AT&T Premises Technician Pay?...
NashvillePT

La Vergne, TN

#5222 Feb 24, 2011
South east prem tech wrote:
This is the most backwards company ever I have never seen a company that actively looks for ways to screw over their employees. I can't to my job properly because of them. First lack of trucks then you don't get proper tools and to top it off they want things done different then they way the teach you. Oh and if you have to drive ant great distance you get screwed unless you supervisor changes things around and "fixes" your time. I have seen so many labor laws broken in my short four months. People are working longer then what they get paid for just to keep their numbers up and alot of it is because of this stupid dispatch system and the fact that the company doesn't want to count drive time. A plus is that in a couple of months I will be a senior tech just because of attrition
Man what are you talking about?! Truer words have never been spoken. That company has meetings, I believe, where they sit around and discuss what ways to draw more blood from the turnips better known as prem techs. I made some blogs on here a few weeks ago a couple pages back where I had finally had enough. The final straw for me was losing Saturdays off after working a Sunday. I was already hating the job for them changing the 5 Star procedures and making it next to impossible for achieving 5 Star without absolutely working yourself to death. On top of that, not allowing exceptions to the repeats for equipment failures and other unfair crap like that. I have finally liberated myself from this God forsaking company. I have went to work for a privately owned Electrical/Communications company. A place where you are a name and not a UID. With just as good Benies, vaca, etc. At first I felt a little regretful for quitting because of the clout that working for AT&T carries. I was caught up in the facade of wearing a shirt, jacket, and hardhat with the ATT logo. Feeling like I was working for the Phone company. But the reality is that the U-Verse side is nowhere near the Telco side. Even once the union comes in the job will never be what the telco jobs are. Those jobs and that pay is disappearing. I was a service tech for Verizon or a CZT what they called us up there so I know how good the telco side has it for now. And they earn their money but a Prem tech will NEVER know what its like to earn that kind of pay even though they are more than deserving of it. I say this to anyone looking at this position... If you are in desperate need of a job then your options are limited but keep your resume handy and updated. But if you have other options... Take the other option. Especially if you have a family. You will work your ass off and make some money but you will not get to see your childs dance recital, or your sons little league game, or school play etc. And once the warm weather and longer days get here the 6 day work week will be back in full effect. And it will seem appealing at first making extra cash but the number one thing about this job is that it will burn you out so fast you wont even see it coming. I am so glad to be gone. I have my evenings back, my weekends back, a piece of mind back. Its like someone picked a truck up off me. There are other jobs out there. Stay there and get some experience. Get comfortable with communications and get a job elsewhere once youve acquired the skills. The private companies pay better too. You Prem techs take care. Remember, there is a life out there. Just not with the Atheist run AT&T. Good Luck to all y'all.
southwest

Universal City, TX

#5223 Feb 26, 2011
the customer service technician does anybody think att will replace them with premise technician. I personally think they will it just a matter when...
Southfla

United States

#5224 Feb 27, 2011
Now that the premise tech are unionized, what changes?
PremTech 101

La Porte, IN

#5225 Mar 3, 2011
Bob wrote:
I was wondering what kind of drug test they give. Urine, hair, or blood? Thanks in advance.
If you have to wonder then you really need to look elsewhere. And for the record its Urine and Blood.
Blank

United States

#5226 Mar 4, 2011
Southfla wrote:
Now that the premise tech are unionized, what changes?
A contract will be Bargarined they will reach a tentative agreement, PT's vote. If the Prem Tech vote yes, we have pay, grievance proceedires, rules, fairness etc if it's not what we want we vote NO and the bargaining committee goes back to the table and starts bargaining again til a yes vote . Then the changes take place! There is a light at the end of the tunnel. I can't wait to file my first grievance since I have a list.
get er done

Oceanside, CA

#5227 Mar 5, 2011
top 3 for us all should be the 49 hour rule , weekends off , and to pay us for all the job requirements that was add to the original just prem tech job classification/title ...

don't settle for anything less !!!
Think Thrice

Snellville, GA

#5228 Mar 5, 2011
What a day. You know when your area mgr is at your yard on a Sat morning there's a problem. All you future prem techs out there think twice or better yet three times before taking this job. Tech was let go today after say 6 months of service, due to not making what they call numbers. It's a numbers game in the world of a prem tech. Also a quality game as we have no control of defective boxes but we get the blame for it. Only hope
we have now is the union. Although in the other ear you hear that won't make a difference either. Don't know which way to go but to keep that resume flowing.
AtlantaPT

Newnan, GA

#5229 Mar 6, 2011
So I got notification of my first raise the other day after being with the company for a year now. Needless to say I was a bit pissed off. So there is to either, "meet or exceed" expections. Out of the 6 month period that I was rated on I made quintiles 2 and 3 the whole time and made five star atleast 4 times. I only got, "meets expectations" so I only get a .60 cents raise. I then find out a day or so late that another tech that has the same hire date as me who made quintile 5 atleast 4 times out of his 6 month period and only made five star once or twice got, "exceeds expectations" and is getting $1.25 raise. What in the fuck?
NashvillePT

Pflugerville, TX

#5230 Mar 6, 2011
That's because the company and that position is shit. I have much doubt that the union will make it any better. Hell, the company wanted the union in there. If that is the case, the only one that's going to benefit will be the company. Prem techs will never make telco money.
Think Thrice

United States

#5231 Mar 6, 2011
NashvillePT wrote:
That's because the company and that position is shit. I have much doubt that the union will make it any better. Hell, the company wanted the union in there. If that is the case, the only one that's going to benefit will be the company. Prem techs will never make telco money.
Good point. Those days are officially over. Out the door with the B in front of South.
Told-ya-so

United States

#5232 Mar 8, 2011
Been reading all these post about if AT&T is going to backfill positions when higher pay techs retire.....nope...not gonna happen. Union? What union? The only union is the one you'll be paying into to get fucked. If the union was really going to protect you, don't you think they would have better control over this bullshit numbers game? AT&T is paying the union to roll over and do what they say....prove me wrong!!! You thought Abraham Lincoln did away with slavery? What the hell do you think a Prem Tech is? Under paid slave.
ST 4 37 YEARS

Memphis, TN

#5233 Mar 8, 2011
Told-ya-so wrote:
Been reading all these post about if AT&T is going to backfill positions when higher pay techs retire.....nope...not gonna happen. Union? What union? The only union is the one you'll be paying into to get fucked. If the union was really going to protect you, don't you think they would have better control over this bullshit numbers game? AT&T is paying the union to roll over and do what they say....prove me wrong!!! You thought Abraham Lincoln did away with slavery? What the hell do you think a Prem Tech is? Under paid slave.
...Told-ya, You sound like a total dumbass!The "numbers game" is not a contractual matter. It is administrative. The union does not administer policy[why would they want to?]If you can meet the numbers,great. If not,who cares? But when the company takes disciplinary action against you,then the union will get involved.I would ask you to show me some proof of ANY UNION REP. taking money from the company on any issue,in any state at any time in history.

You sound like your basis fuck up who has never done well at ANY job. Its hard for a union to represent "STUPID".So you should be back at the STOP & GO sacking groceries and let men do a men's job.
Southfla

Hollywood, FL

#5234 Mar 9, 2011
ST 4 37 YEARS wrote:
<quoted text>...Told-ya, You sound like a total dumbass!The "numbers game" is not a contractual matter. It is administrative. The union does not administer policy[why would they want to?]If you can meet the numbers,great. If not,who cares? But when the company takes disciplinary action against you,then the union will get involved.I would ask you to show me some proof of ANY UNION REP. taking money from the company on any issue,in any state at any time in history.
You sound like your basis fuck up who has never done well at ANY job. Its hard for a union to represent "STUPID".So you should be back at the STOP & GO sacking groceries and let men do a men's job.
There's no need to respond to ignorance. Just let them type away into cyber clouds :)
SoCal John Doe

Garden Grove, CA

#5235 Mar 15, 2011
I was scheduled for testing and went, at arrival they stated I was exempt from testing due to my experience. I then was called later to schedule a phone interview. I had the phone interview and I think it went well? The same day of my phone interview I noticed my status online was changed to "awaiting HR review". Does anyone have any insight of where I stand with this status and point of possible employment? It is for a premise technician opening.
phunk

United States

#5236 Mar 16, 2011
Man I failed the test twice wish I could study for it. It seems ridiculous that a majority of the questions have nothing to do with the job
Dave

United States

#5237 Mar 23, 2011
Just got hired for prem tech position.$16.86 to start, paid training with an awesome company. Hard to listen to all the whiners when the economy is so horrible. CWA, good benefits, long hours? not a problem. I've been worried about getting laid off for two years so worrying if I'll be making too much $$ in overtime is like a fantasy. AT&T has plenty of customers and cash, they just bought T-Mobile, so it's awesome to go to work for a company that you know will be around for a long, long time. Good luck to all applying and never let someone else's bad review influence you. You make your own way on your own merrit.(I never read movie reviews either :))
SoCal John Doe

Garden Grove, CA

#5238 Mar 23, 2011
Dave wrote:
Just got hired for prem tech position.$16.86 to start, paid training with an awesome company. Hard to listen to all the whiners when the economy is so horrible. CWA, good benefits, long hours? not a problem. I've been worried about getting laid off for two years so worrying if I'll be making too much $$ in overtime is like a fantasy. AT&T has plenty of customers and cash, they just bought T-Mobile, so it's awesome to go to work for a company that you know will be around for a long, long time. Good luck to all applying and never let someone else's bad review influence you. You make your own way on your own merrit.(I never read movie reviews either :))

Did you get hired locally in southern california? P.S I agree 100% with all mentioned above! Good luck to your friend, I am sure you will kill it!
Whitiest White

Rome, NY

#5239 Mar 23, 2011
Hmmm
Crossbar

AOL

#5240 Mar 24, 2011
Dave wrote:
Talk about an ass licker, wish I could be a fly in your truck, Hope your good at bending over and taking it deep.
SoCal John Doe

Garden Grove, CA

#5241 Mar 24, 2011
Crossbar wrote:
<quoted text>Talk about an ass licker, wish I could be a fly in your truck, Hope your good at bending over and taking it deep.
Talk about being a knuckle head, and you wonder why your sour. More than likely your bad attitude has landed you where you are at now....LOSER! Do not be jealous that us young bucks are willing to work hard and take your jobs. Get your act together buddy!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dallas Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Add A Word Drop A Word (Nov '12) 1 hr -Glinda- 1,629
Change A Letter Game (Nov '12) Tue _Zoey_ 1,160
Ladonia shelter, videos taken by Lily Wolfe owner Tue Beware 1
Took policeman 1 hour to come? Tue Blkpwr 3
News Missing Irving Womana s Body Found In Trinity R... (Apr '11) Tue rhollandblackburn 21
Can-nabis-blue-dream-moon-rocks available Feb 18 Not a cop 2
Mary Ellen Sneed Feb 14 Jean 1

Dallas Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Dallas Mortgages