AT&T Premises Technician Pay?...
ctman

Colchester, CT

#6135 Jul 19, 2012
PT Sacramento......ATT is hiring PT's in Hartford, Hamden, Waterbury, New Haven and Norwalk areas. check the ATT homepage for careers.
NetworkTech

Miami, FL

#6136 Jul 19, 2012
I'm taking my TECHNICAL/MECHANICAL field II test tomorrow. I'm curious to know how hard is it to go from a PT to a Level I Network Administrator? I have my CCENT and CCNA Cisco certifications would that help me out?
ex att guy

North Windham, CT

#6137 Jul 20, 2012
NetworkTech wrote:
I'm taking my TECHNICAL/MECHANICAL field II test tomorrow. I'm curious to know how hard is it to go from a PT to a Level I Network Administrator? I have my CCENT and CCNA Cisco certifications would that help me out?
while its not out of question transferring propably won't ever happen. very few prem techs ever get to transfer out of that position. if they're able to transfer or advance it would most likely be to a management position.if i remember correctly you need to work in the prem tech title for 36 months b4 you can even put in a bid for a different job(note this is for a cwa bargained area not down south where prem techs are not union). in all honesty the prem tech position is pretty much a dead end.
ctman

Colchester, CT

#6138 Jul 22, 2012
How much are the union dues in CT? Do they come out of your paycheck or do you have to mail it in to the union local which I think is the CWA.
ex att guy

Willimantic, CT

#6139 Jul 22, 2012
ctman wrote:
How much are the union dues in CT? Do they come out of your paycheck or do you have to mail it in to the union local which I think is the CWA.
ctman i don't exactly remember what the dues are since its been about 1.5yrs since i left at&t. they are deducted from your bi-weekly paycheck automatically, no need to send in a payment. please remember that at&t is only good for a paycheck these days not a career like it used to be. did you get hired as a prem tech yet? good luck
Steven

Enid, OK

#6140 Jul 22, 2012
Union dues are about 2.25%.
junk yrd dowgs

United States

#6141 Jul 22, 2012
Comes directly out of pay check after sighning enrolment
junk yrd dowgs

Van Nuys, CA

#6142 Jul 22, 2012
Whats the unions contract stragety los angeles locations west ???? Any knowledge out there
Network Tech

Miami, FL

#6143 Jul 22, 2012
ex att guy wrote:
<quoted text>
while its not out of question transferring propably won't ever happen. very few prem techs ever get to transfer out of that position. if they're able to transfer or advance it would most likely be to a management position.if i remember correctly you need to work in the prem tech title for 36 months b4 you can even put in a bid for a different job(note this is for a cwa bargained area not down south where prem techs are not union). in all honesty the prem tech position is pretty much a dead end.
I Qualified but I also applied for the Level I Network Administrator position, hopefully I'll get a test voucher for that position. I would definitely take that job over the prem tech position. Fingers crossed!!!
junk yrd dowgs

United States

#6144 Jul 24, 2012
Test
junk yrd dowgs

United States

#6145 Jul 24, 2012
I am prim tech los angeles managment informed of 25 open ir tech positions for prim techs to transfer but have to be prim for 30 months not so good for me i only have 2 years :(
Technorcal

San Jose, CA

#6146 Jul 25, 2012
Would that be for the techs that got surplused?

Since: Jul 12

Los Angeles, CA

#6147 Jul 26, 2012
Hello guys! I've been lurking in this topic for quite sometime now looking at the pros and cons of being a premtech. It's very helpful specially Former PT Sacramento's inputs. I just got a conditional offer for the position, I did the drug screening ang physical already and some Hireright documentation. Does this mean I'm "almost there"? I was with Tier 2 technical support for the Bellsouth region before, where we take in escalations/supervisor calls from the Tier 1 frontliners and I know that this is quite different in a number of ways, this time its facing the customer directly instead of assisting them over the phone. In tech support, if the escalated call could not be really resolved, we can set a truckroll!!!(as long as its a valid one) and say goodbye to the customer hahaha!!! So far the "outrageous" metrics looks the same
Efficiency (tech support)= Efficiency (prem tech),
Customer Survey (tech support)= Cust Survey (Prem tech),
First Call Resolution for tech support (wherin the customer should not callback in 72 hours or else my stats for this is dead) while Disptach efficiency for PremTech. Am I translating it right with regards to the metrics? Thank You
Milwaukee PT

Kenosha, WI

#6148 Jul 26, 2012
First caller resolve sounds like our I10, R10 or repeats within a time frame. Dispatch eff. Is number of competed jobs verses assigned jobs, this is always a good number for me as I stay and complete jobs normal for me is 94 or higher for our crew the Ave is around 85, on the down side by staying on jobs others would jep I complete the job cx is happy, quality work low repeats mainly for defective equipment, my job eff. Is around 75 to 80, I just made T3 and can now be put on a plan to lose my job because of my numbers. Additionally with 9 months since starting with this job I have seniority of 21 out of about 55 techs in our garage.
So Why leave T2 with a much higher pay scale to be PT, unless office work does not suit you, air conditioned office, own desk, break or lunch room, know work shift with overtime, you actually know when you can go home,the only down part I see is micromanaged even more, as we all our dependent on others to do their job right so ours can be to help the cx to the best of our abilities, which vary from employee to employee. Best of luck to you, you know what awaits more than most.. PLUS you can still dispatch a truck roll, it is called putting in a helper ticket for InR tech to get signal to term or nid depending on region.

Los Angeles, CA

#6149 Jul 26, 2012
Yeah talk about micromanagement in a call center environment, its everywhere in our floor. Well, it has it ups and downs, one downside of it is troubleshooting with a customer over the phone who doesnt even know how to do a right click with their mouse or doesnt know how to pull the power cord of their modem to power cycle it. Probably this time being a premtech would be a change since I'll be able to see and troubleshoot the issue myself. Though the bottom line of both positions is make the customers happy and meet all the "over the top" metrics. Hope I can breeze through it just like in my previous job....

I would appreciate for some more "Cover Your A**" tips here with regards to premtech metrics :D hohoho!!!
Mike81179

Concord, CA

#6150 Jul 27, 2012
I had my interview in San Ramone CA on June 7th. With 5 years of Cable/internet/phone install experience I expected to get a call quickly. My interviewer told me that it went really well. But hear I am with no call and the web site says "Waiting for HR review". Did anyone in the bay area get a call? I also applied for Contra Costa County on July 1st and now that also says Waiting for HR review. Did anyone else apply at these locations? Any info would be great.
FamilyGuyTX

Desoto, TX

#6151 Jul 28, 2012
Mike81179 wrote:
I had my interview in San Ramone CA on June 7th. With 5 years of Cable/internet/phone install experience I expected to get a call quickly. My interviewer told me that it went really well. But hear I am with no call and the web site says "Waiting for HR review". Did anyone in the bay area get a call? I also applied for Contra Costa County on July 1st and now that also says Waiting for HR review. Did anyone else apply at these locations? Any info would be great.
Read some of the posts on previous pages. My profile said "Awaiting HR Review" for 2 months after I interviewed until they finally called me with an offer. The same goes for a lot of others that got offers. Just keep waiting man most likely if they didn't call and tell you "No" then you're going to get an offer.
junk yrd dowgs

Van Nuys, CA

#6152 Jul 29, 2012
Technorcal wrote:
Would that be for the techs that got surplused?
thats what u would think but never know what they will try so why mention if will be filled by serplus

Los Angeles, CA

#6153 Jul 29, 2012
FamilyGuyTX: How long did it take for you to get a "Firm Offer" from the time you were given a "Conditional Offer"? I did my drug screening already after the conditional offer but I know that Conditional means its not yet 100% that's why they tell you not to quit your current job yet.
edgezorz

Los Angeles, CA

#6154 Jul 30, 2012
I took my testing here in san Diego June 15 then the interview on the 23. Got a conditional offer July 9 then official offer on July 16... I start this Friday!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dallas Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
You Americans are wrong! 17 hr ThomasA 2
Dwaine Caraway smokin crack Sun Dwaine Caraway 1
News Dallas-County 35 mins ago 10:00 a.m.Dallas' con... Sun Dwaine Caraway 1
News How Obama addressed 'many sides' after Dallas p... Sun inbred Genius 57
Boycott WBAP 820 Advertisers (Jan '08) Aug 19 Gary Dorman a Jew 132
Mayor Mike Rawlings a Jew Aug 18 Michael Moore 1
Depression, pain n anxiety treatment; Aug 17 Cafait 1

Dallas Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance