tired fan

Ash Flat, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 31, 2012

I'm so tired of Jerry Jones and the Dallas Cowboys. Jerry you need to fire yourself and hire a GM that will help your overall bottom line. Your buddy system is not working for the fans! I would love to see fans boycott future games so that you get the hint!#timeforchange

“United We Stand”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 31, 2012

As long as Jerry Jones is there the Cowboys will suck.
tired fan

Ash Flat, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 31, 2012

So so TRUE. I wish there was a group of people that put up the $ to display this on billboards, commercials, newspapers, etc. I'm glad he is no longer in Arkansas.
Jerrysagenda

Irving, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 31, 2012

When Jimmy won those Superbowls(yeah, idiot Barry won one with Jimmy's team), Jerry's ego was really pumped, but it was more than tempered by the fact that winning Superbowls actually cost a franchise money. Jerry himself made the comment that he lost money winning the Superbowl.
Jerry bought the Cowboys to make money. The way to maximize money with an NFL club like the Cowboys is to look competitive, but not be a top contender. If you are a terrible team, you will have trouble filling seats, getting good advertisers, and selling licensed team related goods. On the other end of the spectrum is is the money losing Superbowl contender. Your money will be maximized if fans have continual hope that you will advance into the playoffs, but come close and fail to make it, or lose in the first round.
The other thing you do is get a city to actually pay for a good deal of YOUR new stadium. That way the value of your franchise goes up without you having to pay anywhere near market value for your new stadium. We have had two good coaches with the Cowboys. Once Jerry produced his loss leader with Jimmy, he only hired the other coach(Parcels) to bring the team back to a competitive level, but not stay long enough to make a winner, as the team was sliding too far down the hill and would begin to affect profits.
Hire a GM ? Why would Jerry hire a guy to win ? He doesn't want to win. He wants to MAKE MONEY. A real GM would tell people Jerry doesn't want to win. Jerry and his other carnival barker friend Al Davis, were the biggest pushers for a salary cap. Once that was done, other owners and GM's gave Jerry a lesson on how to manipulate a cap and still win. That was okay, Jerry was only interested in the money.
Congratulations to the Jones family on turning a class NFL organization into a football version of professional wrestling. Fool me once, fool me 17 times(years). I have watched the Cowboys religiously for 40 years. Jerry has cured me of that.
fire the sob

Ash Flat, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 31, 2012

Fire the sob's Jerry tony etc
cowboy

Mount Juliet, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

Judged:

how about those cowgirls
ex cowboy fan

El Paso, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2013

tired fan wrote:
I'm so tired of Jerry Jones and the Dallas Cowboys. Jerry you need to fire yourself and hire a GM that will help your overall bottom line. Your buddy system is not working for the fans! I would love to see fans boycott future games so that you get the hint!#timeforchange
Knowing that Jerry Jones is keeping Romo and Garret , sure makes it easy to find another NFL team to follow! Its sad. Pathetic

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 7 of7
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

19 Users are viewing the Dallas Forum right now

Search the Dallas Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
AT&T Premises Technician Pay?... (Oct '07) 1 hr Moe Tech 7,684
Add A Word Drop A Word (Nov '12) 1 hr texas pete 293
TX Who do you support for Governor in Texas in 2010? (Oct '10) 7 hr Hey Clyde 16,043
Places to gamble, hunt in/near Dallas? 9 hr bluerocks3974 2
TX Longtime GOP Texas Gov. Perry wins another term (Nov '10) 11 hr why 20,388
Change A Letter Game (Nov '12) 12 hr Jennifer Renee 120
Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) Fri Wild flowers 466
•••
•••

Dallas News Video

•••
•••

Dallas Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Dallas People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••