The33

Mountain City, TN

#450 May 2, 2008
Anyone know how many prem techs they were looking for and if more training sessions will start after this week in St. Louis. I did pretty good on the tests and interview on april 28th but havent heard anything back yet.
CA PremTech Maybe

Santa Monica, CA

#451 May 2, 2008
There's a ton of postings on this, so I'm just putting a quick question out...anyone from California doing the job, and if so...are you getting a lot of overtime?

Since: May 08

Montgomery, AL

#453 May 3, 2008
I just got hired as a Prem Tech in Dallas Ga. I start May 23 (orintation&school. I have 30+years in the field doing everything from CO to pbx I/R mostly pbx I/R. I'm nmot sweating any of the small stuff as far as field work. I'm just wondering what to expect as far as the job itself. I.E. Is it a completely new work center is it established and what kind of hour and benifits. I can't get a straight answer from The h.r. people at att Thxs for any and all info.
Tim

Houma, LA

#454 May 3, 2008
Does anyone know the specifics of the new orleans area? i.e. where you train, wages, hours, or anything else
ATT Newb

Modesto, CA

#455 May 4, 2008
I wen to the testing in Oakland on April 1st. On Friday I got a call with a job offer. I go to the drug test physical thing on Monday, and orientation is on Friday. The recruiter I spoke to said this position is exempt, meaning no overtime pay. I was under the impression that was illegal in California, that all overtime had to be paid. Anyone working this job in Cali that can comment?

Montgomery, AL

#456 May 4, 2008
ATT Newb wrote:
I wen to the testing in Oakland on April 1st. On Friday I got a call with a job offer. I go to the drug test physical thing on Monday, and orientation is on Friday. The recruiter I spoke to said this position is exempt, meaning no overtime pay. I was under the impression that was illegal in California, that all overtime had to be paid. Anyone working this job in Cali that can comment?

Iwas under the impression thata anything over 40 hr. a week is overtime per federal law. I haven't of anywhere else that they are not paying O.T.. But they maynot be paying premium because it's not union. I.E. Aything over 8 hr. in a day or Sundays
Green Bay Prem Tech

United States

#457 May 4, 2008
Anyone in Wisconsin (Green Bay/Fox Valley Area) who has heard a starting date for orientation/training?
Eric Los Angeles

La Habra, CA

#458 May 5, 2008
Just got the e-mail to fill out all the application and paperwork before the testing for the premises technician. I'm a 20 year old looking to start a career, with really little to no experience other then computer skills. I've been hearing a lot of bad things about this job, but I'm willing to give it a go, and see where I end up. Someone mentioned that you'd be training out of state, is this true and for how long would you be out of state?
Charlie WPB

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#459 May 5, 2008
I just got through reading the 400+ post and my image of ATT has totally changed. I was all excited about the Premise Tech job and now I'm having second thoughts. I work with another telecom company now and am getting raped (eg; lack of any benefits, 9 hour days 6 days a week, boss is a total a$$, and new coworkers making it even more difficult,not to mention a total exploitation of my talents without the corresponding $$$). Anyone work in the west palm beach,fl area that can give me some insight? I have the computer test tomorrow, should I expect anything else ?? I heard some people saying they had a customer service interview right after the test. I'm kinda freaking out now so any help is greatly appreciated.

Montgomery, AL

#460 May 5, 2008
Charlie WPB wrote:
I just got through reading the 400+ post and my image of ATT has totally changed. I was all excited about the Premise Tech job and now I'm having second thoughts. I work with another telecom company now and am getting raped (eg; lack of any benefits, 9 hour days 6 days a week, boss is a total a$$, and new coworkers making it even more difficult,not to mention a total exploitation of my talents without the corresponding $$$). Anyone work in the west palm beach,fl area that can give me some insight? I have the computer test tomorrow, should I expect anything else ?? I heard some people saying they had a customer service interview right after the test. I'm kinda freaking out now so any help is greatly appreciated.
It's all very simple. The computer test is as basic as it can get and the customer service interview is just about 4 or 5 questions where you will apply past expirences where you have had to deal with an angry cust. or would deal with one. Just listen to the interviewer and answer all parts of the question asked. Good Luck
Charlie WPB

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#461 May 5, 2008
wos777 wrote:
<quoted text>It's all very simple. The computer test is as basic as it can get and the customer service interview is just about 4 or 5 questions where you will apply past expirences where you have had to deal with an angry cust. or would deal with one. Just listen to the interviewer and answer all parts of the question asked. Good Luck
Well I have been working customer service for about 2 years now and we have plenty of angry customers so I'm sure I will be fine and as far as the computer test, I practically build and program computers in my sleep. But I'm a bit more at ease now...

and pardon the dumb question, but is the training ATT provides PAID? If so, is it at your regular rate or less?
Sam Samady

Alameda, CA

#462 May 5, 2008
I'm still waiting for that phone call from AT&T. It's been over a month since they said they will call me. Wonder how much longer it will take. Premise Technician sounds better by the day. Don't really know if i should call them and tell them that i will take the premise tech job or if i should continue to wait for the splicing tech job. Any suggestions? Is it worth the wait?

Since: Mar 08

Detroit, MI

#463 May 5, 2008
Sam Samady wrote:
I'm still waiting for that phone call from AT&T. It's been over a month since they said they will call me. Wonder how much longer it will take. Premise Technician sounds better by the day. Don't really know if i should call them and tell them that i will take the premise tech job or if i should continue to wait for the splicing tech job. Any suggestions? Is it worth the wait?
im waiting too. youre most likely waiting because the job doesnt start yet, and the recruitment process isnt done enough to where they can get something going. atleast thats what it is in my case. because i sent emails, and called.
Charlie WPB

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#464 May 5, 2008
I have been all over the web today....at least 4 different forums and they ALL say that premise tech job sucks. One guy even said his dog could get the job but he wouldnt want the dog to suffer. Thats very discouraging.

Montgomery, AL

#465 May 5, 2008
Charlie WPB wrote:
<quoted text>
Well I have been working customer service for about 2 years now and we have plenty of angry customers so I'm sure I will be fine and as far as the computer test, I practically build and program computers in my sleep. But I'm a bit more at ease now...
and pardon the dumb question, but is the training ATT provides PAID? If so, is it at your regular rate or less?
your training pay is at your hired rate. if you have to go out of town for training you will get comp. for hotel and meal and might get a a little bit for being out of town
Ricky

Burlingame, CA

#466 May 5, 2008
I was really excited to have had an opportunity to get my foot in the door to work for ATT as a prem tech, but after reading all these posts i'd have to agree that it is discouraging. I took the tests and interview so am waiting to hear from them. My assumption is that they won't need new hires till june so i'll just sit tight. is there anyone in california working as a prem. tech that can shed some light on work schedules and upper management?
Charlie WPB

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#467 May 5, 2008
can anyone tell if this specific job is permanent or temp??

Job Field Installation & Maintenance/ Repair / Construction
Locations FL-Lake Worth
Organization Southeast
Schedule Full-time
Employee Status Regular
Charlie WPB

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#468 May 6, 2008
I did the computer test this morning...what a joke!

The test was set for 8:00am, the sheet said to show up a half hour early so I was there at 7:30 sharp. The guy made me sign a login sheet and some sort of disclaimer,and put all my personal belongings (cell phone,wallet,watch...) in a locker.

and now for the kicker.....I was the first one there so they let me test right away,I sat down at 7:40 and literally was done by 7:47. What kind of stupid test is that?! My ferret could have done it. I guess its like the anti-idiot test to filter out the stupid people....but still,that was weak.

Waiting until saturday to take the Technical/Mechanical Test. Lets hope that one takes actual brain cells.
delta88

Edison, NJ

#469 May 6, 2008
Charlie: I'm an applicant for the same job and location as you. It is a regular permanent job. I took the computer test Saturday and am taking the TMTF or whatever it is, Thursday.

I took these tests last year at a different AT&T company (SNET)--I thought the TMTF was pretty easy, but of the 10 guys that showed up only 2 passed--me and one other guy. Basically it consists of, you read a passage then answer a question on what you just read (and you can look back), select the next graphic/number in a pattern, etc.

The reason I didn't get the job was the customer service interview, I choked and and didn't really come up with quality answers. See here for advice on that interview: http://www.interviewmastery.com/newsletters.c...
Charlie WPB

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#470 May 6, 2008
is the customer service interview right after the Technical/Mechanical Test or do I have to schedule it?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dallas Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Add A Word Drop A Word (Nov '12) 13 hr _Zoey_ 1,234
News ICE Director Saldana faces protests at Dallas m... 18 hr wild child 1
John Wiley Price 20 hr Yep 2
Youth Dance and Drumline Auditions (DFW) May 22 LoveDance24 1
andy griffith show is communist propaganda (Aug '07) May 20 skyy1985 85
Election Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) May 20 Banfartos 708
Election Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) May 19 Fartdog 843
More from around the web

Dallas People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]