Jep it

Los Angeles, CA

#2541 Aug 20, 2009
Here in California CWA got Us a Wapping 45 cent raise.... and now we got to fish Coax,speaker cable,and now install direct TV...niceee huh,
Forced OT or get suspended .... Please Vote no on District 9 tentative agreement, all you I&r tech Will get moved to Uverse!!! u'll see..
Jep it

Los Angeles, CA

#2542 Aug 20, 2009
Whats the top pay in your districts or cities??
in California its 20.00 for a prem tech.
cabledogOC714

Hudson, NY

#2543 Aug 21, 2009
Well I went to go take the test and found out I was exempt due to my experience in telco. They said they will call me within 2 weeks for the customer service test. Is that a good sign? They wanted 7 years of work history and you cant miss any dates. That I think was the hardest part of the whole process! Hope to see you techs at the yard soon!
ca future prem tech

Hudson, NY

#2544 Aug 21, 2009
i just wanted to know if the drug test and physical are done on the same day at the same time, or do they send you for drug test then physical on a later day, or vice versa? I am not a druggie just a patient, please dont judge.(prop. 215)

Since: Jul 09

Lodi, CA

#2545 Aug 21, 2009
i just wanted to know if the drug test and physical are done on the same day at the same time, or do they send you for drug test then physical on a later day, or vice versa? I am not a druggie just a patient, please dont judge.(prop. 215)
I took drug and physical on same day took a week to find out results.

Since: Jul 09

Lodi, CA

#2546 Aug 21, 2009
ca future prem tech wrote:

I took drug and physical on same day took a week to find out results.
District 9 Flunkee

Oceanside, CA

#2547 Aug 21, 2009
Jep it wrote:
Here in California CWA got Us a Wapping 45 cent raise.... and now we got to fish Coax,speaker cable,and now install direct TV...niceee huh,
Forced OT or get suspended .... Please Vote no on District 9 tentative agreement, all you I&r tech Will get moved to Uverse!!! u'll see..
You got some of this wrong - Union meeting stated pay raise is 45 cents plus cola =$1.05/ 2nd year .60 cents/ 3rd year 60 cents plus Cola again. Prem Tech's become Perm, and are automatically enrolled in 401k at 3%. Back pay retroactive to April 4th. Health Care, if you choose Kaiser is still fully covered. Any additional duties put on Prem Tech's - pole climbing, speaker wiring etc. has to be visited by the Union for pay allowances. Not great, but we can live with this for the next 3 years I think.
PairTwister

AOL

#2548 Aug 21, 2009
District 9 Flunkee wrote:
<quoted text>You got some of this wrong - Union meeting stated pay raise is 45 cents plus cola =$1.05/ 2nd year .60 cents/ 3rd year 60 cents plus Cola again. Prem Tech's become Perm, and are automatically enrolled in 401k at 3%. Back pay retroactive to April 4th. Health Care, if you choose Kaiser is still fully covered. Any additional duties put on Prem Tech's - pole climbing, speaker wiring etc. has to be visited by the Union for pay allowances. Not great, but we can live with this for the next 3 years I think.
Speak for yourself, Seems we have spotted one of the suck off's that are all for this bullshit, take it and have no backbone, and I am not going to correct, but your info on the way the pay is not correct, just at the least no one will see cola till the last leg of the contract ETC and more, seems like your trying to make dog shit look like ice cream, I say its a piece of shit contract and I CANT LIVE WITH IT FOR THE NEXT THREE YEARS SO GO FIND SOME ONE TO JUMP IN MY GRAVE, Im not sticking around, Lincoln freed the slaves long ago, and I have much more creativity than to be a submissive pawn between the 2 she devils At&t & CWA, OH Thanks again CWA (FOR SHIT)

Since: Aug 09

Mokena, IL

#2550 Aug 22, 2009
Jep it wrote:
Speaker cable??Directv???! So are they starting some type of home theater surround work or something? Now that I think about it in our tentative agreement with IBEW it did say something about home entertainment work. So now theyre getting an I&R tech,a uverse tech, directv tech and a best buy geek squad tech all for the price of half of one tech! Thats ok AT&T keep adding to our long list of responsibilities and keep teaching us different skills to add to our resume.
almost prem tech

Katy, TX

#2551 Aug 22, 2009
Hi-Tech wrote:
<quoted text>
Speaker cable??Directv???! So are they starting some type of home theater surround work or something? Now that I think about it in our tentative agreement with IBEW it did say something about home entertainment work. So now theyre getting an I&R tech,a uverse tech, directv tech and a best buy geek squad tech all for the price of half of one tech! Thats ok AT&T keep adding to our long list of responsibilities and keep teaching us different skills to add to our resume.
That's a heck lot of addition to your 'resume' without addition to your $9.00/hr pay... or at least for the others. You still have to keep up with the time with these additions. I like your positive outlook though.
Ballsack

Kankakee, IL

#2552 Aug 22, 2009
They are already advertising on Chicago radio stations that AT&T Connect Tech will solve all computer and home theater problems even for non customers.

Are you all ready for that giant sandpaper coated cock of death that is about to try and fit itself up our asses? You are correct Hi-Tech, Prem Techs were used as a bargaining chip for the Core guys it seems like, next contract I bet they will tell us we should pay AT&T to work every job in the company at the same time!
District 9 Flunkee

Oceanside, CA

#2553 Aug 22, 2009
PairTwister wrote:
<quoted text>
Speak for yourself, Seems we have spotted one of the suck off's that are all for this bullshit, take it and have no backbone, and I am not going to correct, but your info on the way the pay is not correct, just at the least no one will see cola till the last leg of the contract ETC and more, seems like your trying to make dog shit look like ice cream, I say its a piece of shit contract and I CANT LIVE WITH IT FOR THE NEXT THREE YEARS SO GO FIND SOME ONE TO JUMP IN MY GRAVE, Im not sticking around, Lincoln freed the slaves long ago, and I have much more creativity than to be a submissive pawn between the 2 she devils At&t & CWA, OH Thanks again CWA (FOR SHIT)
Ok See Ya! Just thought you should attend a Union meeting or two, before running off at the mouth without all the facts. Could the contract be better? Hell yes, but it is what it is, and does have some positives. As for being a pawn, trust me your way off on that one.
District 9 Flunkee

Oceanside, CA

#2554 Aug 22, 2009
cabledogOC714 wrote:
Well I went to go take the test and found out I was exempt due to my experience in telco. They said they will call me within 2 weeks for the customer service test. Is that a good sign? They wanted 7 years of work history and you cant miss any dates. That I think was the hardest part of the whole process! Hope to see you techs at the yard soon!
Sounds like your pretty much hired. Struggle through the boring classroom training, most of it is irrevelant anyway. You learn most of what's up doing your ride along training, just make sure you get matched up with a knowledgeable tech. Problem here is they still have to make numbers while training, so they might use you inappropiately instead of training. Just let them know you want to do EVERYTHING, not just cable fitting while they do all the other work etc. Good Luck.
PairTwister

AOL

#2555 Aug 22, 2009
<quoted text>Ok See Ya! Just thought you should attend a Union meeting or two, before running off at the mouth without all the facts. Could the contract be better? Hell yes, but it is what it is, and does have some positives. As for being a pawn, trust me your way off on that one.
I'm not an "it is what it is" bend over and accept it flake, I have more than that running through my veins, it really sickens me that so many write the bad off to make it sound acceptable by using the laime phrase, it is what it is, by the way did AT&T look at crafts proposal and say ok, it is what is is? I logged more hours in union halls than you have clocked in working period, Show the positives, Being Perm? Thats Bullshit With pip and harrassment you are always still one step from the door, And Being Term or being perm makes a shit of difference if your in a cesspool, Whoever sold you the contract in a way that has you warm and fuzzy should be selling swamp land in florida, You should have voted No, and stuck with that. see Ya , Oh By the way write and post back 3 years from now, PS Thanks CWA For Shit!
Ballsack

Kankakee, IL

#2556 Aug 22, 2009
Pair Twister what is wrong with making 20 dollars an hour after 5 years of work?

Other than inflation causing that 20 dollars an hour to be more like 6 dollars an hour?
PairTwister

AOL

#2557 Aug 22, 2009
It should be like the core pay, but then again any amount is a problem with the Prem Tech Tile & now written Job description, After 5 years of a disasterouse mirage down the road reflecting the position it still does not add up to be fair, I just cant see it, the job is run like a ridiculose electronic sweat shop. so after 5 years I am not nowhere sold on it. i really have become disgusted, and I fetch $18.XX an hour already and cant justify what I go through. AT&T at this point is giving away the shop for customers At a pop of $200+ an install alone on rebates, so I mostly see $600 a day go to rebates, Thats $4200 A week for each tech, maybe they sould show a little more respect to us, we should get a hell of a lot more, and I would say even a commission on each install and defer some of their billions, in a wrecked economy, Fu@K everyone else, att sees it that no one needs more money now, but hell no, pinch the blood out of the techs that makes them bitch rich in the tune of stacked billion, & throw the techs some snot. Oh Thanks CWA, For shit!
cabledogOC714

Fallbrook, CA

#2558 Aug 22, 2009
Thanks for the heads up district 9 flunkee. As my luck has it some how or another I missed the call from someone at AT&T saying they were from the recruiting department. I called back and left message saying I was responding back to theirs on fri. the day they called and no one's got back to me. Now I gotta go through the weekend wondering if I can tell my current boss SEE YA! It's killing me to know what they were gonna say!
Ballsack

Kankakee, IL

#2559 Aug 22, 2009
Soon your gonna be wondering when you can tell your new boss "See Ya!"
District 9 Flunkee

Oceanside, CA

#2560 Aug 22, 2009
PairTwister wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not an "it is what it is" bend over and accept it flake, I have more than that running through my veins, it really sickens me that so many write the bad off to make it sound acceptable by using the laime phrase, it is what it is, by the way did AT&T look at crafts proposal and say ok, it is what is is? I logged more hours in union halls than you have clocked in working period, Show the positives, Being Perm? Thats Bullshit With pip and harrassment you are always still one step from the door, And Being Term or being perm makes a shit of difference if your in a cesspool, Whoever sold you the contract in a way that has you warm and fuzzy should be selling swamp land in florida, You should have voted No, and stuck with that. see Ya , Oh By the way write and post back 3 years from now, PS Thanks CWA For Shit!
If it should intrest you I did vote no, that still doesn't mean this is something that can't be built on. Sorry about your abused childhood, you can get counseling for that sort of thing. Also nobody at my garage has ever been fired over PIP. Sorry to disappoint you.
Who Me

United States

#2561 Aug 23, 2009
<quoted text>You got some of this wrong - Union meeting stated pay raise is 45 cents plus cola =$1.05/ 2nd year .60 cents/ 3rd year 60 cents plus Cola again. Prem Tech's become Perm, and are automatically enrolled in 401k at 3%. Back pay retroactive to April 4th. Health Care, if you choose Kaiser is still fully covered. Any additional duties put on Prem Tech's - pole climbing, speaker wiring etc. has to be visited by the Union for pay allowances. Not great, but we can live with this for the next 3 years I think.
OK Reality check!
I agree with you D9F, Being at the union hall for the meeting gave you a perspective of what CWA worked hard to get. They are not happy with the contract either but they felt this was the best they could get. There were a lot of things the company was trying to take back but the union did fight and keep many things for us.
I feel bad you guys did not get a descent raise because you work hard and deserve it for all the crap you do and have to put up with in this job.
Please do use the Horizons training and now that you have your foot in the door use it to move up and out of the prem tech job. It is now considered an entry level job. So after 30 long months in the job get into auts.

And to Pair Twister:
pt wrote:
Speak for yourself, Seems we have spotted one of the suck off's that are all for this bullshit, take it and have no backbone,....
If you think you could have done better why the hell aren't you as CWA Stewart in there whipping ATT'S ass ?

One more thing. If the contract is voted down the company can take everything off the table and begin bargaining again for the very beginning.
Or they can implement the contract as is.
Then we would have to choose to go out on strike.
The chances are we would be out for months and we would probably end up with the same or worse contract. In this climate of unemployment and layoff with other companies we would not have any public support. We would be the ones who looked stupid and greedy.

Again, yes the contract sucks. You guys deserved better. ATT won some on this round. And CWA did work their asses off for what they got. Our District 9 president was gone for over 5 months away from his family.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dallas Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Word Game (Nov '12) 14 hr Non _cents 155
price of living in Texas Tue Michael Young 19
Illuminati: Corna Sign Does Not Mean "I Love U"... (Jul '11) Tue Ebenezer 5
A Test Should Block a Student's Future Tue Culture Auditor 1
Yes, older people have sex. Lots of sex. (Feb '14) Mar 2 Sarene 6
Is Texas the Uneducated, Ignorant Rednecks Para... (Dec '12) Mar 2 texas forever 13
The Immigration System is Not Broken It's The E... Mar 2 Culture Auditor 1

Winter Storm Warning for Dallas County was issued at March 05 at 7:40AM CST

Dallas News Video

Dallas Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Dallas People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 11:48 am PST