LA MUCKnASTY

Alhambra, CA

#6094 Jun 29, 2012
i was contacted by staffing manager asking to send my driving record. we discussed it some and she understands my record is not great at all. do they give people trying to change their lives opprotunity for employment. she said let me review and see what we could do...
Former PT Sacramento

New Haven, CT

#6095 Jun 29, 2012
LA MUCKnASTY wrote:
i was contacted by staffing manager asking to send my driving record. we discussed it some and she understands my record is not great at all. do they give people trying to change their lives opprotunity for employment. she said let me review and see what we could do...
They're pretty inflexible on driving record and criminal record... But I've seen some leniency for existing techs for infractions including things like a first DUI.

But if you have a lot of points on your license, and they have a lot of candidates, they're probably going to pick someone with fewer points unless someone is pulling for you to get in HARD. No harm trying!

Oh yeah, and if there's anything you can do yourself to reduce the points, definitely do that.
Pairchanger

Madison, GA

#6096 Jun 29, 2012
ex att guy wrote:
<quoted text>
since when do 4yr employees get 4.5 weeks of vacation? i worked there for almost 15yrs and had 3 weeks of vacation. i'm calling bs on that, unless you were surplused.
are there anymore former or ex employees on here that can tell me more about MY job.....
Theify McBackStabb

Dallas, TX

#6098 Jun 30, 2012
I understand it through the vine ATT is considering buying ADT for the alarm side...????
Technorcal

Oakland, CA

#6099 Jul 1, 2012
Nope. AT&T doesn't need to acquire ADT or any other alarm company. They need to train all techs on how to work with alarm systems. Some of my easiest jobs were following a DSL or I & R tech who had disturbed a subscriber's alarm system.
Former PT Sacramento

New Haven, CT

#6100 Jul 1, 2012
Technorcal wrote:
Nope. AT&T doesn't need to acquire ADT or any other alarm company. They need to train all techs on how to work with alarm systems. Some of my easiest jobs were following a DSL or I & R tech who had disturbed a subscriber's alarm system.
Actually, they did buy a home automation/alarm company, and are in testing phase rollout in the Dallas and Atlanta markets for additional services, which will be under a "Uverse Home" type umbrella. See your security cams on your TV, get onscreen notices on tripped alarms, that sort of thing. More upsell opportunities, more P2Rs, more training, and almost certainly not more base pay. ;)
Technorcal

Oakland, CA

#6101 Jul 1, 2012
3 or 4 months ago I posted that in 2010 AT&T acquired Xanboo. A company that sells DIY home monitoring/automation kits. At that time I suggested that AT&T may be getting into home automation. So, there is no need for AT&T to purchase ADT or any other alarm company.
Technorcal

Oakland, CA

#6102 Jul 1, 2012
A Real Tech

Lincoln Park, MI

#6103 Jul 2, 2012
Poster wrote:
To anybody who already works the Premises Tech job-Do you get free phone or u-verse?
NO you do not get anything free a little discounted not much not really any perks like other companies and tech in Michigan are Union and top pay is over $20 until the contract is settled
Uverse Ninja

Corona, CA

#6104 Jul 2, 2012
free phone?..you get a company i phone..and guess what ?.if you loose it, you get nice two day suspention..but you get a new 4g i phone.. guys!! take a chance..tell them you lost your i phone.. you will get a new 4g i phone!
ex att guy

Willimantic, CT

#6105 Jul 3, 2012
pairchanger wrote:
employees from 4-15 years get that and after 15 years you get 6 weeks here in the old Bellsouth Region.
maybe so because prem techs in old bell south are non-union. but the d3 contract for vacation time was almost exactly like the one i was under which was you got to 3 weeks after you hit 7 yrs of service and then 4 weeks after 15yrs and 5 weeks after 25yrs. don't believe me? well then go to the 2009 cwa/at&t contract look up i believe article 5 thats where you should find vacation/sick time.
Guruuvy

