hire on at temp status, only to get cut in the end...... Not sure about the credit check. I am pretty sure that Ma Bell won't hold it against you.
billybob

Grain Valley, MO

#183 Mar 10, 2008
Brando,

My first day will be this Friday the 14th of March, if you don't mind fill me in on what exactly goes on that first day, and what days or hours that they told you that you could be working once you get out into the field......and any additional info you could fill me in on
billybob

Grain Valley, MO

#184 Mar 10, 2008
Prem Tech -First Page- wrote:
Not sure about term techs in Bell South territory. I know, as far as the SW territory, it is a bad idea to take a temp position. As for ATTtech; not everyone is going to seat a position in EM-I/R-PG so don't recommend that people hire on at temp status, only to get cut in the end...... Not sure about the credit check. I am pretty sure that Ma Bell won't hold it against you.
what is EM-I/R-PG?
Fiberoptikid

Tracy, CA

#185 Mar 10, 2008
I'm in California Central Valley. It doesn't seem that AT&T follows the same guidelines across the country. On New Years Eve "07" I went to test in Sacramento. I was called out of the room after a 10 computer test and told I qualified as a "Splicing Tech" @$1100 wk., based upon my work history. I am a "Level III Fiber Tech" with no copper experience, does that matter? In Jan.08 I sent consent for urinalysis, in Feb. 08 I e-mailed them "official AT&T application". Last week (Mar.08) I faxed consent for DMV & Background check. Anyone know if they are even close to sending me to training? Almost 4 mos. of waiting doing odd jobs to get by. Appreciate any info?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dallas Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Dallas police say 4 jailed in slaying of theft ... (Dec '08) 2 hr Pinky25 17
Add A Word Drop A Word (Nov '12) 6 hr GEORGIA 1,451
News Severe thunderstorm watch issued for Dallas, Ta... 7 hr dodo 1
Change A Letter Game (Nov '12) 9 hr Jennifer Renee 1,053
Ted Cruz should run as a Third Party candidate! 16 hr WarForOil 20
Review: Advanced Facial Plastic Surg - Benjamin... (Aug '11) Fri lisa s 11
News Undocumented immigrant, 17, on track to be Dall... Fri Dee Dee Dee 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Dallas Mortgages