AT&T Premises Technician Pay?...
OLDSCHOOL

White House, TN

#227 Mar 18, 2008
SAVE YOUR MONEY FOR THE 2009 STRIKE ITS COMING
Old phone man

Salemburg, NC

#228 Mar 18, 2008
AT&T looks at your employee records before you can transfer. ie a lateral or promotion. If your appraisal is below target. Guess what, you cant transfer. If you are a good worker, management will try and put an entry in your record so that you cannot transfer. Sure you can file a grievance but normally the entry will just be reduced and not taken out. The reason AT&T are hiring premise techs is to save money. I read an article that said U-Verse will be what makes or breaks AT&T. With more than 20 yrs with bell and AT&T I would advise against the Premise Tech job if you are wanting a more technical job in the future i.e. Digital Technician or Electronic Technician. There will be so many employees ahead of you that are more qualified that you will not get the promotion. Premise Tech is the start of the two tiered wage scale. Just my 2 cents.
Bob

Isleton, CA

#229 Mar 19, 2008
A week ago I've passed Basic computer and Customer Service Assessment Tests for AT&T at Oakland.
HR manager told me they will contact me,if they have open position of Premises Techs and will select best candidates.
I didn't understand that are they have vacancy or just HR Department preparing candidates in case some one retire or quit the company.
How long it will take for first phone call from them after the test for Drug test or Background check?
Any idea, please!
Thanks
Senority Question

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#230 Mar 20, 2008
Does anyone know about bridging senority? I was a Sales Associate for 4 years and had to leave the company. Right now I'm an installer for Comcast and want to get back to AT&T, after the six month probationary period am I intitled to my senoirty back. I'm living in South Florida
new hire

Saint Charles, MO

#231 Mar 20, 2008
Old phone man wrote:
AT&T looks at your employee records before you can transfer. ie a lateral or promotion. If your appraisal is below target. Guess what, you cant transfer. If you are a good worker, management will try and put an entry in your record so that you cannot transfer. Sure you can file a grievance but normally the entry will just be reduced and not taken out. The reason AT&T are hiring premise techs is to save money. I read an article that said U-Verse will be what makes or breaks AT&T. With more than 20 yrs with bell and AT&T I would advise against the Premise Tech job if you are wanting a more technical job in the future i.e. Digital Technician or Electronic Technician. There will be so many employees ahead of you that are more qualified that you will not get the promotion. Premise Tech is the start of the two tiered wage scale. Just my 2 cents.
Is the union going to allow a two tiered wage scale?
mike

Fresno, CA

#232 Mar 20, 2008
Senority Question wrote:
Does anyone know about bridging senority? I was a Sales Associate for 4 years and had to leave the company. Right now I'm an installer for Comcast and want to get back to AT&T, after the six month probationary period am I intitled to my senoirty back. I'm living in South Florida
i know some guys who took the test in sac and they passed and got a offer from the company on the spot the same day then u go take your physical and drug test then it took like a week and a half and thats it u just wait for info to where your training will be
Fiberoptikid

United States

#233 Mar 20, 2008
Good Luck Brothers - I took a fiber splicing job today for more pay with a private contractor, but no retirement. I don't understand how ATT can expect a family man with a mortgage to wait on their disfuntional management system. No communication, no timeframe etc.... They are a nice outfit to work for, but no company is worth putting your life on hold for.... see ya'll out in the field. I'll be splicing Comcast's backbone in the S.F, Bay Area.

Since: Mar 08

United States

#234 Mar 20, 2008
Well I passed the basic electricity test today. Tougher than I thought, but I came up as qualified so now the wait begins...
Bob

Chicago, IL

#235 Mar 22, 2008
guys...you really don't have to worry about the little pay they give you. The customers usually take care of you....10's or 20's as tips!! I made more money doing installation than doing repair or fiber.

Denver, CO

#236 Mar 23, 2008
10's and 20's??? I must be working in the wrong part of the country. I've probably been tipped $40 total in 7 years!
LaddySTL

Arnold, MO

#237 Mar 24, 2008
I just took the test for prem tech. It was quite easy, although I'm an alarm installer now. They told me I tested high for the Cable Splice job, but not really interested in a temp job.

Anyone from Missour,(newhire) How long did you wait for a call back???

It's been a week and haven't heard a thing. Friend of mine got a call back the next day :(
mike

Fresno, CA

#238 Mar 24, 2008
laddy at&t uverse program is a limited term for splicer and premise tech both are just for 2 to 3 years and i took the test and a week and a half they called me back for premise tech both the position was not available anymore so i took the splicer tech spot which they gave me instead and it pays a whole lot more then the pt spot like 475 to 500 a week for pt spot and the st spot 1123.00 a week so u know which one i went for and i start orientation in about 2 weeks i want to know which one works harder pt or st
mike

Fresno, CA

#239 Mar 24, 2008
sorry for the spelling i meant to say but the position was not available anymore ..i put both.
new hire

Saint Charles, MO

#240 Mar 24, 2008
LaddySTL wrote:
I just took the test for prem tech. It was quite easy, although I'm an alarm installer now. They told me I tested high for the Cable Splice job, but not really interested in a temp job.
Anyone from Missour,(newhire) How long did you wait for a call back???
It's been a week and haven't heard a thing. Friend of mine got a call back the next day :(
I took two test one day and got a job offer that day also.
Inline

Morehead, KY

#241 Mar 25, 2008
I just turned down a job for prem. tech in north Atlanta. Give some back ground about me. Been in networking for 12 years. Everything copper and fiber.From hardware to software.Climbed poles latters,crawl spaces you name it.Took the tests and should have put 2 and 2 together, this is a low paying job. Tests are way to easy.Took the drug test, and every thing else they wanted.For a month and a half emailed people in HR about what the position pays, again should have put 2 and 2 together.
Went to interview and offered a whopping 13hr. Are they joking.How are they going to get any good workers at that pay? Alot of OT, on call, weekends no time for your life. I was making that pay when I was going to night school for college. So I got another job 5 miles from my house 9 to 5 behind a desk. Would of liked to work for ATT tired of sitting behind a desk, but at that pay its not worth waking up in the morning.
Daryldye

Jacksonville, FL

#242 Mar 25, 2008
I just test and qualified on both the BCST and the technical test I have not completed the Customer service assessment-field yet, how long from the time you take the tests till the time you show up for the customer service assessment, and what is the next step after that?

As far the low pay goes I make $16.50 working a regional airline in Atlanta, but live in Jacksonville, FL the commute is killing my check to where basically I make about $8.00 an hour net, after my living expenses in GA. So,$13 an hour is not bad at all
mike

Fresno, CA

#243 Mar 25, 2008
did anybody train for att in the same city they live in for pt or st
Bob

Emeryville, CA

#244 Mar 25, 2008
Mike!
HR lady told us the training facility is in Sacramento, Concord, Stockton, San Jose and San Leandro, depending pt or st they will send you one of these centers.
Did you pass exam? If so, when they called you for the job offer?
mike

Fresno, CA

#245 Mar 26, 2008
i did not have to take that hard exam because they said i had some experience basicly with maintenance but i took a computer test and once we finished the test they came in and called u out if u did good on that test which was only 10 mins long with 10 or 15 question and then they made a job offer on the spot then the next day i went and took my drug test and physical and i am suppose to start my oreintation on 4-11 in sac start training that following monday but they dont know where yet

Tulsa, OK

#246 Mar 26, 2008
I'm in Oklahoma and have put in for PT and CST. I took the TMT about 4 years ago and did well. Since, I've been waiting for my opportunity to get my foot in the door with ATT. I spoke with a rep from my area today and have scheduled testing for this Saturday. They're offering $11.54 to $13.08 hourly for the PT position. I have 7 years experience with telephone install, maintenance, and repair through the Air Force. Also, experience in networking and switch operations. I'm hoping some of this experience lands me something on the higher end of the pay scale. I make much better than what they are offering doing construction for the past 15 years and don't know if I could even accept what ever they have to offer. The rep I spoke with today did mention the April 09 contract and that the PT pay was a hot issue. Hopefully if I'm offered a position, I can survive until then. Best of luck to you all.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dallas Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
the goddam jews are to blame 3 hr BUD FOX 1
Review: Parsons Pest Management Inc 5 hr agape 1
Trumps says Illegal criminals go DAY ONE! 21 hr The Truth 1
There's 2 types of people that vote Democrat...... 23 hr Inquisitor 9
Obama burns ANOTHER U.S. ALLY.....Down In Flame... Sun Bubba 2
Just saw Donald Trump wife poses naked kissing ... Sat Yesterday 23
Geo W Sat Taxpayer 2

Dallas Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance