AT&T Premises Technician Pay?...

Since: Nov 09

Lawrenceville, GA

#5159 Jan 14, 2011
NashvillePT wrote:
Vince, glad you got out. There are PTs leaving this company every day. We've lost three in our work center within a month. All finding better jobs. The economy is getting better so companies are starting hire again. Once its rebounded even more, people will be jumping this sinking ship. It will be hard for ATT to find more "humps" to do this shitty job, installing this shitty service. I used to like the job okay but due to recent events like losing Saturdays off after working a Sunday was the final straw for me. They wanna make out like they are all about friends and family. So what do they do? Take away your Saturday off after working a Sunday. Now you get like Wed and Thurs off instead. Thanks AT&T! My wife works a real job and is off on the weekends. Looks like if she wants to spend time with her husband, she should take off those days. Man, its just shit like that. Theres more shit but I dont feel like typing about it. Maybe Im whining. But when you have a son that plays LL baseball and football and plays games on the weekends, mostly Saturdays, its enough to piss you off. And now only getting a Saturday if you take a personal day? And thats if no one has picked that day as their day off? No thanks. Im finished with this place. Can I get an 'Amen'? Im done bitching.
Pp
SICK-N-TIRED

Oakland, CA

#5160 Jan 14, 2011
THE LAW wrote:
<quoted text>
Do your part as an American..........
We are now also clueing in the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) to all suspected illegals that work, plus their employers if we know of them. The IRS takes very unkindly to the employers especially that seek to evade taxes by paying cash for daywork type labor, which is common at construction sites, lawn services and some factories. Their fraud/criminal investigations number is ONE, EIGHT HUNDRED, EIGHT, TWO, NINE, ZERO, FOUR, THREE, THREE. nationwide. USE IT. They can be more effective than the INS in many cases and will do the investigative work, then if they uncover illegals will contact the INS who will come in at the end, make the arrests and take the credit. The employers however usually can't run and they take the big hit.
You may also call. TWO, ONE, FOUR, NINE ZERO FIVE, FIVE, EIGHT, ZERO, SEVEN Dallas office, for Eastern Texas.
Please remember if you know their work place it is also illegal for the employer to work them so you must turn in that employer also.
PLEASE CALL THIS NUMBER IF YOU SUSPECT SOMEONE OF BEING ILLEGAL AND HAVE DECENT FACTS. ONE, EIGHT HUNDRED, EIGHT, TWO, NINE, ZERO, FOUR, THREE, THREE.
Well good thing u dont liven in california the state that u cant have a rifle or a handgun that holds more than ten rnds and everything cost more gasoline one gallon of the cheap87 octane cost $3.45 and average 1 bed appartment cost $1200.00 a month and my $19.00 a year motorcycle insurance just went up to $69.00,so if u are makein $17.00
prem tech

Saint Louis, MO

#5161 Jan 16, 2011
Mor2me wrote:
The Primise tech job in florida is not union it is contracted out becouse the union would not deal with the company wanting to pay so little.
I agree I just completed training last week. They expect tons for a modest compensation. Max salary is $20.01 per hour. can't wait to get time and title so I can move on to an inside desk job.
Interested

United States

#5162 Jan 16, 2011
prem tech wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree I just completed training last week. They expect tons for a modest compensation. Max salary is $20.01 per hour. can't wait to get time and title so I can move on to an inside desk job.
What desk job? There is no desk job that you can move to. You do not have a contract yet. But one will be coming soon

Since: Nov 09

Philadelphia, PA

#5163 Jan 16, 2011
prem tech wrote:
<quoted text>
Sadly, the only move you will likely make with the company down the road is to find another job. Just telling you like it is.
Hating my job

Jefferson, GA

#5164 Jan 17, 2011
Active-duty Marine wrote:
I recently applied to, and was offered, to test for the job of AT&T Premise Technician. I have served four faithful and honorable years in the Marine Corp as an infantryman. All I hear about this job are negative things. Most of the people venting the negativity are either young, young-minded, or both. I've noticed this generation I have grown up with is spoiled to the point of being made trifling, sorry, and lazy. Now, I am only 25 years old, but I am a grown ass man, and understand what it means to work and be about my business, and, in my case, provider for my family. Why all the negativity? You must start somewhere. I need an employee of AT&T, preferably a Premise Technician, to give me the downright scoop on the job and its tasks and responsibilities. I am damned near dead from reading all the negativity about a job that has the potential to feed, cloth, and house my family! Will a real man or woman, a truly mature man or woman please stand up???
Did you get your job as a PT
7 days left to know if we get Union in the SE
History

Jacksonville, FL

#5165 Jan 17, 2011
Hating my job wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you get your job as a PT
7 days left to know if we get Union in the SE
He did.

But was terminated after a couple of months.

Said he got a better job shortly thereafter...
7-10 days til union

United States

#5166 Jan 17, 2011
To 7 days til no if got a union. The time table is 7-10 days from the date Triple A receives the cards to verify signatures and cards. After that it will be posted for 45 days to see if the company challenges the cards then it's off to bargaining a contract
memphisprem2

Memphis, TN

#5167 Jan 18, 2011
NashvillePT wrote:
Vince, glad you got out. There are PTs leaving this company every day. We've lost three in our work center within a month. All finding better jobs. The economy is getting better so companies are starting hire again. Once its rebounded even more, people will be jumping this sinking ship. It will be hard for ATT to find more "humps" to do this shitty job, installing this shitty service. I used to like the job okay but due to recent events like losing Saturdays off after working a Sunday was the final straw for me. They wanna make out like they are all about friends and family. So what do they do? Take away your Saturday off after working a Sunday. Now you get like Wed and Thurs off instead. Thanks AT&T! My wife works a real job and is off on the weekends. Looks like if she wants to spend time with her husband, she should take off those days. Man, its just shit like that. Theres more shit but I dont feel like typing about it. Maybe Im whining. But when you have a son that plays LL baseball and football and plays games on the weekends, mostly Saturdays, its enough to piss you off. And now only getting a Saturday if you take a personal day? And thats if no one has picked that day as their day off? No thanks. Im finished with this place. Can I get an 'Amen'? Im done bitching.
Amen. i work in memphis and we have lost 5 people in our crew in less than 6 months. this job sucks and then they add on some of there management BS everyday somehow the person that has never been a prem tech knows how to do this job better than me.
Volare

Concord, NC

#5168 Jan 20, 2011
1st step complete. We got the numbers here in the SE for Union. Should be another week to ratify, then 45 days to have any disputed cards all finalized. If the company knows whats good for them this will go smoothly. Their getting hammered with retention rates. If this is the way they think of holding on to employees, I don't think they really feel that great about this product. Getting the union equals stability, hopefully more money and the rest that goes with a traditional good telephone-union contract.
Spliced sd

San Jose, CA

#5169 Jan 21, 2011
I have worked for att for 14 years and the job is great. Att management is not so good. The big problem is with upper management most of the local people are ok. They have to do some dumb stuff but that because the uppers make them. I have never been a perm tech but work with them all the time. The job seems good and if they ever let techs move up to other positions it will be a great starting Position. You will work hard and the money's not the best but overtime helps a lot. I&R and construction (core) do make better money and are treated better so that's where you want to be. A lot of techs working in those areas will be retiring in the net 5 years so I hope they open up positions. The work is great and management could be better. I hope it changes soon last year was the w
Whatever

Wichita, KS

#5170 Jan 21, 2011
You really think the union is going to help you? We have the CWA here and they do nothing....PTs work twice as hard? I&R and construction get treated better? Who are you trying to kid? It don't matter what work you do for this company, all outside techs are treated the same. Like "S H I T". This company has micro-managed thousands, thousands of customer to go somewhere else. No outside tech gets treated better than the other. When an I&R or construction tech retires, they don't fill the position. Here, the PTs aren't going to get to transfer into one of those spots....AT&T wants you to think you will....but not here. PTs aren't protected the same as the I&R and construction crews....a clause in the contract won't allow it. PTs do work their butts off for crappy pay. And it sucks that the CWA lets AT&T do what they want. Stay away.....as far away as possible....no matter how much you do, they will always want more and AT&T will insult you for it.
rapper

Jonesboro, GA

#5171 Jan 21, 2011
NashvillePT wrote:
I cant wait to quit. I hate the company and the atheists who run it. The numbers the make you try to achieve. Blaming you for equipment failures. By blaming I mean counting repeats due to equipment failure against you. The PT position is nothing but dog shit on the bottom of ATT's shoes. There is no future in the PT position. Management? That job is worse than the PT's. You cant move around in the company. It just sucks. The union is supposed to be working on something here. They have til the 17th from my understanding but no one has heard anything. Union reps arent getting any info out us. If they are working on something they should let us know whats going on. This is probably just a demonstration of how the CWA conducts their business. Who knows. Who cares. Im so over this company. Fuck this place.

Go here for updates about the Prem tech organizing campaign.

http://www.cwa3204.org/pages/organizing.html
South east prem tech

Saint Simons Island, GA

#5172 Jan 23, 2011
Just finished my training. Buy they don't have trucks does us so we are driving our own cars and following other techs and working with them. Oh no tools either plus our toughbooks are not able to get logged in to. This is going to be an interesting job.
7-10 days til union

Brea, CA

#5173 Jan 23, 2011
South east prem tech wrote:
Just finished my training. Buy they don't have trucks does us so we are driving our own cars and following other techs and working with them. Oh no tools either plus our toughbooks are not able to get logged in to. This is going to be an interesting job.
Where are you? City and state please and location?
RJINW

Mount Pleasant, SC

#5174 Jan 24, 2011
South east prem tech wrote:
Youll get junked vans from other places patched back together.
South east prem tech

Saint Simons Island, GA

#5175 Jan 24, 2011
Ok, one day done with. I have seen some crazy things. I was in a truck all day with a smoker. My lungs hurt. I hear they found some vans for us in fl for us. Just don't know when they will get to us. Hopefully not until we get tools. Waiting to see what Wesley is going to do.

Since: Jan 11

Gurnee, IL

#5176 Jan 25, 2011
How many of you went live your 2nd week out of training?
Orestes

Lynn, MA

#5177 Jan 26, 2011
I was hired for the premises tech position in district 3 last month but 3 days before my training started they called to tell me that I couldn't have the position since I was an employee of at&t mobility and I haven't been off the at&t payroll for 6 months!! Now I am completely unemployed because I had already quit my other position! Has anyone heard of this before? Has anyone transferred positions within at&t? Any info is greatly appreciated, iam having a lawyer look into this!
Possible PT

Rahway, NJ

#5178 Jan 26, 2011
Orestes wrote:
I was hired for the premises tech position in district 3 last month but 3 days before my training started they called to tell me that I couldn't have the position since I was an employee of at&t mobility and I haven't been off the at&t payroll for 6 months!! Now I am completely unemployed because I had already quit my other position! Has anyone heard of this before? Has anyone transferred positions within at&t? Any info is greatly appreciated, iam having a lawyer look into this!
Sorry to hear this...
I've read about the 6 month policy somewhere...that being said you would think they would have caught that earlier in the hiring process. Good luck!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dallas Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
joshua wayne bevill (Oct '10) 9 hr Big Tex 47
Pizza Hut Needs to get back with online Applicants 10 hr Wow 18
Election Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) Fri Farting 945
What Rick Perry Won't Tell You Fri Legal Worker 1
Add A Word Drop A Word (Nov '12) Fri Pennie Lane 1,276
Election Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) Thu Farting 766
anyone in Dallas looking to help people Jul 29 kimbo263 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Dallas Mortgages