Huntington Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2008

MMac wrote:
I start in a week as a Prem Tech in Dallas. Besides getting something that is comfortable, does anyone have a recommendation on boots (brand, style, features)? The info sheet I received only says heavy leather, ankle high, and a 90* block heel between 1/2" - 1 1/2". Do we have a choice on things like steel toe/non-steel toe, pull on/lace up, ATSM electrical hazard, etc.?
Thanks for your input.
Red Wings brand is considered by many to be the standard for comfort & quality. If you can't afford them, get some throw away wal mart work boots. Steel toe is not required, get the 1/2" heel, if you do go into a Red Wings store & tell them your gonna be a Tech for ATT they will try to talk you into the high heel boots required for pole climbing, don't bother unless you have a Napoleon complex, hehe. Lace up or we will laugh at you. Congratulations on your appointment & best of luck. Here's a link http://www.redwingshoes.com/productdetails.as...

Since: Oct 08

Bradenton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2008

qmc wrote:
<quoted text>
How long did it take you to get hired from the time when you applied?
Thanks!
Hello QMC,
Any news about the Palm Bay Prem Tech position? I have not received any updates.
Dohc

Pompano Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2008

So I applied half a year ago at Comcast and AT&T for these entry tech. positions in SE Florida and got through everything fine, tests, interviews, backgrounds, but no job offer.

I don't understand why they would not order a drug test?

It's impossible to contact anyone and I have bills to pay.:-(

Since: Nov 08

El Paso, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2008

Thanks to F- 2 Conditioner and nobody_me for your replies, both very helpful.

I have looked at both Red Wings and Justin. I don't mind shelling out a little money on boots b/c the added comfort and durability pays for itself.
Term Splicer

Bolingbrook, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2008

Does anybody happen to know at this point what the company's plans are to do with the remaining Term Splicing (F2 Conditioner) technicians in the Chicago area? After the last 3 work-completes here, there are approximately 115 terms left (40 that were moved into First Mile crews and 75 moved into I&R positions) and everybody here is waiting for the axe. The last work complete was on Nov 7th, so we are figuring that we wont be far behind them.
climber

Sacramento, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2008

hey MMac, look for Wesco boots or Whites. top quality and you get them rebuilt when they are wore out, try Farwest line specialties or polecat lineman supply. Hey Term Splicer, whats the union saying on your end in the Chicago area? Still waiting to start our First Mile project here in California. One guy i know has been hired since June for this thing and AT&T keeps delaying the start date!

Bolingbrook, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2008

Climber, IBEW isn't saying anything except that the company states that we are at the headcount needed at this time. The problem is that they said this one week before the last work-completes. As for FM operations, these guys have no idea what they are doing (management). We moved to the group in July and we just got the official word on how they want us organizing the work packages that come over. We were told that it is up and running in Cali and working out. My crew had a lot of complaints about the way this was going and they told us that Cali and Texas had its groups up and running successfully. Now we just don't know if we are next be completed.

Bolingbrook, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2008

Climber, so is your buddy being hired off the street for the FM position?

Bolingbrook, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2008

MMac, I love my Redwing Loggers. The Wesco's were not very comfortable to me, thats not to say they wont work for you though. Ive had my Redwings for 5 years now and they get better with age.
nate

Fernandina Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2008

Mor2me wrote:
because
hey Mor2Me, do you know ny more about this job in jacksonville? i just got offered to take the tests
F- 2 Conditioner

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2008

they generally work complete at the end of every month....the f-2 cond didnt go as planed because the prints are seldomlyy accurate.....no to menton that were were nearing the top out pay scalt so the work was no li\omger cheap....iam now wondering what they will do with the u-verse tecks in the state of mi
nate

Fernandina Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2008

was wondering if anyone knew much about the prem tech in jax, fl area...
Tip Ring

Michigan City, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2008

Term Splicer wrote:
Does anybody happen to know at this point what the company's plans are to do with the remaining Term Splicing (F2 Conditioner) technicians in the Chicago area? After the last 3 work-completes here, there are approximately 115 terms left (40 that were moved into First Mile crews and 75 moved into I&R positions) and everybody here is waiting for the axe. The last work complete was on Nov 7th, so we are figuring that we wont be far behind them.
I heard everyone with the last name term will be cut by the end of the year. I called the union hotline any it said they just cut some out of i&r. I got cut oct.31,worked out of 89th and state. I heard they might offer some prem tech. positions and next year they will hand pick who they will call back.
waterworks

Orange Park, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2008

nate wrote:
was wondering if anyone knew much about the prem tech in jax, fl area...
I just got this the other day

Thank you for expressing interest in the position of AT&T Premises Technician - Jacksonville, FL-0804334. At the present time, this requisition has been cancelled.
Colin

Hialeah, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2008

I was recently contacted to take the Technical/Mechanical Test Field II.Is there any place i can get more question or senerios related to the test
legionx

New Smyrna Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2008

Colin wrote:
I was recently contacted to take the Technical/Mechanical Test Field II.Is there any place i can get more question or senerios related to the test
Nope. None that I am aware of unless you are an employee at att. However i passed a few days ago by answering the questions that i understood as acurately as possible and the ones I do not have a clue about, i put an answer. There was a lot of questions I did not know in that tmtf and there were some common sense questions that you should not get wrong. so now i keep applying to other jobs as well and which ever comes first will take care of my bills...

Bolingbrook, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2008

Tip Ring, did you know a term named Craig that had also come over there from Indiana?
pls

Columbia, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2008

pls (project lost sheep)
Chance

Porter, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2008

I just took the Technical/Mechnical, basic comp skills, and customer service test earlier this week. I thought the test were fairly easy, but all the things you have to go through to get this low paying job is a joke. I'm just hopeing I can get in, learn some things and either try and move up ASAP to get a better paying position, or take the skills I've learned and apply them elsewhere to make better money. Every company wants experience and I really have none in this field. So I'm basically take this as a learning experiance so I can get a decent paying job somewhere down the road.
climber

Sacramento, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2008

Term Splicer, we are all waiting for First Mile to start. My buddy was hired for the FM project in June of this year, keep pushing his start date back. I was work completed in August this year on Lightspeed as a lineman. Got hired on for a splicer in October, gave a start date of November 3rd, got called 2 business days before and told the project was delayed. End of the year budget. Oh yeah, FM hasnt started at all. Talked to the second line running the show here in Cali, managers in place, no workers doing the work! We still have some Lightspeed term splicers here working, for how long we dont know. Union is not doing sh@t here, just taking the dues out of checks. The local here is selling out terms for perm benefits.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1,161 - 1,180 of7,815
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••

Air Quality Alert for Dallas County was issued at July 22 at 3:10PM CDT

•••
•••

Dallas News Video

•••
Dallas Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Dallas Jobs

•••