AT&T Premises Technician Pay?...
Mom of PT

Atlanta, GA

#5575 Oct 12, 2011
Maybe the new qualification for working at AT&T is "can he fog a mirror?"
pair changer

Madison, GA

#5576 Oct 13, 2011
i know a guy that had like 145 hours for 2 weeks, was at a 99 for the month. He came in on a Friday when the load was heavy and did a 6 box Inid, when he closed it about 1pm his manager called and told him to come to the office. When he got there they asked for his id, keys, etc and fired him for numbers. He'd paid his dues and worked his ass off here for 3 years. Like you said all for nothing. This company made 13 billion dollars last year......They dont give a shit about you.....
dd-att

United States

#5578 Oct 16, 2011
you state you do 5 times more work than others who get paid more... i was a service tech,which is what your job is now under the prem tech title.dont be fooled by thinking you have worked any harder than any one else at at&t.lets compare i have been employed at at&t for 11 years,i have crawled more crawl spaces&attics than you have,and placed more drops&sni,than you,and for this why i get paid more than the prem tech offers.note i am no longer a service tech,promoted to maint splicing tech the pay is great.when you are able to transfer to a better position at at&t you will look back and say it wasnt easy.so with this in mind,there is no high paying job at at&t that is easy,the job gets harder as you go up
Wasted

Dublin, CA

#5579 Oct 19, 2011
Impossible for a PT to transfer into anything except manager of other PTs.
dd-att wrote:
you state you do 5 times more work than others who get paid more... i was a service tech,which is what your job is now under the prem tech title.dont be fooled by thinking you have worked any harder than any one else at at&t.lets compare i have been employed at at&t for 11 years,i have crawled more crawl spaces&attics than you have,and placed more drops&sni,than you,and for this why i get paid more than the prem tech offers.note i am no longer a service tech,promoted to maint splicing tech the pay is great.when you are able to transfer to a better position at at&t you will look back and say it wasnt easy.so with this in mind,there is no high paying job at at&t that is easy,the job gets harder as you go up
New hire

Cedar Park, TX

#5580 Oct 19, 2011
Wow, I didn't realize it was so bad at this position. I just got hired near Austin, TX. I haven't started yet but does anyone have any experience with the market out here?
GUEST TODAY

Edwards, CA

#5581 Oct 19, 2011
ST 4 37 YEARS wrote:
<quoted text>Tipandring. You sound like an idiot. You can't get what you want,you don't deserve any thing more than what YOU are willing to settle for. So, do us all a favor and go fuck yourself. You are the piece of shit that costs good employees what they work hard for. You are a SCAB just waiting to cross a picket line. we have always had a word that describe how screwed up you are. But hey,I got a 1/2 mil when I retired along with a lot of benefits. You were stupid enough to settle for less, so shame on you.You are the week sister and no one gives a shit for you.Go find a job that you can actually do and leave grown men alone.
Just a thought, it is truley scum cocks like you should inhereit pancratic cancer from your fat and lazy union people, we have about as much room in our anal tract for you as we do for a sliding golden cock, do us a favor and drop the fuck dead! if not, just choke on your business agents member, Finally retire and push pansies pick scumbag!
jon

Stone Mountain, GA

#5582 Oct 20, 2011
When do they do the drug screening exactly, very first meeting or what just making sure all is out.
joeinmemphis

United States

#5583 Oct 22, 2011
What is required at the physical? I know sit UPS. Will they hold your feet? Thanks.
just helping out

Pikeville, KY

#5584 Oct 23, 2011
Frito2anywhere wrote:
Is anyone in here familiar w/ the telecommunication technician field or know about a AT&T position called a "Premises Technician"? I JUST TOOK THIS HARD ASS TEST for this position and they would even disclose the salary. The test was like 30-40 outta 60(read the paragraph that explains a diagram, than answer 2-3) questions(relating to the type of work you would be doing if hired)in 60 min...WTF!!
Have you tried to google it?
pair changer

Madison, GA

#5585 Oct 23, 2011
just helping out wrote:
<quoted text>
Have you tried to google it?
seriously??????????
James

Carrollton, TX

#5586 Oct 24, 2011
Dcg wrote:
<quoted text>
The premise tech is a INSIDE service tech that is responsiple for the install and wiring for the new uverse system and for dsl. PAY STARTS AT 8.00 PER HR AND TOPS OUT AFTER 5 YEARS AT 15.00...Its a ridiculous test
This is NOT just an inside job. The Premises Technician is responsible for service from the outside copper cross connect location all the way to the inside of the customer's home. This includes climbing poles when required. Working in all kinds of weather--rain, extreme cold or heat, etc. The pay starts at about $13.00 an hour and tops out at about $21.00. I have 30+ years with AT&T. This is a low paying version of the customer service technician position.
corey

United States

#5588 Oct 26, 2011
Can you be partially color blind and still be hired i can tell colors apart just can't pass a color test
PT in MS

Jackson, MS

#5589 Oct 26, 2011
PT's in the SE are still non union...Union reps are saying it's going through next August when the new ST contract goes through. The job's not too bad as long as you don't mind odd hours and working under pressure. The pay is my only gripe!
Louisiana

Alexandria, LA

#5590 Oct 27, 2011
is there anyone who happens to know about the pay in Louisiana
techforlife

Cabot, AR

#5591 Oct 27, 2011
New hire wrote:
Wow, I didn't realize it was so bad at this position. I just got hired near Austin, TX. I haven't started yet but does anyone have any experience with the market out here?
How long did it take you to get hired from the first test you took??
joeinmemphis

Denver, CO

#5592 Oct 28, 2011
Ok so here is my timeline thus far... Applied online Sept 23. Invited to take test Sept 26. I scheduled and took my test on Oct 5. Oct. 10 got a call about the RJP. I was not available to do these on the dates offered. They called me back a week later and I have RJP scheduled for Nov 1. Will repost as events happen.
wanna be PT

Panorama City, CA

#5593 Oct 29, 2011
its been a month and half since i took PTA and RJP here in los angeles. and no answer yet.i send an e mail to HR a few times. they just send you an email that they cant give you an update regarding my status. its so frustrating not knowing when you will get an result.
tbone213

Richmond, TX

#5594 Oct 31, 2011
I have been a prem. Tech for a about 2 yrs. Pay started at around $13. Now im at 19 dollars an hour. If you dont take pride in your work, dont even bother applying. You wont last long. Be ready to work hard, and for micromanaging overload. Good job overall.
Secraft

Duluth, GA

#5596 Nov 1, 2011
Guest wrote:
<quoted text>
You're a troll for AT&T. First line management doesn't make anywhere near three times craft and they work a LOT of overtime and aren't paid a dime for it. Get out of here, you jerk.
As a UFO supervisor, I agree whole completely. I actually took a pay CUT when I took this job, and the stress is destroying my health.
wanna be PT

Panorama City, CA

#5597 Nov 3, 2011
woo hoo~~
finally got a call from HR dept, asked me if i take $16.10/hr in Los Angeles location.thank god, it didnt take yrs and yrs. last 2 and a half months was so frustrating..

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dallas Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Share your memories of JFK's assassination (Nov '08) 11 hr Bobby 15
gasmonkey garage-rude (Dec '13) 15 hr John 20
News Explore the weight of a border wall along the e... Sun Far tee fart 167
PRESIDENT OBAMA needs to GEAUX May 27 Anonymous 6
Clinton May 27 Anonymous 5
Boycott WBAP 820 Advertisers (Jan '08) May 27 gustof 130
Black Thug Watch. Name the black thug criminals... May 26 Barbra Streisand 37

Dallas Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance