grunt

United States

#5841 Feb 29, 2012
prem techs do not get overtime over 8 hours in a day. At least not in district 4.
Evan

Nashville, TN

#5842 Feb 29, 2012
Has anyone from st louis heard a callback from AT&T yet about our training and if so can i get there number please
Scott Paullin

Oklahoma City, OK

#5843 Mar 2, 2012
Passed the Tech., test 2 weeks ago, have heard nothing

Since: Feb 12

Saint Louis, MO

#5844 Mar 2, 2012
Evan wrote:
Has anyone from st louis heard a callback from AT&T yet about our training and if so can i get there number please
Apparently, people in the Saint Louis area have been waiting for over 5 weeks or more. I took the TMTF II test on February 17, 2012. I've decided to take a job with another company because I'm done waiting on AT&T, especially since my bill collectors aren't waiting on me.
By the way... Their supposed to be contacting people through e-mail, so I really don't think there's a number you're able to call for updates. They probably don't want dozens of people randomly calling them every day and asking the same questions.
Wallplate

Raleigh, NC

#5845 Mar 2, 2012
For those of you who have passed the test and are awaiting calls, you will likely continue to wait. I went through training with people who said they had passed the test months prior.

Consider yourselves bullets in a spare magazine. Once they are finished with the current cannon fodder and burn enough people out, you will be getting the email/call. Let them expend the current "ammo" and then they will reload.

Summer will be here before you know it and I'm sure they will need people for those six-day weeks and 10-12 hour days.
Rmi

United States

#5846 Mar 2, 2012
grunt wrote:
prem techs do not get overtime over 8 hours in a day. At least not in district 4.
we do get overtime after 8 in a day in St louis
PT Sacramento

Alameda, CA

#5847 Mar 2, 2012
California gets 1.5x from 8-12 hrs, and 2x for hours over 12 in a single day. Was pretty crazy seeing a little doubletime on my second paycheck, but it's the only positive memory I have of my first 14 hour ride-along.:P

Still, the core trainers at our facility in Sacto were getting double time and a half for class on President's Day. Too bad PTs aren't covered under the general contract.:/

Almost done with training now, and my freaking Comcast cable keeps going out intermittently. Maybe that's some kind of sign? ;)
Technorcal

San Leandro, CA

#5848 Mar 3, 2012
PT Sacramento is the Sacto training facility near Fruitridge Rd. at the old military depot?

Thanks.
Baker

North Little Rock, AR

#5849 Mar 3, 2012
I was just wondering how good are the benifits for a PT and wold I be crazy to leave a job that I i make $21.00 hr for att PT. Do any one have any info on what the PTs Make in Little Rock
Mustang

North Little Rock, AR

#5850 Mar 3, 2012
Need help with what the PTS make in Little Rock AR. What kind of benifits do they have If you have a Degree in Electronics is it hard to move up at ATT
milwaukee pt

Waukesha, WI

#5851 Mar 3, 2012
Baker wrote:
I was just wondering how good are the benifits for a PT and wold I be crazy to leave a job that I i make $21.00 hr for att PT. Do any one have any info on what the PTs Make in Little Rock
First I do not know about Little Rock, currently in the Midwest top pay is 20.01 with no pension but a.nice 401k. The current contract expires April 2012, so pay and benefits will be changing. Recommend you find out if union or not, old Southern Bell is not union to my knowledge. Second, wages are determine by job, Midwest we climb poles anf work at SAI and Nid, if,your region does not your wages will be less. Woild I leave.a $21/hr job to be a PT, NO.
Very little advancement options and then only after 2 years from hire date as a PT. I have a degree in electronics (AS), this job is a non degree job, please do a search on this forum for add comments I have posted. IT IS WHAT IT IS.
Mustang

North Little Rock, AR

#5852 Mar 3, 2012
I have real good benifits right now I was just trying to to see what kind of job this was and how they treat their empployees. I haven't read nothing but NEG comments about this job is it that bad. Do they give you any vacation are pay you Double time for anything7414
milwaukee pt wrote:
<quoted text>
First I do not know about Little Rock, currently in the Midwest top pay is 20.01 with no pension but a.nice 401k. The current contract expires April 2012, so pay and benefits will be changing. Recommend you find out if union or not, old Southern Bell is not union to my knowledge. Second, wages are determine by job, Midwest we climb poles anf work at SAI and Nid, if,your region does not your wages will be less. Woild I leave.a $21/hr job to be a PT, NO.
Very little advancement options and then only after 2 years from hire date as a PT. I have a degree in electronics (AS), this job is a non degree job, please do a search on this forum for add comments I have posted. IT IS WHAT IT IS.
milwaukee pt

Waukesha, WI

#5853 Mar 4, 2012
I would recommend.going back to page 278 and read to prrsent, good info to be found. Next check with local CWA uniin for copy of current contract, this will answer all questions about pay and benefits for your region.
PTs are ATT new second tier job without core benefits such as pension, etc. If hired as a PT and then move to a different position, you will always be goverened by PT contract, only way to get core is to quit and be rehired after six months into new core position, lose seniorty this way. ATT is in 22 states with 300,000 employees, abkut 60%(180k) are union jobs. That means if last hired first fired, or moved to different position. I.know guus with 12 years as I/R core rmployees who were forced into being PTs or look for new job as the land line business has diminshed. That means you are working with displaced exp. Workers making 32/hr with no pay raises while new hires can currently only make top 20.01in the Midwest
New contract coming, thinhs will be changing, I do not believe Att will hire and strart new training classes untill contract talks are done , if you are in a non union state (Bell South) hiring may continue otherwise ATT is just building a pool of candates for future neefd.
Wallplate

Raleigh, NC

#5854 Mar 4, 2012
Anyone who leaves a job making $21 per hour to become a PT will regret that decision, unless their current employer treats its employees as bad as AT&T does.
Premise Tech in Illinois

Zion, IL

#5855 Mar 4, 2012
When does the contract end for IBEW Local 21?
Pt job St Louis

Arnold, MO

#5856 Mar 5, 2012
Can anyone tell me where the training centers are I'm supposed to go in Friday for orientation and start Monday but where does the training happen someone told me its in Texas but do they really send ALL employees to Texas for weeks at a time that seems expensive and dumb I'm not that interested in going anywhere any answer would be great this is s St Louis job I'm starting

Location hidden

#5857 Mar 5, 2012
Pt job St Louis wrote:
Can anyone tell me where the training centers are I'm supposed to go in Friday for orientation and start Monday but where does the training happen someone told me its in Texas but do they really send ALL employees to Texas for weeks at a time that seems expensive and dumb I'm not that interested in going anywhere any answer would be great this is s St Louis job I'm starting
You already took the tests? How long did It take AT&T to contact you after you took the test? I took the test a few weeks ago and havent heard anything yet. Yes they will force you to not only train out of town but work out of town. And if you don't, you're fired.
Pt job St Louis

Arnold, MO

#5858 Mar 5, 2012
STLguy25 wrote:
<quoted text>
You already took the tests? How long did It take AT&T to contact you after you took the test? I took the test a few weeks ago and havent heard anything yet. Yes they will force you to not only train out of town but work out of town. And if you don't, you're fired.
I took test back in may of last year contacted me in July for interview then background and physical and all that in January then contacted me in feb with offer where is the training center though do you know

Nashville, TN

#5859 Mar 5, 2012
STLguy25 wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you hear anything from at&t because I took the test in january and passed I am just waiting on them to call me back to at least say that I did or didn't get the job because I am ready to work do you have a number or anything

Nashville, TN

#5860 Mar 5, 2012
Pt job St Louis wrote:
<quoted text> I took test back in may of last year contacted me in July for interview then background and physical and all that in January then contacted me in feb with offer where is the training center though do you know
You wouldn't happen to have the human resources number do you

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dallas Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Flamboyant Eric Embry Returning to Dallas 10 min An Eric Embry Fan... 1
Change A Letter Game (Nov '12) 1 hr Doug77 977
Add A Word Drop A Word (Nov '12) 1 hr mossy seaman 1,122
Aurora Garage Door Repair in CO 4 hr mossy seaman 2
Floyd: As fluoride - debate' rages again, perha... 10 hr nyscof 1
pedophile living in new zealand!!! 13 hr hi everyone 1
Gospel Broadcasting Network 16 hr Johnny 2

Dallas News Video

Dallas Dating
Find my Match