First Prev
of 2
Next Last
sweetpea

Garland, TX

#22 Apr 21, 2010
fact check wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh good, then the people who banged up my car will never shop in this store.
Maybe not the same people, the Garland store has a small parking lot, and people stop in front of the entrance, instead of just getting a parking space ASAP.
Unless you go in the middle of the day, it might be very crowded there.
KariStPaulMinnes ota

Saint Paul, MN

#23 Jul 18, 2010
Aldi is frickin' nasty. People poop in the food and then put it in the packaging... that is why it's so cheap. I also found a bloody bandaide in my cereal and pubic hairs in the cheese. Don't eat here- you will get worms.
hermanader

Saint Paul, MN

#24 Jul 18, 2010
KariStPaul-

I heard Aldi chops up little kids and makes them into deli meat. This place IS gross- but I like there milk because it contains steroids and that makes me super strong!
Springer

Forney, TX

#25 Jul 18, 2010
The Aldi close to me is pretty good. The staff is friendly. It does have a pretty good selection. My kids love taking the cart back. One reason they can keep prices down is they do not have to pay any one to retreve the carts.
I do like the fruits. As we are trying to eat healthier, they are very resonable. I like trying new things. They have things my regular store does not carry! I give it 3 out of 5 stars!
autum

Whitehall, WI

#26 Oct 9, 2010
haha, silly people, aldi has private labels... for those of you who don't know: private label= brand name product with a generic label, so its all in your head.
TX girl

Garland, TX

#27 Oct 9, 2010
autum wrote:
haha, silly people, aldi has private labels... for those of you who don't know: private label= brand name product with a generic label, so its all in your head.
And sometimesh generic is made at the same place as brand name, and just as good quality or better
Aldi's has brought the price of milk down in stores like Kroger
Yay Yay for Aldi's
I miss ALDI

Seguin, TX

#28 Oct 10, 2010
Marcel wrote:
I assume all the negative speakers here have never seen an Aldi from inside. High quality products for a bargain price. You do NOT pay for your shopping cart - you get the 25 Cents back when you do not leave the cart in the parking lot banging at other people's cars.
I for one would love to have an Aldi Store over in Southwest Texas. I loved shopping at the store up in Illinois. It is a good store; many folks in Texas are so wrapped up in HEB. Folks times have changed and small towns need to help grow its the only way our kids are going to come out ahead in the future. Just look at so many young students they leave and dont want to come back to their home town cuz they like the what other states have and wished Texas would have the same. So if ya'll dont want Aldi's please do me a favor and send it to Dimmit County we would appreciated thank you so much....
TX girl

Garland, TX

#29 Oct 12, 2010
I miss ALDI wrote:
<quoted text>I for one would love to have an Aldi Store over in Southwest Texas. I loved shopping at the store up in Illinois. It is a good store; many folks in Texas are so wrapped up in HEB. Folks times have changed and small towns need to help grow its the only way our kids are going to come out ahead in the future. Just look at so many young students they leave and dont want to come back to their home town cuz they like the what other states have and wished Texas would have the same. So if ya'll dont want Aldi's please do me a favor and send it to Dimmit County we would appreciated thank you so much....
The stores are very small. They will eventually close like
Food Lion did. Kroger, Fiesta and Tom Thumb rule in the metroplex.
Eulessman

Dallas, TX

#30 Oct 13, 2010
autum wrote:
this is not true. You think Heinz Ketchup or Folgers Coffee are the same as store brand? There is a difference and youre better off cutting coupons or looking at store ads in the newspaper.
Tlea

United States

#31 Nov 1, 2010
Wow...what a bunch of idiots! I could afford to shop anywhere and I choose Aldi because you can get in and out. Their Aldi brand products are better than some name brand and the have healthier choices with their Fit and Active brand and you can save a ton of money. Good, cheap produce. I believe they are a German company and have lots of German specialty foods too. That generic beer you referred to is German beer and very good.
dman82

Forney, TX

#33 Jun 17, 2012
i cant wait till the aldi store opens up in forney texas. it shouldnt be much longer..
dman82

Forney, TX

#34 Jun 17, 2012
TX girl wrote:
<quoted text>
The stores are very small. They will eventually close like
Food Lion did. Kroger, Fiesta and Tom Thumb rule in the metroplex.
Aldi has never closed a store in the past 30 some odd years since they have been in the states. what more could you ask for great price and product. just wait a week and something new will be their from their special buy program.
RUDE

Campti, LA

#35 Jun 17, 2012
wow!
Mountaineer

Charleston, WV

#36 Jun 18, 2012
RUDE wrote:
wow!
I live in West Virginia, a world away..........just lurking and seeing what the life is like in the "real" world.....

anyway, we have Aldi's here. They have been around our little tiny world for years. I see them going nowhere for a long, long time. So, if the business is booming here in our neck of the woods, it will be a booming business in yours. Not going to say what the quality of the food is compared to other more uppity stores though. You know, we are the fattest, most unfit state in the Union.....wonder if that has anything to do with the second rate food sold in these stores, as some say it is?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dallas Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Add A Word Drop A Word (Nov '12) 5 min Pennie Lane 1,292
Diamond Acres Kennel (Sep '08) 10 min jlt 38
Performance merchant alliance 3 hr Jaxon 11
Change A Letter Game (Nov '12) 14 hr Perrie Winkle 1,006
AT&T Premises Technician Pay?... (Oct '07) 15 hr Milwaukee PT 8,495
Review: Nueces Capital Wed Mommy81107mam 1
Continental Parts Reunion 3pm Sunday Wed Dee Culpepper 8
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Dallas Mortgages