AT&T Premises Technician Pay?...
Southeast Prem Tech

Jacksonville, FL

#6195 Aug 18, 2012
We are an appendage of the core contract. Sounds like we get screwed the same as everyone else. We don't get anything that st or opt has in the core. St are guaranteed no layoffs for 1 year then its opean season on the wire techs. So they can take our jobs and keep all their pay and benefits that come with core for 3yrs.
Eddie

Louisville, KY

#6196 Aug 19, 2012
Frito2anywhere wrote:
Is anyone in here familiar w/ the telecommunication technician field or know about a AT&T position called a "Premises Technician"? I JUST TOOK THIS HARD ASS TEST for this position and they would even disclose the salary. The test was like 30-40 outta 60(read the paragraph that explains a diagram, than answer 2-3) questions(relating to the type of work you would be doing if hired)in 60 min...WTF!!
I work for ATT. I am not a field tech, I am a MA I dont have to go outside just all behind computers my pay 26 dollars n hour. 1040 a week. is better if you get a inside job.
Pairchanger

The Rock, GA

#6198 Aug 20, 2012
Southeast Prem Tech wrote:
<quoted text>
Southeast prem tech/wire tech top pay will be 20.56 garenteed a job for 1 year then will be bumped and jobless
no the bottom 12% which is like 1 guy in a 12 or 2 guys in a 24 person workgroup.. as it is now the core should be worried.
dallastx

Houston, TX

#6199 Aug 20, 2012
all i can say is they will call it took almost three months before they called back . i start sep 7 . give u a time line may 26 took the att premise tech june 4 rjp aug 12 drug testbackground just confirmed today on job offer ots long but worth it . all i want knoe is the pay weekly???? in dallas plz having a newborn so gotta get wages together
Southeast Prem Tech

Jacksonville, FL

#6200 Aug 21, 2012
Pairchanger wrote:
<quoted text>no the bottom 12% which is like 1 guy in a 12 or 2 guys in a 24 person workgroup.. as it is now the core should be worried.
Opt can bump up to 12% core employees. Prem tech/wire tech will not be considered core. That covers the ST that have already bumped wire techs.
SouthEast PT

Palm Coast, FL

#6202 Aug 22, 2012
Another thing about that crap tech taking about ST prem Techs will be getting 34/hr, get your hands on our contract..we, the ones who been here a while are already topped out at $17.48/hr and we will not be getting the top 20/hr if I say IF (most unlikely) this contract flies. we will be getting a cheap bonus 1350 one time then a raise of .40 cents PER YEAR or 2.25% every 6 months until we reach that 20 dollars. So go check your facts again.It will be a really long time before we get to 20/hr with this new contract. Apparently these lies are getting to our own prem techs in SE. Those we have been here less than a year will actually get a pay cut because like I said the starting wages of Wire Tech is 8.75/hour.
old vet

Hollywood, FL

#6203 Aug 25, 2012
SouthEast PT wrote:
Another thing about that crap tech taking about ST prem Techs will be getting 34/hr, get your hands on our contract..we, the ones who been here a while are already topped out at $17.48/hr and we will not be getting the top 20/hr if I say IF (most unlikely) this contract flies. we will be getting a cheap bonus 1350 one time then a raise of .40 cents PER YEAR or 2.25% every 6 months until we reach that 20 dollars. So go check your facts again.It will be a really long time before we get to 20/hr with this new contract. Apparently these lies are getting to our own prem techs in SE. Those we have been here less than a year will actually get a pay cut because like I said the starting wages of Wire Tech is 8.75/hour.
You won't get a pay cut. You will retain your pay at wherever you are and possibly get a small raise if any, but not a reduction.
FamilyGuyTX

Desoto, TX

#6204 Aug 25, 2012
dallastx wrote:
all i can say is they will call it took almost three months before they called back . i start sep 7 . give u a time line may 26 took the att premise tech june 4 rjp aug 12 drug testbackground just confirmed today on job offer ots long but worth it . all i want knoe is the pay weekly???? in dallas plz having a newborn so gotta get wages together
They didn't tell you your hourly rate? I just started in Fort Worth at top starting pay which is $16.71/hour here in Dallas/Fort Worth. The lowest I think they start new Prem Techs here right now is $13.58, I know this because a guy I was just in training with was making that rate.
On another note, here in the Dallas area they just started not allowing guys to work extra days, which is probably unheard of for the veteran PTs. Word has it that the area 4th line manager laid this law down because they've hired sooo many new guys in the last year out here. Even with that I just started out on my own dispatches and I'm working on average about 10.5 hours a day, which still makes for a pretty good check. Top pay out here is $20.65. Good luck with the job and your newborn dude, I got one coming soon as well.
moe

United States

#6205 Aug 26, 2012
Does anyone know whats the starting pay for a premises technician in georgia?
Uriah7

Conyers, GA

#6206 Aug 27, 2012
I have a RJP scheduled this Wed., Aug 29th. Is there any ATLANTA, GA PTs on this post that can advise on this area. I live on the east side & would want a garage on that side of the city. Also, what's the status on home security. Thanks.

Since: Aug 12

Conyers, GA

#6207 Aug 27, 2012
moe wrote:
Does anyone know whats the starting pay for a premises technician in georgia?
AT&T staffing in Atlanta stated, "The weekly starting rate of pay for this position ranges from $360.00 up to $600.00. Actual starting wages are based on verifiable job related experience/education.
pairchanger

The Rock, GA

#6208 Aug 27, 2012
$9 an hour thats funny, I would rather live off the land in poverty than do this job at 9 an hour. Actually I think unemployment pays more or about the same.. thats $1.50 over minimum wage. Anyhew CWA fucked the premtech real good in this whole tentative agreement. They did no kind of bargaining for us whatsover and all their worried about is the core guys, trust me WE all know this CWA. I wouldnt expect many dues paying "WIRE TECHS" if this contract goes through. We outnumber ST's now so where's that gonna leave you???? EXACTLY !!!! Thanks for shit again CWA.
Mike81179

Concord, CA

#6209 Aug 28, 2012
Got my offer call today, did my drug screen and physical exam. Orientation on sept 21 San Rafael ca
chitown premtech

Chicago, IL

#6210 Aug 28, 2012
are you guys serious? 1. if u go to comcast you get paid 13.00 for like 5 years. every job u do with comcast is a repair. sometimes ur the 5th guy out there. customers give you so much shit u have no idea. 2. Directv sucks because their dishes are the size of a semitruck tire. try dealing with that all day. Raises suck too everything they install is subcontracted through DirectSat 3. Dish Network is by far the most racial motivated company ive seen. it sickens me even when i see a commercial. if your a minority the fartest you can move up is a supervisor, to manuver the cattle. they occasionaly have the token black guy but its rare. anything higher than that you better be white. you should see the dish network annual convention, its like a KKK meeting of nothing but GM's and IM's 4.AT&T is great compared to these companies. the union, well whats left of it, sucks big time. the union no longer can protect you in AT&T. and sure you have your old I&R piece of shit techs that always hate you doing their job. its understandable. i would be mad too. but you get a raise every 6 months, great vacation, nice hours, lots of overtime. you want to work well here it is. guess what, when they get rid of I&R in the next 2 years who are they going to ask for help? the premtech. i wish AT&T had a union. but we dont. the one we have right now is crumbling. the only thing they have done for us is "given weekends". and if you do work on weekends well "just JEP it"
new pt in miami

Miami, FL

#6211 Aug 29, 2012
Miami, FL position ranges from $520.00 up to $600.00. Thats $13-$15 per hr. I got offered $14.
LadyPT

United States

#6212 Aug 29, 2012
In NE Ohio,I passed the first test and had my interview. I am now waiting on a call. How long does it usually take to receive a call back? Also I was the only female in both testings..is this an ideal job for a female?
dallastx

Dallas, TX

#6213 Aug 29, 2012
Yea 17.01 family Guy how long is traning
Uriah7

Conyers, GA

#6214 Aug 29, 2012
Had my RJP this morning in Atlanta and already got an email from HR that I did not pass the Premises Technician Assessment. Are they only hiring experienced people from the cable and satellite companies? What the hell?

“Painting In The Dark”

Since: Aug 12

Havana, Cuba

#6215 Aug 29, 2012
Have you ever been to Dallas on a DC-9 at night?
junk yrd dowgs

United States

#6216 Aug 29, 2012
-Cultural Infidel- wrote:
Have you ever been to Dallas on a DC-9 at night?
what are u talking about

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dallas Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Five Texas schools land in top 25 of the best 1... 5 hr BumPhartz 8
News Dallas's Power Trip Return to Walters With a Ne... 9 hr Power Pharting 1
News Dallas doctor in botched surgeriesa Thu martyre92 2
Best Pizza in Dallas? The G.O.A.T. may be Loui... Thu martyre92 3
SHOCKING Reviews of Homeless Shelters in Dallas... (Feb '14) Thu martyre92 43
News The Pin Show Offered a Bounty of Dallas Fashion... Thu martyre92 1
News Park rangers keep an eye on Dallas parks Read S... Thu martyre92 1

Dallas Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance