Woman Finds Snake In Clothes Dryer

Woman Finds Snake In Clothes Dryer

There are 16 comments on the NBC 5i Dallas/Fort Worth story from Jun 16, 2008, titled Woman Finds Snake In Clothes Dryer. In it, NBC 5i Dallas/Fort Worth reports that:

A North Texas woman says she is disgusted after finding a dead snake in her dryer and said she is frustrated after seeing an increase in snakes around her house, NBC 5 reported.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NBC 5i Dallas/Fort Worth.

anyom

Dallas, TX

#1 Jun 16, 2008
lassy,

i think you better move to a high rise apt downtown dallas, cause it sure seems ya cant handle living in the county LOL
Daryl Sprout

United States

#2 Jun 16, 2008
Hmmm. The text of this is a bit different than the segment. The quote about the food chain was mine, and the second quote was supposed to mean that the SNAKE sneaks quietly away, after eating an animal (mouse or rat) that chews wires, or into FOOD to bring you diseases (or at least steal your food). I think that's a bit of a wandering antecedent.

But really, as wild animals go, how many can you ask that much from? Bunnies and squirrels are cute, but what have they done fer 'ya lately?

Anyway, the story was very well done by Brett Johnson and I think it got the point across that shooting snakes on site can be counterproductive, not to mention dangerous to anyone downrange. The entrance into the dryer could have been avoided by cleaning out any lint holding the flap open on the vent door, or replacing the exterior part of the dryer vent altogether if necessary. The mesh she put over the opening was wide enough for a smaller snake to still get through, and will potentially clog with enough lint at some point in the future to represent a fire hazard.

In all probability, every snake killed there was either a harmless water snake, or an equally harmless (and highly beneficial) Texas Rat snake. If only people who see a snake would grab the digital camera instead of the gun or the shovel, my job would be a lot easier and we wouldn't be at so much risk of messing up the local ecosystem further.

Living in rural Texas, one of the nicest things is the wildlife, and if you have some of the food chain, you have ALL of the food chain. That's just the way it works. The reptiles are every bit as natural a part of it as the butterflies and the hummingbirds.

Brake for snakes!

-Daryl
Mark

Italy

#3 Jun 17, 2008
Those people need to move to the city, for the safety of the snakes around her property.
Linda

Plano, TX

#4 Jun 17, 2008
I agree they should move or at least take some classes on snakes. Would be nice if they only killed the harmful to human ones.
yup i said it

Monteagle, TN

#5 Jun 17, 2008
i bert with all them snakes, she doesnt have and mice running around.... see there a plus side
yup i said it

Monteagle, TN

#6 Jun 17, 2008
bet
Chris

Lewisville, TX

#7 Jun 17, 2008
its Ellis County. Biggest City is Waxahachie. What do you expect? Lots of rural farm areas. I'm pretty sure she lives down a dirt road as she was saying her husband would have the gun ready.
joi

United States

#8 Jun 17, 2008
These types of people move to a rural area and expect everyone and everything to adjust to their lifestyle. Disgusting.
Noolie

United States

#9 Jun 17, 2008
Go get you a snake that is a predator to other snakes but harmless to humans. We did this and put one under the house and one in the well house. Worked wonders and we never had a problem after that. Consult your local feed store. They will know which ones to get.
Noel

United States

#10 Jun 17, 2008
Stupid woman should of thought about that before she moved into the snakes major habitat....and I doubt she realy ruined a $1000 dryer.....In fact, tell her to advertise it on craigs list....I'll buy it for a few hundred !!!....Also, tell her gun happy, moron of a husband, that it is illegal to randomly shoot snakes!!!!
Noel

United States

#11 Jun 17, 2008
and for the record, NBC5's stupid auto locator misplaced me as being in Austin......I am in Arlington.....near a farm area....WITH SNAKES....
rosie

San Antonio, TX

#12 Jun 17, 2008
Ha , $1000. for a dryer and she cant use it anymore. I would have to use it anyway, if a human died in it , I couldnt afford not use it. Anyway she couldnt have used it much if the snake already had maggots on it by the time she found it.
richard head

Dallas, TX

#13 Jun 17, 2008
Blame George Bush for the rise in dead snakes in dryers.
rosie

San Antonio, TX

#14 Jun 18, 2008
Just wait till Obama is elected we won't be able to afford a dryer for snakes to get into.
jason

Montgomery, AL

#15 Jun 18, 2008
rosie wrote:
Just wait till Obama is elected we won't be able to afford a dryer for snakes to get into.
What does Obama being elected have to do with anything. He can't do any worse than what Bush has already done.
Billy Bob

Dallas, TX

#16 Jun 19, 2008
she should put it in her pants and go to the airport. That should throw their new machines for a loop.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dallas Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
AT&T Premises Technician Pay?... (Oct '07) 36 min Galt76 8,312
andy griffith show is communist propaganda (Aug '07) 1 hr bushteacher 87
Performance merchant alliance 1 hr Whistle Blower 6
Butterbox Babies- From Canada to USA. 5 hr joanNYadoptees 1
Congratulations Hilary! 15 hr fat chance 22
Southern accents in Dallas? 15 hr howdy 2
Debate: Immigration - Dallas, TX (May '10) 20 hr Car 1,875
More from around the web

Dallas People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE