AT&T Premises Technician Pay?...
the guy

Warsaw, NC

#1382 Jan 23, 2009
Im takin the test for prem tech for raleigh nc, where is the att facility at for me to get my truck??? east ral? west ral? south? north? what can i expect for pay? any other info pertaining to the raleigh att prem tech job would be appreciated, thanks
brian

Tinley Park, IL

#1383 Jan 23, 2009
i am still working around 70-80 hours a week, this job is awesome, i am told that these hours will last as long as i want to take them. i am still a prem. tech that wants to advance to a more rewarding job within the company. what does anyone out there think about the hours, my advancement or the up coming contract?
repoman

San Francisco, CA

#1384 Jan 23, 2009
brian wrote:
i am still working around 70-80 hours a week, this job is awesome, i am told that these hours will last as long as i want to take them. i am still a prem. tech that wants to advance to a more rewarding job within the company. what does anyone out there think about the hours, my advancement or the up coming contract?
the hours suck(no life)-advancement none as long as youare a prem tech,-upcoming contract? p in the air for now,but i suspect union is going to do all it can for the core union members than they will for the members outside the core contract...
Preemy

AOL

#1385 Jan 24, 2009
I am a PT I work 80+ hours a week, about 4 of those hours I feel productive (at Lunch) the rest of the time I make the sign of the cross hoping I can get the hell out of the customers house,and the servive will fire up. usually I fore warn the customer to have dinner ready and a cot, cause there is no telling how long this install will be. Most Surgeries take Less Time than installing Uverse, Imagine were talking TV here?? I say Thank God were not landing Boeing 747's cause there would be tradgedy after tradgedy. seems most PT have not seen a shower for days so aside from a can wrench the tool of choice is a family pack of wet naps,(portable hotel rooms For the tech on the extended go) I have a request for premtechs to use Rv's with port a pottys, and a kitchenette, most appropiate. After 3 failed jep'd installs in a row row for one reason or another, you generally consider a resort to handing the customer a box containing a RCA Telesoping rabbit ears set and look to hit the road. Oh the attics @ 110 degrees outside in the summer, the attic cooks at abot 170 degrees, so go up & do your work! you cant even leave sparky the family pet in a car @ 90 degress without serving jail time, so climbing out of an attic totally soak and wet of sweat with insulation stuck all over you, the customer mistakes you for a breaded chicken cutlet ready for the fry pan! I yet have been able to master the (att Log On to your laptop dial & talk on your cellphone and drive the techmobile to your customers house technique yet) any hints please let me know.
the guy

Warsaw, NC

#1386 Jan 24, 2009
well i passed the test, it was farely easy. now what?
teks

AOL

#1387 Jan 24, 2009
the guy wrote:
well i passed the test, it was farely easy. now what?
you will receive a call with a conditional job offer and tentative start date, they will send you for a physical and and upon passing that you will get all the w-2 and boot requirements and where to report and how long for your training. Good Luck!
JustAnotherTech

Powder Springs, GA

#1388 Jan 24, 2009
Preemy wrote:
I am a PT I work 80+ hours a week, about 4 of those hours I feel productive (at Lunch) the rest of the time I make the sign of the cross hoping I can get the hell out of the customers house,and the servive will fire up. usually I fore warn the customer to have dinner ready and a cot, cause there is no telling how long this install will be. Most Surgeries take Less Time than installing Uverse, Imagine were talking TV here?? I say Thank God were not landing Boeing 747's cause there would be tradgedy after tradgedy. seems most PT have not seen a shower for days so aside from a can wrench the tool of choice is a family pack of wet naps,(portable hotel rooms For the tech on the extended go) I have a request for premtechs to use Rv's with port a pottys, and a kitchenette, most appropiate. After 3 failed jep'd installs in a row row for one reason or another, you generally consider a resort to handing the customer a box containing a RCA Telesoping rabbit ears set and look to hit the road. Oh the attics @ 110 degrees outside in the summer, the attic cooks at abot 170 degrees, so go up & do your work! you cant even leave sparky the family pet in a car @ 90 degress without serving jail time, so climbing out of an attic totally soak and wet of sweat with insulation stuck all over you, the customer mistakes you for a breaded chicken cutlet ready for the fry pan! I yet have been able to master the (att Log On to your laptop dial & talk on your cellphone and drive the techmobile to your customers house technique yet) any hints please let me know.
You had me laughing on the floor!! That's exactly what happens and for just the amazing pay of $13.00 an hour!! Hahaha
Greg

Waterbury, CT

#1389 Jan 26, 2009
Preemy wrote:
I agree, you mailed it! hahaha
Make sure they have lunch and dinner ready. It is freakin ridiculas. I hope you guys get a nice increase in April. Here in CT the Attorney General is taking them to task for the expected layoffs citing the DPUC's regulatory powers to hold ATT to provide good customer service. Kind of hard when you are overbooked and always late after the customer took the day off from work. Cable TV was never this bad. Once again the last thirty years gave corporations the power to keep the profit but socialize the losses. Corporate Welfare has never been so bad as it is today. Let's hope the whole power structure shifts from being so top heavy. Problem is both sides of the aisle in congress are neck deep in lobby money and will have to be taken kicking and screaming from the feed bag like so many pigs. Good luck to you techs, you are doing a good job under terrible conditions.
Recks

Jacksonville, FL

#1390 Jan 26, 2009
I passed the initial test for the prem tech job about 2 weeks ago. I then received an email saying "Congratulations you have completed the initial testing phase required for this position." on Jan 16th.

Well, it's now the 26th and I still haven't heard anything back. The website offering the job now says that they're No Longer Accepting Job Submissions.

I'm in the Jacksonville, FL area. Anyone else applied for these positions and has heard anything?
James

United States

#1391 Jan 26, 2009
test
Who Me

Solana Beach, CA

#1392 Jan 26, 2009
In Calif the VP over Calif and Neveda Premise tech came a calling. She said the company wants the P.T. to be perm. the company and union just need to hammer out all the details: Wage scale, NCS dates, 49 hour, O.T. and more.
Once you go perm. and have time in title you can transfer to other jobs that have openings.
As to the hours they are managing the O.T. here. O.T. if you want it, call backs on O-days and 10+ hour days. If you are young go for it. Just don't burn your self out.
The company is always changing. Ignore the whining that goes on and do a good job.
I know, I'm a 2nd generation phone brat with 32 years and still going strong.
brian wrote:
JoeyBagofDonuts

Cumming, GA

#1393 Jan 27, 2009
Hey Recruiter Guy,
Before you start spouting off about what the job entails, you my want to go a do a couple of installs.
Are you and ATT HR still promising, home garaging, pay-raises at 6 months and profit sharing?
To all others what a bunch of bs.
10 months as a U Prem Tech in GA. nothing but LIES.
30+ years in Telecom, 100% positive cust. feedback. 12-16 hr days, 6-10 days forced, threatened discipline every other day.. NOt performing 2-4 installs or repairs daily.
What a crock of S***.
Folks you want to know about the uverse prem tech job I can tell you all about it.
VP SE Region, Muniz refused to discuss details and demands of the job.
Randy Tomilin/Sr VP didn't bother to reply.
Lycan

Prospect, CT

#1394 Jan 28, 2009
Forget about advancing in AT&T! to what?I have 12 years and now Im a prem tech! maybe in 45 years I can advance HA!
Rico 357

Cleveland, OH

#1395 Jan 30, 2009
Lycan wrote:
Forget about advancing in AT&T! to what?I have 12 years and now Im a prem tech! maybe in 45 years I can advance HA!
LYCAN, when were you suplused into a prem-tech position?
Pair Changer

Conyers, GA

#1396 Jan 30, 2009
Lycan did you keep your pay scale / or did they cut it by like 12 dollarrs an hour? I really hope not.. I am considering the position but hope it becomes represented under the new contract. They really need to get a handle on the whole deal. It really sounds sucky now, but could be great if it was a "normal job" with normal hours and normal pay. I'd do it in a second but now theres a lot of unknowns.
Pair Changer

Conyers, GA

#1397 Jan 30, 2009
Preemy wrote:
Put the phone on speaker in your front pocket or set it on your shoulder, and while logging in don't really focus on the road -- use your knee. "You Can Do It" You'll get it. I've CLOSED out jobs on the phone, smoking a cigarette, drinking a coke, doing 65. it takes a little practice, just "Be Safe" And always remeber it isn't your van anyway!!!!
tek

AOL

#1398 Jan 30, 2009
Pair Changer wrote:
<quoted text> Put the phone on speaker in your front pocket or set it on your shoulder, and while logging in don't really focus on the road -- use your knee. "You Can Do It" You'll get it. I've CLOSED out jobs on the phone, smoking a cigarette, drinking a coke, doing 65. it takes a little practice, just "Be Safe" And always remeber it isn't your van anyway!!!!
Thanks For the advice,I'm up to try anything at this point, trust me, After a 70hr week boy my knees are killing me from climbing in and out of my hard ribbed plastic bedliner that acts like a Bed Of nails Trying To Climb in to get my stuff, at the beginning of each job I have to collect all my boxes of Rg's Dvrs Etc and all my tools That miraculously have dumped from my tool bag and Im rounding up everything like I was herding Cats on an open meadow!, Oh My head Has many bumps on it, Since now I have to piss inside the truck now, after One of my customers neighbors caught me watering the neighborhood terminal cross box, But hey Im only a prem tech, Why you ask? were not allowed to put on our big boy telephone pants and visit a CO to Urinate with dignity Like Core Folk. Thats Frowned upon by prem tech Mgmt, this week I'm in a nice house, introduce myself and the Csr calls his wife for her update and tells her "honey the Cable Guy Is Here" What A Good moment I'm having, Now I have Gone Through 34 pairs of booties in one install concentrating on not breaking the chain of sterilization, oh and at the bottom & top of the stairway, the 2 kitchen entrances plus the kids rooms and at the beginning of the hallway they have these rediculous gates on them, you know the kind That keeps kids and pets out, do they take them away? of course not, I got to hike each one around a hundred times, I just far exceeded my payscale in booty and gate hiking alone, But wait it gets better, hoping this will be a straight forward install, you fact find and find out... yes the customer states, we had Satellite prior, and yes they did go in and out of the attic to work,a warm moment almost as pleasing as learning you just inherited a social disease, But not only the anal customer is your friend,You just learned that you are the 3rd appointment, the past two were missed, On A Prem tech Chessboard that spells checkmate! now when Uverse is not registering or there are errors, I reach out to The Gods Of Tier II, After The Bla Bla Bla On Hold And Prompting And Ack'g Of This Call being recorded For Quality Assurance I Get to talk to "John" And tells Me After hearing my symptoms of error, tells Me AWESOME!He will be more than glad to help me with That concern? WHAT!,You Phoney insensitive bastard Idiot...I am A PT I work for this company dont treat me like a Simple Minded Customer, Give me some preferental treatment here I am An Employee! At this point overworked, hungary and tired In desperate need of help, But at least they ask If They met My Concerns, and is there anything else they can help me with? Yes You Can, Pencil in this address and call 911 for me.
the guy

Warsaw, NC

#1399 Jan 31, 2009
holy sh1t...i don't think i want to work for ATT now lol
Rico 357

Cleveland, OH

#1400 Jan 31, 2009
I just learned from one of my Union Directors that a prem-tech here in Cleveland was given a day off without pay for " slipping on the ice ! " at a customers home. The Company said he should have used an alternate entrance.I shudder to think of ever becoming a prem-tech after being in the core for so long.
Houstontech

Douglas, GA

#1401 Jan 31, 2009
as my supervisor told us yesterday...."ALL accidents are preventable"...even when someone else causes it and you are a helpless victim....ha ha ha ha ha

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dallas Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Dallas Fort Worth 2 hr John 2
News Texas' battle over teaching evolution comes dow... 3 hr Honest 9
kinfolk mc member a snitch! 4 hr Real ride or die 6
Ed Taiwo Continental Parts Company 7 hr The Owls 4
Black Thug Watch. Name the black thug criminals... 21 hr Gov Jerry Brown 15
News Blockbuster to close McKinney distribution cent... (Mar '12) 22 hr WarForOil 17
Word Game (Nov '12) 22 hr _Zoey_ 181

Dallas Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Dallas Mortgages