AT&T Premises Technician Pay?...

Since: Apr 13

Houston, TX

#6881 May 20, 2013
Hotel you just check in right? No hassle no money?

Since: Mar 13

Port Saint Lucie, FL

#6882 May 20, 2013
Galt76 wrote:
<quoted text>
No. Today's class...
Please let me know how it is , I'm looking forward to Monday.
Harp

Seabrook, TX

#6883 May 20, 2013
Moe Tech wrote:
<quoted text>
They will basically give you the highlights and the lowlights of the job, a chance for you to think do I really want this job. After that they will ask you four questions which I believe someone posted on page 333 or 332. Go ahead and think through your answers on those ahead of time and you will do fine.
Thanks got the email today for my RJP scheduled Thursday. So applied on May 1 got assessment appt on May 11 and now RJP on May 23.

Since: Apr 13

Clinton, MS

#6884 May 21, 2013
I'm at training now on my second day of pole climbing instructors are way cool they will push you it's real hard to fail out of this portion
Qball0902

Oklahoma City, OK

#6885 May 21, 2013
Tyronewiretech wrote:
Hotel you just check in right? No hassle no money?
they pay for hotel, u pay gas and food but they pay u back. 30 bucks a day for lunch and dinner. Hotel has free breakfast.
Galt76

Hollywood, FL

#6886 May 21, 2013
Sweetdiqjones wrote:
<quoted text>
Please let me know how it is , I'm looking forward to Monday.
Well...got rained out. So no climbing. All textbook 1st day. Instructors are great. 30+ years experience each. Know their shit. Sunny now. Maybe some climbing today. FYI: Thought was only here for Orientation yesterday.... Ha! Class started right after. 2 hours Orientation + Class 3 to midnight = 11 hours. Boy were we tired!

Port Saint Lucie, FL

#6887 May 21, 2013
Galt76 wrote:
<quoted text>
Well...got rained out. So no climbing. All textbook 1st day. Instructors are great. 30+ years experience each. Know their shit. Sunny now. Maybe some climbing today. FYI: Thought was only here for Orientation yesterday.... Ha! Class started right after. 2 hours Orientation + Class 3 to midnight = 11 hours. Boy were we tired!
That sounds excellent! At least I know what to expect now. i would imagine that the regular schedule will be 3-12 for the entire 2month training. I'm looking forward to starting I was originally supposed to be in the May 20 class but i got pushed back to the 27th. By any chance do you recall them making any mention about the ability to do ride alongs while in training and or eligibility for holiday pay with memorial day and independence day looming ahead?

Port Saint Lucie, FL

#6888 May 21, 2013
Galt76 wrote:
<quoted text>
oh and one last thing lol....do they take your picture there or do you need to bring one for your badge?
Galt76

Hollywood, FL

#6889 May 21, 2013
Sweetdiqjones wrote:
<quoted text>
That sounds excellent! At least I know what to expect now. i would imagine that the regular schedule will be 3-12 for the entire 2month training. I'm looking forward to starting I was originally supposed to be in the May 20 class but i got pushed back to the 27th. By any chance do you recall them making any mention about the ability to do ride alongs while in training and or eligibility for holiday pay with memorial day and independence day looming ahead?
Not all 3-12. Actually, it's only week one. The other 7 weeks you are doing morning hours. Ride alongs are the entirety of week #4... I think there's another week also. Have check the schedule. There's an AM pole climbing class too. So your whole training may be AM hours...
Galt76

Hollywood, FL

#6890 May 21, 2013
Sweetdiqjones wrote:
<quoted text>
oh and one last thing lol....do they take your picture there or do you need to bring one for your badge?
They snap your pic the first hour you're here. Also, don't try to enter building on the streetside entrance. Use the east side of building.
Anonymous

Marietta, GA

#6891 May 21, 2013
Got my offer today and accepted, total time from application to offer was 5 weeks.
Tfam12

Houston, TX

#6892 May 22, 2013
Can anyone recall approximately how long the background check process actually took...i accepted conditional job offer now I'm just waiting for background check
Rancho

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

#6893 May 22, 2013
Does anyone know what the pay ranges for a Wireless Technician in Southern California are? Also a better job description?

Thanks
Milwaukee PT

Waukesha, WI

#6894 May 22, 2013
The wireless tech position is part of ATT mobility not uverse.

I suspect this job is still part of project VIP (same plan that is expanding uverse and creating cable splicers and more Prem tech jobs)

The mobility union contract was completed in Feb 2013 and offers the following for wages as a wireless tech http://www.scribd.com/mobile/doc/129333143/em...
Min pay is $720 ($18/hr, 13 steps(6.5 years) to max . Current Max for 2013 is $1447.59 ($36.19). The current union contract expires Feb. 2016 and top pay would be $1562.50 (39.06)

Is this being listed as a temp position like splicers, or regular full time like Prem tech. Hope this helps but again not a part of uverse Prem tech/wire tech discussion.
Rancho

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

#6895 May 22, 2013
Milwaukee PT wrote:
I suspect this job is still part of project VIP (same plan that is expanding uverse and creating cable splicers and more Prem tech jobs)
The mobility union contract was completed in Feb 2013 and offers the following for wages as a wireless tech http://www.scribd.com/mobile/doc/129333143/em...
Min pay is $720 ($18/hr, 13 steps(6.5 years) to max . Current Max for 2013 is $1447.59 ($36.19). The current union contract expires Feb. 2016 and top pay would be $1562.50 (39.06)
Is this being listed as a temp position like splicers, or regular full time like Prem tech. Hope this helps but again not a part of uverse Prem tech/wire tech discussion.
It's being listed as regular full-time.
Galt76

Hollywood, FL

#6896 May 22, 2013
Milwaukee PT wrote:
Can one migrate from wire tech over to wireless down the road?
Milwaukee PT

Waukesha, WI

#6897 May 22, 2013
More general info wireless VIP announcement http://www.att.com/gen-mobile/press-room...

A thread on possible small cell http://www.dslreports.com/forum/r28209143-new...

Wireless tech would probably be responsible for installation of small cell and macro cell towers, upkeep and maintenance . Over the next 3 years ATT has stated they will spend 8 billion dollars to improve the LTE network, this is definately the bread and butter part of the business and if I could I would make the move to mobility.

As a Prem tech you need 30 months (2.5 years from start date) before eligible for a title transfer ( company needs to recoup their training cost before training you for another position) currently over a year and half with the company still some time to go. Advantages included higher higher start and ending pay, suspect not the same number matrix as uverse. Disadvantage is on call, amount of increased travel (state or region vs local) and time away from home. With uverse when you are off your off (no pager requirement), set days of work (wireless if issues may be required to work off days and stay till relieved or issue resolve) More pressure (stress) as cell phones go down for a community is far greater than a single customer loss of TV and/or internet.

Port Saint Lucie, FL

#6898 May 22, 2013
Tfam12 wrote:
Can anyone recall approximately how long the background check process actually took...i accepted conditional job offer now I'm just waiting for background check
this is my info from start to finish that I posted last month hope it helps:
Ok so I got the phone call on friday and I was officially offered the job. Despite all the negativity that I've been reading lately I am pretty excited because I'm leaving law enforcement for good. So here is my timeline for everyone who is playing the waiting game.

2/13/13- Application done online at att.com
2/19/13- took and passed the computer assessment at person cue
2/27/13- participated in the RJP and passed the PAT assessment
3/10/13- got the call from staffing to set up my physical and drug test
3/13/13- took and passed the physical and drug test
3/19/13- received HireRight email and filled out background info
3/27/13- got the call confirming that I passed the background and was informed that my wage credits needed to be calculated
4/12/13- go the call that I was all set to start training on May 20 2013 and my wage credit was approved because of my Associate degree which dropped me right in the middle of the scale at $599/ week.

I'm looking forward to this and I know that all jobs have their downsides but I think ATT will be a bit better than tackling/fighting wild inmates covered in feces.....but hey that's just my humble opinion. One last thing that crossed my mind is that if work was supposed to be fun all the time it would be referred to as "play" and there would be no need for days off and vacations .....
Galt76

Hollywood, FL

#6899 May 22, 2013
Sweetdiqjones wrote:
<quoted text>
this is my info from start to finish that I posted last month hope it helps:
Ok so I got the phone call on friday and I was officially offered the job. Despite all the negativity that I've been reading lately I am pretty excited because I'm leaving law enforcement for good. So here is my timeline for everyone who is playing the waiting game.
2/13/13- Application done online at att.com
2/19/13- took and passed the computer assessment at person cue
2/27/13- participated in the RJP and passed the PAT assessment
3/10/13- got the call from staffing to set up my physical and drug test
3/13/13- took and passed the physical and drug test
3/19/13- received HireRight email and filled out background info
3/27/13- got the call confirming that I passed the background and was informed that my wage credits needed to be calculated
4/12/13- go the call that I was all set to start training on May 20 2013 and my wage credit was approved because of my Associate degree which dropped me right in the middle of the scale at $599/ week.
I'm looking forward to this and I know that all jobs have their downsides but I think ATT will be a bit better than tackling/fighting wild inmates covered in feces.....but hey that's just my humble opinion. One last thing that crossed my mind is that if work was supposed to be fun all the time it would be referred to as "play" and there would be no need for days off and vacations .....
LMAO! Yeah, I definitely don't miss living with those kind of inmates. Gotta love AT&T...they got love for all of us....from ex-cons to ex-guards! Well, I can tell you that pole climbing will make you sore as shit! And bruise you up...not to mention a blister here and there. Can't wait until week 1 is over...
Harp

Seabrook, TX

#6900 May 22, 2013
Galt76 wrote:
<quoted text>
After RJP presentation and the 4 question interview immediately thereafter, you wait on HR to contact you. Every move with the recruiters is a one to two week lag time.
OK so its just a video presentation and 1 on 1 consisting of 4 questions? Or is their a test on top of that? Got my RJP and Interview tomorrow afternoon just want to be prepared. Also on your responses to the 4 questions did you go short and sweet or in depth?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dallas Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
joshua wayne bevill (Oct '10) 8 hr Big Tex 47
Pizza Hut Needs to get back with online Applicants 9 hr Wow 18
Election Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) Fri Farting 945
What Rick Perry Won't Tell You Fri Legal Worker 1
Add A Word Drop A Word (Nov '12) Fri Pennie Lane 1,276
Election Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) Thu Farting 766
anyone in Dallas looking to help people Jul 29 kimbo263 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Dallas Mortgages