AT&T Premises Technician Pay?...
techy

San Antonio, TX

#6322 Nov 1, 2012
can somebody tell me what a systems technician does, i was sent this position matching my profile here in south tx.
junk yrd dowgs

Los Angeles, CA

#6323 Nov 3, 2012
los angeles tech wrote:
and all eyes are on Daly yard..they have 70 plus techs..and they joined us all those walk outs..
Dont know why we did not stand together and shut down the house
Slick Rick

United States

#6324 Nov 4, 2012
techy wrote:
can somebody tell me what a systems technician does, i was sent this position matching my profile here in south tx.
Systems technician works on special circuit phone lines for business customers. Example: T1, DS3, fiber multiplexers, ISDN.
Angelo

Fresno, CA

#6325 Nov 5, 2012
Whats up guys. I just finish taking the test last week In Fresno, California(Technical Mechanical Test Field II assessment). At first I was worried about the test. But lets just say, it was really easy, but some were struggling during the test. 50 questions in 50 mins, I finished it in about 35 mins or so. Enough time to re-check and re-check my answers again. It was a room about 56 Candidates, and only 15 (give or take)including me were "Qualified" as they said. This was on Nov 1st. They said they would email to schedule the RJP & PTA after a week or so.

My question is. What will they ask me specifically on the PTA? What were some of the questions the HR interviewer asked you guys, when you all went through this process. And will it really take a week to sched the RJP & PTA? Thank for the help PT's
Johnny

United States

#6326 Nov 10, 2012
Pair changer wrote:
Could every one on this site post accurate top out pays for the different states you work in across the country? This would be useful info in contract negotions here. As mentioned above we only top out at a max of $17.48 here in Georgia. Thanks.
Top pay in Connecticut is 23 an hour
bad

Lodi, CA

#6327 Nov 10, 2012
22.30 in cali
Top Dog

Mooresville, NC

#6328 Nov 12, 2012
To all of you thinking about being a Prem Tech, the worst thing you can do is read the majority of this forum post about the job. I did the same thing and nearly quit the job before working my first day. The job is what you make it! Sure you have supervisors that suck at being a supervisor but for the most part you only see them for 15 minutes in the morning then the rest of the day, you're basically on your own.

If you do crappy work then you will make a name for yourself and any tech who goes behind you will give you a repeat just because you do crappy work. If you take some kind of pride in your work you will do just fine. Just make sure to stay compliant with testing and making numbers for the month which is not really that hard to accomplish once you get a system for doing things.

Prem Tech Charlotte, NC Hired 7-1-2011
New Orlando PT

United States

#6329 Nov 12, 2012
15.00 an hour in FL.
kiko174

Orlando, FL

#6330 Nov 13, 2012
Top Dog wrote:
To all of you thinking about being a Prem Tech, the worst thing you can do is read the majority of this forum post about the job. I did the same thing and nearly quit the job before working my first day. The job is what you make it! Sure you have supervisors that suck at being a supervisor but for the most part you only see them for 15 minutes in the morning then the rest of the day, you're basically on your own.
If you do crappy work then you will make a name for yourself and any tech who goes behind you will give you a repeat just because you do crappy work. If you take some kind of pride in your work you will do just fine. Just make sure to stay compliant with testing and making numbers for the month which is not really that hard to accomplish once you get a system for doing things.
Prem Tech Charlotte, NC Hired 7-1-2011
Thank you for this posting, what should i really expect from the training and the first weeks, I will start on next month in Orlando and event tought they don paid hre in FL as much as other states. Is all about the benefits, job security in a well build company
Angelo

Fresno, CA

#6331 Nov 13, 2012
What will they ask me specifically on the PTA? What were some of the questions the HR interviewer asked you guys, when you all went through this process. And will it really take a week to sched the RJP & PTA? Thank for the help PT's
anon

San Antonio, TX

#6332 Nov 14, 2012
Baptized Shall Be Saved

If you are a Christian tell us how you show your love for God.

Mark, Chapter 16
16: He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.
17: And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues;
18: They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover.

John, Chapter 14
12: Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father.

Are you ready to walk away from your life and all your possessions and become a disciple of the Lord Jesus the Christ?

I am looking for anyone who is willing to try to become a disciple of the Lord Jesus the Christ.

And to forsake all they have and their life and obey all the commandments of the Lord Jesus the Christ.

To live for God and God only every day all day long, day after day.

And to become born again, baptized by the Spirit of the Lord to be lead by the Spirit to

be Holy unto the Lord in word and deed.

Are you ready to become a disciple of the Lord

Jesus the Christ?

If you need any help you can correspond with me at

[email protected]
Top Dog

Mooresville, NC

#6333 Nov 14, 2012
kiko174 wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you for this posting, what should i really expect from the training and the first weeks, I will start on next month in Orlando and event tought they don paid hre in FL as much as other states. Is all about the benefits, job security in a well build company
The training has changed since the time I started. The training you guys will now be receiving will be more in line what the job is all about. They have basically stopped with all the fluff and started really training guys on the things they will see in the field.

As far as pay and benefits...they will be alot better when this new tentative agreement gets passed. We wont be getting paid as much as I believe we should make but it's better than what we are currently making. As far as job security, if this new tentative agreement gets passed, service techs WILL be able to bump prem tech and fill empty prem tech job vacancies.

You can read more about this contract via this website http://district3.cwa-union.org ..be sure to read the news to kind of get a feel on how this agreement came about. Hope that helps!
Top Dog

Mooresville, NC

#6334 Nov 14, 2012
Angelo wrote:
What will they ask me specifically on the PTA? What were some of the questions the HR interviewer asked you guys, when you all went through this process. And will it really take a week to sched the RJP & PTA? Thank for the help PT's
When I did it, they just had 3 people in my group and we just shared some of our background and what kind of jobs we had in the pass. My interview went very smooth, but that could also be that we was kind of rushed into training. From what I hear they are doing the interviews differently now and have Uverse managers giving the interviews.
Angelo

Fresno, CA

#6335 Nov 14, 2012
Top Dog wrote:
<quoted text>
When I did it, they just had 3 people in my group and we just shared some of our background and what kind of jobs we had in the pass. My interview went very smooth, but that could also be that we was kind of rushed into training. From what I hear they are doing the interviews differently now and have Uverse managers giving the interviews.
top dog. so youre saying the pta is a group interview? theyre not one on one? what is thw interview focused on? Customer service or Experience? thanks
los angeles tech

Los Angeles, CA

#6336 Nov 17, 2012
friends..pta is one on one interview..they will ask you about 5 questions..my qustions were; 1.tell me about your back ground, 2 what do you do with irated customer. 3.tell me about a hardest job you did.....
Interviwer doesnt have power to hire/fire you..they(usually premtech mgr)will right down everything you say and send it to HR
Angelo

Fresno, CA

#6337 Nov 17, 2012
los angeles tech wrote:
friends..pta is one on one interview..they will ask you about 5 questions..my qustions were; 1.tell me about your back ground, 2 what do you do with irated customer. 3.tell me about a hardest job you did.....
Interviwer doesnt have power to hire/fire you..they(usually premtech mgr)will right down everything you say and send it to HR
Thanks Los Angeles tech. Also how long did it take you to get scheduled for the RJP/PTA. I took the PT mech test II on nov 1. And they still havent emailed me to take the PTA/RJP. They said to wait for an email. Do they usually take this long? Thanks LA tech.
KCC

East Tulare County, CA

#6338 Nov 17, 2012
Angelo, a bunch of us (40 at least) already had our RJP and PTA for the Fresno positions. You positive you passed the test?

I had my RJP and PTA on the 13th, while another 20 guy's were going for their test the next day.
tech wannabe

Tulare, CA

#6339 Nov 18, 2012
La tech
Whats it like working in la garage? is it really as bad as everyones saying
Angelo

Fresno, CA

#6340 Nov 18, 2012
tech wannabe wrote:
La tech
Whats it like working in la garage? is it really as bad as everyones saying
Ya, I'm pretty sure. Did they call you to schedule it or did they email you?. Because they told us in the group that they would email us. When did you take your test mech test? I took mine on the 1st of Nov. I guess they only told the ones more qualified? haha :S
Angelo

Fresno, CA

#6341 Nov 18, 2012
KCC wrote:
Angelo, a bunch of us (40 at least) already had our RJP and PTA for the Fresno positions. You positive you passed the test?
I had my RJP and PTA on the 13th, while another 20 guy's were going for their test the next day.
Ya, I'm pretty sure. Did they call you to schedule it or did they email you?. Because they told us in the group that they would email us. When did you take your test mech test? I took mine on the 1st of Nov. I guess they only told the ones more qualified? haha :S

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dallas Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Add A Word Drop A Word (Nov '12) 3 hr GEORGIA 1,436
Change A Letter Game (Nov '12) 3 hr _Zoey_ 1,037
Music Thread (Dec '12) Sun Mack 51
Ed Taiwo from Continental Parts Sun Dave Mason 1
Stop the Illegal Alien Pope Train Sun WarForOil 32
Eddie Davis - MAB REALTY (Jun '09) Sun Upset customer 15
Ted Cruz should run as a Third Party candidate! Sun Reichsfuhrer von ... 6
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Dallas Mortgages