Los Angeles, CA

#6106 Jul 4, 2012
THE LAW wrote:
<quoted text>
Do your part as an American..........
We are now also clueing in the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) to all suspected illegals that work, plus their employers if we know of them. The IRS takes very unkindly to the employers especially that seek to evade taxes by paying cash for daywork type labor, which is common at construction sites, lawn services and some factories. Their fraud/criminal investigations number is ONE, EIGHT HUNDRED, EIGHT, TWO, NINE, ZERO, FOUR, THREE, THREE. nationwide. USE IT. They can be more effective than the INS in many cases and will do the investigative work, then if they uncover illegals will contact the INS who will come in at the end, make the arrests and take the credit. The employers however usually can't run and they take the big hit.
You may also call. TWO, ONE, FOUR, NINE ZERO FIVE, FIVE, EIGHT, ZERO, SEVEN Dallas office, for Eastern Texas.
Please remember if you know their work place it is also illegal for the employer to work them so you must turn in that employer also.
PLEASE CALL THIS NUMBER IF YOU SUSPECT SOMEONE OF BEING ILLEGAL AND HAVE DECENT FACTS. ONE, EIGHT HUNDRED, EIGHT, TWO, NINE, ZERO, FOUR, THREE, THREE.
That was a very odd response that had no place in this conversation.

How do you know that Frito didn't choose his nickname because he just likes cornchips?
movingtoTX

Cupertino, CA

#6107 Jul 4, 2012
hello fellow grunts,
what can i expect if i transfer to a major city metro. area in texas by way of hourly pay?
thanks
PoleClimbingPand a

Alhambra, CA

#6108 Jul 5, 2012
Awaiting HR review.
Recieved a call asking about some background info and asked to send dmv record.DMV rec is borderline.
Havent heard anything since.
Profile still says awaiting HR review since june 21
Took and passed Test june 15. profile changed day after RJP/PTA on june 20.
What should i expect?
Suave LA

Marble Falls, TX

#6109 Jul 5, 2012
Please what kind of shirt and pant are you supposed to wear on your Orientation day? please i need response quickly as i have my Orientation tomorrow in Austin.
cat5

United States

#6110 Jul 5, 2012
Suave LA wrote:
Please what kind of shirt and pant are you supposed to wear on your Orientation day? please i need response quickly as i have my Orientation tomorrow in Austin.
shorts and flip flops
Former PT Sacramento

New Haven, CT

#6111 Jul 6, 2012
Suave LA wrote:
Honestly, if it's actual orientation, IE your first paid day of employment, yes you can wear just about anything.

Here's what I'd advise: wear something close to the uniform: solid color polo shirt with collar, and khaki pants/jeans.

Don't wear a suit, you'll make your peers uncomfortable.

Don't dress down too much, or you may get hassled walking around your training facility by the regular employees.

After orientation, your trainers will give you a pretty good idea of what to wear - but usually you'll want to go for comfort, combined with sturdiness - you might need to climb ladders, stand out in the rain, work in dusty/dirty areas, cut drywall, etc.
Steven

Enid, OK

#6112 Jul 8, 2012
I'l be starting soon as a prem tech and wanted to know how the take home truck policy worked. I remember them saying something about numbers or whatnot. My starting garage is like 20 minutes from my house. Rather not pay for the gas.:P

Anyone know?
rsenal

Homewood, IL

#6113 Jul 8, 2012
Steven wrote:
I'l be starting soon as a prem tech and wanted to know how the take home truck policy worked. I remember them saying something about numbers or whatnot. My starting garage is like 20 minutes from my house. Rather not pay for the gas.:P
Anyone know?
You won't be eligible for at least 9 months. You have to be a tenure 3 tech and make your eff% and quality (repeats) for 2 consecutive months. You cannot be on a plan either.
PoleClimbingPand a

Alhambra, CA

#6114 Jul 8, 2012
when and where are you starting steven??i got a job offer for july 20th in socal. taking my drug test tomorrow and background check is underway. i'm a little concerned about my driving record. it is borderline. but if all goes good thy said starting date the 20th. what about yourself?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dallas Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Add A Word Drop A Word (Nov '12) 9 hr Carmen 1,220
Congratulations Hilary! 11 hr You go Girl 4
Relay for life donations. Mon Marko 1
News At Dallas' Once Stylish Cabana Motor Hotel, Ex-... Sun Lee Harvey Oswald 2
Review: Paper Place Sun sem-24 1
Review: Dream Angels Sun sem-24 1
Election Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) Sat fart 794
More from around the web

Dallas People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]