AT&T Premises Technician Pay?...
OPT GA

Atlanta, GA

#103 Feb 7, 2008
Well, actually stumbled onto this forum, so I thought Id put in my 2 cents. Recently started with at&t here in GA. and the prem tech was an avail job, however I went with Outside Plant Technician for the lightspeed project(U-Verse). 1st day at workcenter got a visit from the CWA union rep and Im not sure about everywhere else but in GA he said the Prem tech was NOT a union position. Too many stipulations from the company caused them to reject the job title from membership. Also the pay is quite low but I suppose it is compareable with other TV/Entertainment installer jobs.

ckpg

Ionia, MI

#104 Feb 7, 2008
I was just offered the Prem Tech position and was told that it is a union job. Top pay for the position here is 16.76, which is nothing to sneeze at in Michigan's economy. I'll take what I can get.
MRCJ

Santa Ana, CA

#105 Feb 8, 2008
Well I just got hired as an AT&T premises tech and they started me at $16.50/hour or 663/ a week. Top pay is $800/ week. Im sorry to here the sad stories from you guys, but for me it seems like a very good opportunity and the pay is fine with me. My dad also has worked for AT&T for 30 years and it making $30/hour so im going to roll with this company and stick it out.$16.50/ hour starting out isnt bad for me, especially considering my other job was paying me 11.25, wish me luck, and sorry to here about you guys low pay =(
Im in california by the way, and they did say that premises tech is a union based job.
warning

Aurora, IL

#106 Feb 8, 2008
this job isnt what they tell you it is. first off we were told that there is no travel. huh then why are we being told on friday at 4pm that well be going to milwauke they short our checks and you have to fight to get your money. i have three kids and one on the way all i ask is for some notice so i could get a sitter because my seven month pregnent wife has to work cause these bastardss only pay 12.00 to start if you could seek employment elsewhere i would strongly recomend it cause att sticks it in your ass
OPT GA

Atlanta, GA

#107 Feb 9, 2008
$16.50per hr is good I guess but Im originally from California and that might as well be minimum wage considering the Sparklets water delivery guy was making 55-60k a year. Just check into other opportunities as top pay for me-an OPT is $1051 a week. Not bad in GA where the cost of living is alot lower than CA :)
RAM

Markham, IL

#108 Feb 11, 2008
Has anyone found any other blogs like this?
Poster

Round Lake, IL

#109 Feb 11, 2008
Poster

Round Lake, IL

#110 Feb 11, 2008
To anybody who already works the Premises Tech job-Do you get free phone or u-verse?
Cable guy

Silver Spring, MD

#111 Feb 12, 2008
That's a great question. What are the benefits like?
cdb

United States

#112 Feb 12, 2008
How long does it take for them to call for an offer?
DJF Chicago

Chicago, IL

#113 Feb 12, 2008
Poster wrote:
To anybody who already works the Premises Tech job-Do you get free phone or u-verse?
You will get a phone..but it is used for company use only..not for personal calls..if u make a personal call they will know..because the managers get a print out once a week..so the phone is only used to contact customers and contact management.. U-Verse isn't free for employees..You get 25% off the bill
DJF Chicago

Chicago, IL

#114 Feb 12, 2008
cdb wrote:
How long does it take for them to call for an offer?
Some Techs waited a month for a call with an offer..Some Techs like in my case it took a week for a call with an offer
alicia

Naperville, IL

#115 Feb 13, 2008
can someone tell me wat premises techs are suppose to know....im doing some research and i need information..
Switch

Chicago, IL

#116 Feb 13, 2008
I passed all the test and I'm supposed to start Friday for my initiation and then 7 weeks of training. They told me in the interview that it's 7-14 weeks "classroom" and ten 7-14 weeks "on the job" training. I was a subcontractor for Comcast and I am taking a PAY cut. Hopefully it will work out in the long run. As for doing 2 installs a day, that's nothing! Comcast subs are expected to do at least 4 installs. If you get 3 triple plays your off easy. Of course all jobs are different. If all your jobs are new drops/new wiring/wall fish/new outlets thats another story.
Poster

Round Lake, IL

#117 Feb 14, 2008
I just passed my tests for Premises Tech and they said I scored high enough on the Technical Mechanical Test TMT-F to qualify for the Cable Splicer Journeyman position.
Can anyone tell me SPECIFICALLY (other than what's in the job ad/description)what this job entails?
I am a female and am worried about the 100# lifting/moving requirement.
Thanks.
CJB

Lewisville, TX

#118 Feb 14, 2008
Not to mention the outside only, pole climbing requirement. I'm not employed there, but I applied as well...

“RecruiterGuy”

Since: Jan 08

Dallas, TX

#119 Feb 14, 2008
Just wanted to stop back in and check this thread... I will tell you that of the 20+ that I have helped over the last week we've been able to make at least 5 job offers with quite a few people still scheduled for testing!

Way to go on your test results, Poster - there were a few of you that did the same thing and are weighing options they didn't think they'd have. Great stuff!

I got your email and will follow up with you tomorrow also. The same goes for the others that are silent on the boards but great about the emails and that sent a few questions about the items I sent them to help out...

Again - my email door is always open to anyone that wants any help. I don't stop in here very often but Poster's last email caused me to come check in and I'm glad I did.

RecruiterGuy at google email.

Ch.
Poster

Round Lake, IL

#120 Feb 14, 2008
Yes, again, thank you RecruiterGuy for all your help!! You answered my emails almost immediately and
helped get me into testing without the wait. I await your answers also to my new questions.

Thank you.
CJB

Lewisville, TX

#121 Feb 15, 2008
He is pretty helpful...
Anthony

Chicago, IL

#122 Feb 15, 2008
I went for the PREMISE TECH TEST last Friday...1 week ago. I was one of the 10 people that did not need to take the other test..we just took a 10 min Computer Skill Test..and thats it.. After that we went for the interview. Boy the Interview was long. The interviewer said..I would be responsible for splicing fiber optic lines..but she didnt tell me the position name,,,She told me she didnt know when HR will call..I thought that was the end of it..Well..still waiting for them to call..its already a week...If nothing in 2 weeks...I guess back to good old COMCAST.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dallas Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Guess what Texas city was just named 2nd best p... Wed Jack D Ripper 2
Founding fathers ! Number 5 is my daddy ! Wed Dhls 1
Hey g hw bush i miss ronald reagan ! Palladion ! Wed Cia 2
Roseville g .w.bush .alano club there lock him ... Wed Cia 1
Is it 4 or 3 reagans ! Wed Fbi 1
George and bill its ronald reagan ! Wed Cowboysjones 2
Something in the way mr .jones ! Cowboys owner ... Wed Cowboysjones 5

Dallas Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance