AT&T Premises Technician Pay?...
jaxpremtech

Jacksonville, FL

#512 May 15, 2008
Does anyone have a clue whats happening here in North East Florida? I interviewed for the job on Apr 12th ? Did my medical/drug screen on the 14th. Still waiting??? Got an email about the training being moved to Jax. Still don't not when or if I have a job??
jaxpremtech

Jacksonville, FL

#513 May 15, 2008
can anyone direct me to another site like this?
Flyboii

Keller, TX

#514 May 15, 2008
I report to training tomorrow @8 am. What are we suppose to wear???

Since: May 08

Montgomery, AL

#515 May 15, 2008
Flyboii wrote:
I report to training tomorrow @8 am. What are we suppose to wear???
In Atl. it is khaki pants polo or button up shirt w/collar and leather boots that are above ankles. Some locations are saying steel toe boots
flyboii

Dallas, TX

#516 May 15, 2008
coo coo good looking out
Prem Tech hopeful

Los Angeles, CA

#517 May 15, 2008
what about orientation?

I gave the staffing manager my new phone number many times, but she still doesn't use it, so I wasn't able to talk to her, but I do have a new hire package in my e-mail. what do I wear to orientation?
Ricky

Burlingame, CA

#518 May 15, 2008
Did anyone else take the test/customer service interview in Oakland, Ca. in April? I took the test on the 29th and I still haven't heard anything. I've contacted the recruiter but she hasn't responded. I know that there are positions opening up in my area in June so I'm beginning to doubt I got the position since I know i'd still have to take a drug test, orientation, and training.
Sam Samady

Mountain View, CA

#519 May 15, 2008
Ricky wrote:
Did anyone else take the test/customer service interview in Oakland, Ca. in April? I took the test on the 29th and I still haven't heard anything. I've contacted the recruiter but she hasn't responded. I know that there are positions opening up in my area in June so I'm beginning to doubt I got the position since I know i'd still have to take a drug test, orientation, and training.
I tested on March 31, 2008 and still haven't heard from them. They keep telling me to be patient and will call me when the position opens up. It also depends on the position you are waiting for. I'm waiting for the Splicing Technician Position.
Waiting in Oakland CA

Petaluma, CA

#520 May 16, 2008
May 8 in Oakland was exempt from the TMTII due to experience took BCT, Customer Service and was told that I passed and would hear from someone when a training space opened. I asked how long that could take and was told it depends on where I opted to work on the application (the more places the better of a chance) and if I wanted a better chance to go back online and add more places. Also I was told that they will be continually hiring for quite some time as they find that when the actually get to calling people they either have already found another job or don't pass the drug test or turn down the offer and as a result need people at the last minute to fill training classes. So I will continue to look for something else until I hopefully hear from them and decide at that time.
Waiting in Oakland CA

Petaluma, CA

#521 May 16, 2008
I was also told that the people that they were calling to do the Physical and drug test on that day had done the first tests about 3-4 weeks ago. Basically what I got out of it is that once you pass the initial tests then you wait until they finish a training class in the area you are willing to work and start calling on people to fill the class. Its as simple as that. As far as people getting offers the same day or within a couple of days I am sure it is because they were scrambling to find somebody at the last minute because somebody dropped out for one reason or another. In fact while I was in the Customer service assessment the manager received a call and explained that she was sorry because she was trying to get couple of people that she had just called that in to drug test because others had failed.

If you were told that you past the initial tests then I am sure that you will hear from them soon but don't expect anything for a few weeks at least.

Since: Mar 08

Detroit, MI

#522 May 17, 2008
anyone hear anything about the prem tech jobs in the detroit area? according to the lady, the first jobs are available in june. all they keep telling me is to wait. the only thing done so far is the background check. still waiting on an actual job offer call.
Prem Tech hopeful

Los Angeles, CA

#523 May 17, 2008
helmet wrote:
anyone hear anything about the prem tech jobs in the detroit area? according to the lady, the first jobs are available in june. all they keep telling me is to wait. the only thing done so far is the background check. still waiting on an actual job offer call.
dont worry. i just had orientation and i start training monday. in my crew, there were 10 guys. some of them waited 1 week!, some waited 1 month like me, and others waited since december. it'sjust a matter of them opening up a garage or expanding a garage and then having training classes available for you.
prem tech detroit

New Baltimore, MI

#524 May 19, 2008
just wondering how far back do att go for the driving license check just filled out online app and concent form ? credit and back ground check should be great but i had a dwi in march 2000 and 2 speeding 5 over in the last 4yrs and does anyone have a copy of the prep tests so i could look at them to study for prem tech and how much does it start off at in detroit michigan
prem tech from IL

Bolingbrook, IL

#525 May 19, 2008
I am a prem tech with college and 4 years in the outside plant side of telecommunications.The pay is so low. I can't believe that a big company with secure history and a reputation that everyone knows and loves, would downgrade there own by pay so little to the future of there company.For the union IBEW well they don't do nothing for are money there are hundreds of techs out of IL that have a problem with the rate that they are getting. We were either told wrong by an outside contractor that AT&T payed to do there dirty work..HIRING. Guys that have never been in the industry came straight from pushing carts,are making more than those with experince.. It is ashamed that some of the guys that are leaving would have made great techs . So it would be nice if a strike or something would help us feed are families because AT&T sure is not. THANKS for nothin...

Since: Mar 08

Detroit, MI

#526 May 20, 2008
Prem Tech hopeful wrote:
<quoted text>
dont worry. i just had orientation and i start training monday. in my crew, there were 10 guys. some of them waited 1 week!, some waited 1 month like me, and others waited since december. it'sjust a matter of them opening up a garage or expanding a garage and then having training classes available for you.
right. im just worried now that the lady said there might be only 50-70 open positions, and that they went through 200 qualified candidates since january.
Nach

United States

#527 May 20, 2008
Does anyone know what would happen if you miss a day of training for a prem tech? i just ask because i got offered a position and I am not sure i want to accept it. I have an interview with another company on the third day of training. I just don't want to pass up this job interview because it is a better job.
Yep

Los Angeles, CA

#528 May 20, 2008
Nach wrote:
Does anyone know what would happen if you miss a day of training for a prem tech? i just ask because i got offered a position and I am not sure i want to accept it. I have an interview with another company on the third day of training. I just don't want to pass up this job interview because it is a better job.
fired
nunya

Los Angeles, CA

#529 May 20, 2008
Nach wrote:
Fired, unless you can get a doctor's note.
Nach

United States

#530 May 21, 2008
thank you. thats what i thought would happen. One other question; does anyone know anything about the training? for example, how long, what are the work hours, and how much is classroom verses hands on training?
nobody_me

Los Angeles, CA

#531 May 21, 2008
Nach wrote:
thank you. thats what i thought would happen. One other question; does anyone know anything about the training? for example, how long, what are the work hours, and how much is classroom verses hands on training?
3 weeks classroom, 3 weeks in field.
1'st week safety
2'nd week field
3'rd week wiring
4'th week field
5'th week CPE
6'th week field
Thats how it was for me at least.
During ride alongs you may get lot's of OT or you may be restricted to 8 hours, depends on the business unit you are assigned to.
Your guaranteed 8 hours a day during training hours could be 6-2:30 or 8:00 'till 4:30 just depends. I hear they are starting afternoon classes as well. Doubtful you will get to choose which shift, they will make that decision for you :-/

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dallas Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
never hire attorney ray jackson 2 hr LEARNED THE HARD WAY 1
Continental Parts Reunion 3pm Sunday 6 hr Ed Taiwo 4
I love you 19 hr Jazz 1
City of Dallas Approves of Sex Club-Look Other Way (Sep '10) Tue Squeakymonkey 71
SHOCKING Reviews of Homeless Shelters in Dallas... (Feb '14) Aug 23 Fattygirl 12
News Feds threaten Texas over closed abortion clinic Aug 21 Food farts 25
News Letters: Romero fails in attempt to explain bad... Aug 20 eyes of texas 4
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Dallas Mortgages