AT&T Premises Technician Pay?...
cabledogOC714

Los Angeles, CA

#2582 Aug 27, 2009
Thanks ballsack, yea I called the person who contacted me about my work history and asked if they knew the status of my application. I will give you potential new hires some advice. DONT CALL AND ASK THE STATUS OF YOUR APP!! They get pissed and just tell you to wait for their call. She probably put me on the barred list because she sounded pretty upset. I just thanked her for her time and apologized if I was being a nuisance but I explained to her I was hungry for this job. She said so is a thousand other applicants are also! Well we'll see what happens from here. Thanks everyone who responded to me. YOU GUYS ROCK!!! I still be on here from time to time so let's just hang in there future AT&T techs. WOOP WOOP!!!
di di

Crossville, TN

#2583 Aug 28, 2009
does anyone know what tn premis teck pay is. my husband is in the hiring process, we live in a small town in tn and the economy is horrid, and the job he has now is deplorable and so is the pay, despite comments here, im really hoping this job will help our family. thanks
Craig

Mableton, GA

#2584 Aug 28, 2009
cabledogOC714 wrote:
Thanks ballsack, yea I called the person who contacted me about my work history and asked if they knew the status of my application. I will give you potential new hires some advice. DONT CALL AND ASK THE STATUS OF YOUR APP!! They get pissed and just tell you to wait for their call. She probably put me on the barred list because she sounded pretty upset. I just thanked her for her time and apologized if I was being a nuisance but I explained to her I was hungry for this job. She said so is a thousand other applicants are also! Well we'll see what happens from here. Thanks everyone who responded to me. YOU GUYS ROCK!!! I still be on here from time to time so let's just hang in there future AT&T techs. WOOP WOOP!!!
Wow. Don't know if they have been instructed to act like that, but that lady sounds like a bitch, imo.
Howdy

Jacksonville, FL

#2585 Aug 28, 2009
di di wrote:
does anyone know what tn premis teck pay is. my husband is in the hiring process, we live in a small town in tn and the economy is horrid, and the job he has now is deplorable and so is the pay, despite comments here, im really hoping this job will help our family. thanks
$9.00 to $15.00 depending on experience
cabledogOC714

Rockbridge, OH

#2586 Aug 28, 2009
hey di di! I use to live in Shelbyville TN!! Now i am back in CALI. I LOVE TN!! But then again nothing beats my home in CALI!
Payrate

Houston, TX

#2587 Aug 28, 2009
Howdy is no longer correct.

New contracts are coming in to effect in different districts. D4 so far has gotten the biggest base pay increase.(3.25 at all levels)

D6, D3, and D1 still don't have contracts. D9 only has a tentative.

Don't listen to old posts here on the pay rates! They are changing and we won't know for sure until everyone has a contract.
Who Me

United States

#2588 Aug 28, 2009
cabledogOC714 wrote:
That sounds like Gloria.
She's just that way.
Don't take it personal.
stl future worker

Trenton, NJ

#2589 Aug 28, 2009
CAN SOMEONE PLEAAAASSSSSEEEEEEE HELP ME OUT??????!!!!

I live in st. Louis, mo and I took my tmft II test back towards the beginning of july. I passed my test and haven't heard anything back from the company since. After looking through numerous posts on here day after day after day(literally), I saw that att contacts you about a physical/drug test then you have to go to training. I won't have a problem with either 1 of those and I'm not concerned with all the negativity about the job as well. I'm only 24 years old and I'm willing to do whatever I can to be better in the workplace. People have their own individual opinion about the company, and once I get in I will eventually form my own.

I know this is a dallas forum. But I haven't seen any other forums like this pertaining to my area(st. Louis). I have a baby on the way within a matter of days and I really need/want to start this job asap. I work a part time job currently, but child support from a previous child takes nearly half of each paycheck. so if it wasn't for my girlfriend living with me I don't know what I'd be doing.

I called the hr department a few weeks ago and she told me a new training class would be starting "next month" (september). I know there have been people waiting for a call from att for almost a year. Should I call back to hr and bother them about this upcoming training class or just sit back and bite on my fingernails waiting for them to call me??
Traveler36

Opa Locka, FL

#2590 Aug 29, 2009
I recently took the Technical/Mechanical Test - Field II this week for Premise Tech and PASSED. The test center gave me a printout that says Congratulations your :Qualified.

I've been reading the post and many say they were prompted about what pay scale they would receive after the test or if they tested well enough for a higher position.

Did your test outcome just say Qualified or something else to those who passed the test?
Traveler36

Opa Locka, FL

#2591 Aug 29, 2009
Also forgot to add. Whats the physical like???

Last physical I had the doctor touched my balls to check for lumps(lol),drew blood,stuck my tongue out,checked heart beat,took deep breaths.

I dont want AT&T doing all that or is it just a physical to check to see if you can lift stuff without hurting yourself and possible suing AT&T...??
cabledogOC714

Woodland Hills, CA

#2592 Aug 29, 2009
hey STL FUTURE WORKER!! check my post in the middle of this page! That should answer your question!
stl future worker

Trenton, NJ

#2593 Aug 29, 2009
cabledogOC714 wrote:
hey STL FUTURE WORKER!! check my post in the middle of this page! That should answer your question!
So I guess that means hust wait it out????:-(
Traveler36

Opa Locka, FL

#2594 Aug 29, 2009
I recently took the Technical/Mechanical Test - Field II this week for Premise Tech and PASSED. The test center gave me a printout that says Congratulations your :Qualified.

I've been reading the post and many say they were prompted about what pay scale they would receive after the test or if they tested well enough for a higher position.

Did your test outcome just say Qualified or something else to those who passed the test?

Also what is the physical like??
Holysmokes - Jax PT

Jacksonville, FL

#2595 Aug 29, 2009
Traveler36 wrote:
Also what is the physical like??
Hello:
See my notes from page 44 of this blog from September 2008.
Physical and Drug test. here is what I remember:
* The drug test was a piss test. no big deal.
* The Physical was a series of general health questions, followed by 4 tests:
1 - 14 situps in 60 seconds.(I did them in 30)
2 - Simultaneously lift two hand-weights, one in each hand, 4 times each, while squatting down to knee level, and then rising back to full height. The total "weight" was changed each of the 4 times, from: 20 lbs, 40 lbs, 60 lbs, and then 80 lbs.
3 - lay on your stomach and hold your upper body, and then legs, a foot off the groud for 10 seconds each.
4 - lay on your back, and hold your feet in the air for 10 seconds.
That was it. Nothing more. I was told that I passed the physical, and that the drug test would be sent to a lab.
Traveler36

Opa Locka, FL

#2596 Aug 29, 2009
Holysmokes - Jax PT wrote:
<quoted text>
Hello:
See my notes from page 44 of this blog from September 2008.
Physical and Drug test. here is what I remember:
* The drug test was a piss test. no big deal.
* The Physical was a series of general health questions, followed by 4 tests:
1 - 14 situps in 60 seconds.(I did them in 30)
2 - Simultaneously lift two hand-weights, one in each hand, 4 times each, while squatting down to knee level, and then rising back to full height. The total "weight" was changed each of the 4 times, from: 20 lbs, 40 lbs, 60 lbs, and then 80 lbs.
3 - lay on your stomach and hold your upper body, and then legs, a foot off the groud for 10 seconds each.
4 - lay on your back, and hold your feet in the air for 10 seconds.
That was it. Nothing more. I was told that I passed the physical, and that the drug test would be sent to a lab.
Thanks for the info.
Strong in SA

San Antonio, TX

#2597 Aug 29, 2009
PairTwister wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not an "it is what it is" bend over and accept it flake, I have more than that running through my veins, it really sickens me that so many write the bad off to make it sound acceptable by using the laime phrase, it is what it is, by the way did AT&T look at crafts proposal and say ok, it is what is is? I logged more hours in union halls than you have clocked in working period, Show the positives, Being Perm? Thats Bullshit With pip and harrassment you are always still one step from the door, And Being Term or being perm makes a shit of difference if your in a cesspool, Whoever sold you the contract in a way that has you warm and fuzzy should be selling swamp land in florida, You should have voted No, and stuck with that. see Ya , Oh By the way write and post back 3 years from now, PS Thanks CWA For Shit!
...I agree with Pair!!!!!!!!..Techs who say it is what it is sound more like Managers. The last 3 years Ive been workin in Uverse, and all ive heard is it is what it is....Please people...don't you realize the company wants us to pay for health care when we haven't had to. Why because not the UNION but the MEMBERS RATIFIED THE D4 CONTRACT. D9 do the right thing...hold out...give us a chance...D6 understands what is at stake and is behind you u, but don't sell out. The company wants to take take take take...wake up people...for every action there is a negative reaction...
cabledogOC714

United States

#2598 Aug 29, 2009
I just signed into my career account and it said "Resume Acknowledged". Anyone know what that means? Is that a good sign of getting hired?
stl future worker

Trenton, NJ

#2599 Aug 29, 2009
cabledogOC714 wrote:
I just signed into my career account and it said "Resume Acknowledged". Anyone know what that means? Is that a good sign of getting hired?
How do you sign into a career account?? Where can I find it??
cabledogOC714

United States

#2600 Aug 30, 2009
go to att jobs, dont forget the dot. go to a job like your gonna apply for it. when you click apply you'll see something on the top right corner that says sign in. sign in using your user name and password for when you first applied for the job. then look in your job cart. it will show you the "status" of your application. I hope this may help you a little!
The Unions

Oceanside, CA

#2601 Aug 30, 2009
Strong in SA wrote:
<quoted text>...I agree with Pair!!!!!!!!..Techs who say it is what it is sound more like Managers. The last 3 years Ive been workin in Uverse, and all ive heard is it is what it is....Please people...don't you realize the company wants us to pay for health care when we haven't had to. Why because not the UNION but the MEMBERS RATIFIED THE D4 CONTRACT. D9 do the right thing...hold out...give us a chance...D6 understands what is at stake and is behind you u, but don't sell out. The company wants to take take take take...wake up people...for every action there is a negative reaction...
The Appendixes most Prem Techs are under, do two things. One, it Gives the Unions the chance to collect dues, and two, not have to do a damn thing for Prem Techs in the process. Every Prem Tech I talked to in District 9 has voted no. We got hard working MST'S and ST'S that worked hard to get what they got, and they are not willing to strike for the new guys on the block.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dallas Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Add A Word Drop A Word (Nov '12) 40 min Whiny1 1,238
Congratulations Hilary! 18 hr Monica Lewinsky 13
andy griffith show is communist propaganda (Aug '07) 18 hr Gomer 86
News ICE Director Saldana faces protests at Dallas m... Tue wild child 1
John Wiley Price Mon Yep 2
Youth Dance and Drumline Auditions (DFW) May 22 LoveDance24 1
Election Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) May 20 Banfartos 708
More from around the web

Dallas People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]