Texas OKs Expanded Wind Power Project

Texas OKs Expanded Wind Power Project

There are 7 comments on the KNBC Los Angeles story from Jul 17, 2008, titled Texas OKs Expanded Wind Power Project. In it, KNBC Los Angeles reports that:

The state that's already first in the nation in producing wind power is apparently about to take an even bigger step.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at KNBC Los Angeles.

the doctor

Woodland Hills, CA

#1 Jul 17, 2008
The only problem with this is the democrats will limit it when it becomes profitable on the basis that it kills too many migrating birds by being in their migratory path. Dont laugh, that criticism has already been leveled at california wind farms.Some people would rather limit new sources of energy to force us to conserve instead of expanding our use of alternative energy since that allows waste to continue.
mdineuless

Collierville, TN

#2 Jul 17, 2008
customers will pay approx 4.00 a month for several years ? how many is several..and at the end of that debt what amount will be passed on to these same customers in reduced rates ? and will that as well be for 'several years'?

“Not all crack is bad.”

Since: May 08

Dallas

#3 Jul 17, 2008
Doctor, those are only the high capacity turbines. For the most part, the bird-killing turbines are an eco-myth.
the doctor

Woodland Hills, CA

#4 Jul 17, 2008
its definately a myth,but our politicians are pretty stupid and will beleive nearly any hype.the center for biological diversity and other groups have filed lawsuits and actively lobby the california commisions to consider this non-existent problem. All it takes is a Barbara Boxer to jump on this and force additional controls that do nothing more than waste money. remember, the people that work in government are patently stupid.
Gary _ Ocala Florida

Debary, FL

#5 Jul 18, 2008
VP Gore, Boon Pickens & others are all correct. Wind/Solar renewables are the way out of this mess that America has gotten itself into. No American President needs to hold the hands of Certain Arab Shieks & laugh. We need to take the steps that the Texas Public Utility is taking by Investing five billion dollars to build transmission lines to carry wind-generated electricity lines for the power that the Wind Farm will generate in west Texas to areas like Dallas, Tx. Good for them!
Val

Oklahoma City, OK

#6 Jul 18, 2008
Solar and wind are the future of energy. I live one mile from a home that has a wind tower. His electric meter runs backward! By law, the local electric company has to buy his excess power that is generated.
the doctor

Woodland Hills, CA

#7 Jul 18, 2008
it is the future, but Edison has it screwed up where if you are partial solar you pay a higher rate for the electricity you do use. And of course, unlike other states, california does not require buying back of excess power that you generate.Politicians in California are stupid, its only a matter of time before they screw it up for everyone else.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dallas Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Grown man body slams young boy 6 hr Dylan 1
News Paul Ryan budget proposal threatens housing aid... 19 hr Alex Wong 141
Looking for my brother who i havent seen since ... Mon jaime 2
AT&T Premises Technician Pay?... (Oct '07) Mon WarForOil 9,722
for pain meds (Sep '11) Mon Rbc0905 8
Materia,Cajita, Spiritual Medium or Channeler o... (May '12) Sun marycuellar1950 21
Heres to us Mar 26 rideordie 1

Dallas Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Dallas Mortgages