AT&T Premises Technician Pay?...
PairTwister

AOL

#2562 Aug 23, 2009
District 9 Flunkee wrote:
<quoted text>If it should intrest you I did vote no, that still doesn't mean this is something that can't be built on. Sorry about your abused childhood, you can get counseling for that sort of thing. Also nobody at my garage has ever been fired over PIP. Sorry to disappoint you.
Still cant accept the facts, no of course they wont fire you about PIP, Thats just to terrorize, and intimidate and harrass you, I guess you take that as "it is what it is" speaking of a neglected childhood thats just what you have here as they way they watch every move and threaten with numbers, so the childhood thing is well aclamated to a PT!, seems your breathing amongst it, Thats they way your treated and wont even see it, You Voted no, well that may be ok, but there is no building on whats happened, and if you think it gets better, your in for a rude awakening, obvious you havent been around very long, I hate to tell you it gets worse, so Rush But dont speed, work faster and be thankful your working, heres your health insurance, and dont get sick, heres your raise, but dont spend it on a lunch break cause your not getting one! I get exactly where your coming from WOW? Oh By the way... Thans CWA for SHIT.
PairTwister

AOL

#2563 Aug 23, 2009
Who Me wrote:
<quoted text>
OK Reality check!
I agree with you D9F, Being at the union hall for the meeting gave you a perspective of what CWA worked hard to get. They are not happy with the contract either but they felt this was the best they could get. There were a lot of things the company was trying to take back but the union did fight and keep many things for us.
I feel bad you guys did not get a descent raise because you work hard and deserve it for all the crap you do and have to put up with in this job.
Please do use the Horizons training and now that you have your foot in the door use it to move up and out of the prem tech job. It is now considered an entry level job. So after 30 long months in the job get into auts.
And to Pair Twister:<quoted text>
If you think you could have done better why the hell aren't you as CWA Stewart in there whipping ATT'S ass ?
One more thing. If the contract is voted down the company can take everything off the table and begin bargaining again for the very beginning.
Or they can implement the contract as is.
Then we would have to choose to go out on strike.
The chances are we would be out for months and we would probably end up with the same or worse contract. In this climate of unemployment and layoff with other companies we would not have any public support. We would be the ones who looked stupid and greedy.
Again, yes the contract sucks. You guys deserved better. ATT won some on this round. And CWA did work their asses off for what they got. Our District 9 president was gone for over 5 months away from his family.
FYI
A Steward has no leverage of any contract bargaining negotiations whatsoever I been there for years and always pushed hard, with that out of the way, the union did not get the best deal, they were offered this deal, I will tell you that the lack of media, TV Newspaper, and Job actions did not exist, A strike is the last mode and the most effective mode to hurt the company, and it would have hit the company hard and sure, remember, when on strike you just dont collect UE, your out there in huge numbers surrounding scabs at X Boxes, At every driveway apron, Picketing and causing lots of media and instilling fear, Blocking scabs, and holding down business. you think its business as usual for att during a strike? NO WAY They feel it and they feel it hard, Let Numb Nuts Mgmt do the job while we picket them, let the scabs try to do it, the public will not stand for simple minded scab techs with their heads up their ass, no way no how would there be any production without us, The strike would have been so effective I do not think any one realizes, I lived through many, and they work!, and have struck for far much less co greed, Att Would have had to hire 3rd rate employees by the pound, would have had the company by the balls,It takes a lot for att to brace for a strike, and when one actually hits, it does a lot of effective damage and we would have shown that we always did and still do mean business. and if it means that we may lose in a strike, well it is what it is, remember you came on in a closed union shop, and thats the fact, otherwise find a job at the local non union home depot, so with that in mind we most fight and fight hard for everything we want, not what att wants, and if we dont get it and lose well thats the breaks, at least we fought & Damn Hard! but that credibility has now been lost, unfortunatly we allowed a precedent to be set here and not a good one, watch next contract, They got their filty hands in our pockets for health, and next time you think they will take them out?, no, they will go deeper until they squeeze tour balls until their blue
District 9 Flunkee

Oceanside, CA

#2564 Aug 23, 2009
PairTwister wrote:
<quoted text>
Still cant accept the facts, no of course they wont fire you about PIP, Thats just to terrorize, and intimidate and harrass you, I guess you take that as "it is what it is" speaking of a neglected childhood thats just what you have here as they way they watch every move and threaten with numbers, so the childhood thing is well aclamated to a PT!, seems your breathing amongst it, Thats they way your treated and wont even see it, You Voted no, well that may be ok, but there is no building on whats happened, and if you think it gets better, your in for a rude awakening, obvious you havent been around very long, I hate to tell you it gets worse, so Rush But dont speed, work faster and be thankful your working, heres your health insurance, and dont get sick, heres your raise, but dont spend it on a lunch break cause your not getting one! I get exactly where your coming from WOW? Oh By the way... Thans CWA for SHIT.
Ok, Sorry to disappoint you again, at my garage they don't harass, intimidate or terrorize us. Also if you let your Manager know ahead of time they make sure you don't get stuck out late that day if you have something planned. Looks like you might need to stand up for your self at your garage, if your being pushed around to that degree. I've 2 years as a Prem Tech, so I've seen quite a bit. We should have got at least $2 or $3 more a hour, I'll give you that. If you think you can get it elsewhere cut out - I would if it was there, and don't think I'm not always looking.
PairTwister

AOL

#2565 Aug 23, 2009
District 9 Flunkee wrote:
<quoted text>Ok, Sorry to disappoint you again, at my garage they don't harass, intimidate or terrorize us. Also if you let your Manager know ahead of time they make sure you don't get stuck out late that day if you have something planned. Looks like you might need to stand up for your self at your garage, if your being pushed around to that degree. I've 2 years as a Prem Tech, so I've seen quite a bit. We should have got at least $2 or $3 more a hour, I'll give you that. If you think you can get it elsewhere cut out - I would if it was there, and don't think I'm not always looking.
Best Of Luck.
Pair changer

Atlanta, GA

#2566 Aug 23, 2009
Ok I'm done visiting this site for good. My wife spent three hours today getting a virus off this computer. I logged on came straight to this site and it popped up again. It's a virus that tells you you have a virus. I'm sure you'll all get it or have it . She googled it and cleaned it up. Guess I'm gonna do it now. Anyway Peace. Prem tech is a decent job. One day it's good and the next is hell. Might be a good job in the future guess we'll see. Later this site has a Virus.
PairTwister

AOL

#2567 Aug 23, 2009
What? is eveyone leaving, this place is not fun anymore... Oh By the way Thanks CWA for SHIT!
tired in socal

Vista, CA

#2568 Aug 23, 2009
d-4 & d-6=hosed/stupid gave up everything for 3.25 upfront raise(even the drop have fun @ pole climbing school and no raise from here on out)connect tech & geek squad all @ price cutting cost.... way to take one for the team..... not

d-9 made the best out of the worst situation now I know it's an entry level position.. appendix E stays with pt's title but pt's can shed it & gain core/craft appendix with new title....

still voted no .... but it won't matter either way....

Since: Jul 09

Lodi, CA

#2569 Aug 24, 2009
Does anybody know if prem techs in california gaff poles and also do we get paid to go to the orentaion.
PairTwister

AOL

#2570 Aug 24, 2009
CALIS BEST TECH wrote:
Does anybody know if prem techs in california gaff poles and also do we get paid to go to the orentaion.
Yes Orientation is paid, At this time no for any pole climbing, I think that the door is open for that to happen, but do not have any details
tired in socal

Vista, CA

#2571 Aug 24, 2009
PairTwister wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes Orientation is paid, At this time no for any pole climbing, I think that the door is open for that to happen, but do not have any details
if we do we better get paid $$$
T in Zoo

Plainwell, MI

#2572 Aug 24, 2009
tired in so cal wrote:
<quoted text>
if we do we better get paid $$$
They don't pay you anymore than what the contract says, you climb poles or your fired period.
tired in socal

Vista, CA

#2573 Aug 24, 2009
T in Zoo wrote:
<quoted text>
They don't pay you anymore than what the contract says, you climb poles or your fired period.
wrong that's in your district
stl future worker

Florissant, MO

#2574 Aug 24, 2009
could someone tell me if there is a forum like this for the st. louis, mo area?? i took my test(passed) a few months ago and im waiting to receive a call back. i just want to know what is the typical starting pay and what the training will be like
mastertech

Silsbee, TX

#2575 Aug 24, 2009
do they watch you during the drug test, or do they close thedoor? Is it on the same day at the same time of the physical? has anyone here passed the dt with a little help? what does the physical consist of?
LA dodger

Atwood, CA

#2576 Aug 24, 2009
So I was exempt from the test..ATT HR manager told us she will call us for customer service Q&A..three weeks now still no phone calls..constructive advice is greatly appreciated folks..
PairTwister

Bakersfield, CA

#2577 Aug 24, 2009
mastertech wrote:
do they watch you during the drug test, or do they close thedoor? Is it on the same day at the same time of the physical? has anyone here passed the dt with a little help? what does the physical consist of?
In a closed bathroom is the urine test for drugs, once they offer you a job, you have windoe of a specific time to go down for the physical, and drug test, usually they try to get you there the same day or early the next day, the PT aspect is doing 15 sit ups in 30 seconds and lifting 80 lbs, which is bending down and lifting a box with 20# weights then sqating them back down then a lift with another 20 added,, up and down until 80lbs is there, also on a message table they make you lay down and leg lift a certain height to touch the trainers hands for maybe 10 seconds and then lifting you upper body up while laying down again for maybe 10 seconds or so. try to do it without having a big lunch, maybe early will be best., No blood draw.
Ligre

Atwood, CA

#2578 Aug 27, 2009
Let's all work in health care so we could get paid more and enjoy our vacations
Paganismo

Atwood, CA

#2579 Aug 27, 2009
Anyone got some interesting experience as a Prem Tech..I love this job more than I love my neighbors...Ama duh my part as a union brotheren of D9....D9 for life
cabledogOC714

United States

#2580 Aug 27, 2009
Still waiting for some kind of response! I was told to wait for the customer service test. What comes after that? If I get called for it and I pass will I have to wait another 10 years to the next step? I spoke to an AT&T tech the other day, He informed me that the company is going through some kinda transition and the left hand does not know what the right hand is doing. Anyone know what the status is on hiring new prem techs?
Ballsack

Kankakee, IL

#2581 Aug 27, 2009
cable dog, you just have to hold your horses. It can take a month for them to get back to you, but eventually they will.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dallas Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Add A Word Drop A Word (Nov '12) 2 hr GEORGIA 1,444
Ted Cruz should run as a Third Party candidate! 9 hr WarForOil 11
Change A Letter Game (Nov '12) 13 hr _Zoey_ 1,042
Music Thread (Dec '12) Sun Mack 51
Ed Taiwo from Continental Parts May 22 Dave Mason 1
Stop the Illegal Alien Pope Train May 22 WarForOil 32
Eddie Davis - MAB REALTY (Jun '09) May 22 Upset customer 15
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Dallas Mortgages