Fort Worth, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 20, 2009

Judged:

I'm looking for real haunted houses in the Dallas area.?
I'm from around Dallas Texas, and there is supposed to be several abandoned houses around here that are allegedly haunted. I was wondering if anyone from this area knows anything about them. I heard that there is this one on Strait Lane...where all the mansions are that a man had murdered his family and then killed himself in...apparently there is a tiny little house in the back yard that has no doors or windows..and the only way to get inside of it is through a secret tunnel in the house..........anyways I'm really interested in any other places as well!! Thanks!
EVH-5150

Rowlett, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 20, 2009

Judged:

several in the rowlett area
GhostHuntress

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 22, 2009

Judged:

Connie, youre begging for trouble if you go walking around on other peoples property...plain & simple !

1. Do your research.
2. Forget the "legends".
3. Know what youre doing.
4. Get written permission to go onto other peoples property, that includes public graveyards.
5. Become a member of some " reputable " organizations, groups, paranormal societies,
etc.

Now, if you & your buds are just looking to get drunk & ghost hunt on Oct. 31...go right ahead.

**** have a designated bail bondsman and emergency room on stand by. You'll either get shot or get arrested.
Pound Cake

Rowlett, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 22, 2009

Judged:

GET A JOB
Boku25

Dallas, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2012

Judged:

Why a house?, you can look for ghost in Oak Cliff, You can try the eyeball killer killing fields, people always say they see women run from the field toward passing cars, and strange cries and whimpers are heard in the area. In the same area, try Colorado Park, it is said to be haunted by the ghost of victims dumped in the lake. People say both Kid Springs Park and Lake Cliff Park are haunted. There are several haunted houses in Oak Cliff including a church, that was burned down by a child, a supposedly the child still hunts the church. Let me know if you would like more details.
Lifer

Dallas, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2012

Judged:

A little late to be posting on this subject but....I grew up in Oak Cliff two blocks away from the old Ravina Mansion off Jefferson near Dell st.
It has always been haunted.
For 30 years it was empty. People would buy it and move out in a few months. They could not keep renters in there.
On some spring nights you could see lights moving through the second floor windows. Hear doors creaking open and slamming shut.
Screams from the grounds were heard often.
There is a garden area behind the swimming pool. Rumor had it was a graveyard for infants murdered by a nanny.
As kids we would traipse the grounds and enter the property near that area. It was always cold there and steam or fog would rise from the loam. Even during the middle of summer.
Some claim to have seen an apparition of a hanging woman off the second floor balcony on the East side of the house.

Last I heard, the house was finally sold and is occupied now. I hope this is the case as it was a beautiful place despite the chills and thrills we got from there as kids.
It would be nice to believe the restless spirits have been calmed and are happy at peace with the new owners.
Brian Alva

Grapevine, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2013

Let me know everything about that please !!!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 7 of7
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

7 Users are viewing the Dallas Forum right now

Search the Dallas Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
TX Who do you support for Governor in Texas in 2010? (Oct '10) 4 hr Jeez 16,034
Change A Letter Game (Nov '12) 7 hr Jennifer Renee 114
Directv referral discount - (Aug '13) 9 hr carlos 36
TX Longtime GOP Texas Gov. Perry wins another term (Nov '10) 13 hr Pale wild wood flower 20,361
Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) 14 hr Voter 456
Once-conjoined twins leave Medical City Childre... 18 hr Guest 1
Add A Word Drop A Word (Nov '12) 19 hr bluerocks3974 279
AT&T Premises Technician Pay?... (Oct '07) Apr 14 Anonymous 7,683
•••
•••

Dallas News Video

•••
•••

Dallas Jobs

•••
•••