Uncle Larry's RUSTIC-4-LESS

Uncle Larry's RUSTIC-4-LESS

Posted in the Dallas Forum

Shopper

United States

#1 Dec 15, 2008
*** Uncle Larry's RUSTIC-4-LESS *** Manufacturers & Distributors of High Quality RUSTIC Wood Furniture -- BEDROOMS -- DINING ROOMS -- ENTERTAINMENTS -- & MUCH - MUCH MORE ----------CALL LARRY
FOUND THIS ON SEVERAL AREA CRAIG'S LISTS. ANYBODY HAVE ANY EXPERIENCE WITH THEM OR KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT THEM. I AM ALWAYS SUSPICIOUS OF THINGS LIKE THIS. IT'S THE "IF IT SEEMS TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE THEN IT PROBABLY IS" SYNDROME. THANKS FOR ANY HELP.
Little Rock Helper

Mccoy, CO

#2 Dec 23, 2008
I've seen a number of these adds as well. There are a large number of dealers popping-up around the Dallas-Ft. Worth area with "Rustic Wood Furniture". I noticed these stores or road side shops several years ago. All the furniture looks the same. No one particular store has a unique piece of it's own. I have noticed that the adds or flyers and even thier in store order books show pieces that are well assembled and look nice...the pieces are "picture perfect". However, the showroom floor pieces are sometimes jagged, crooked, etc making them look very cheap and just thrown together. This could be the difference between actual furniture "STORE" and furniture "ROAD SIDE or TENT" vendors. It could be just sloppy assembly by their employees. I still have yet to buy any of these pieces. If you don't mind the drive or want to get away for a weekend, there are some reputable vendors in Canton, Texas at the First Monday Trades Days. They tend to be a bit more expensive but they also want to make sure you are satisfied with your purchase. The trades day is the weekend before the first Monday of every month. You can get there as early as Thursdays. I guess the main point I would make is to not buy any of the pieces before you see them first.
Shopper

United States

#3 Dec 24, 2008
Little Rock Helper wrote:
I've seen a number of these adds as well. There are a large number of dealers popping-up around the Dallas-Ft. Worth area with "Rustic Wood Furniture". I noticed these stores or road side shops several years ago. All the furniture looks the same. No one particular store has a unique piece of it's own. I have noticed that the adds or flyers and even thier in store order books show pieces that are well assembled and look nice...the pieces are "picture perfect". However, the showroom floor pieces are sometimes jagged, crooked, etc making them look very cheap and just thrown together. This could be the difference between actual furniture "STORE" and furniture "ROAD SIDE or TENT" vendors. It could be just sloppy assembly by their employees. I still have yet to buy any of these pieces. If you don't mind the drive or want to get away for a weekend, there are some reputable vendors in Canton, Texas at the First Monday Trades Days. They tend to be a bit more expensive but they also want to make sure you are satisfied with your purchase. The trades day is the weekend before the first Monday of every month. You can get there as early as Thursdays. I guess the main point I would make is to not buy any of the pieces before you see them first.
That is so true. Thanks for the the input and advice!!!
Denise

Dallas, TX

#4 May 4, 2009
Uncle Larry ran out on paying his rent to me. Fly-by-night operation obviously.
Molly

Plano, TX

#5 May 26, 2009
I have a friend that bought a beautiful dining room table, chairs, and the cushions for next to nothing. I am going to look into bed side tables.
Laura

Lubbock, TX

#6 Jun 26, 2009
I bought a lovely dining room table & chair set from him and he delivered to Lubbock in February. Even with delivery it was considerably cheaper than what I could get here in town. I love my set and was interested in a buffet. However, he has cut back and is not delivering anymore.
Fed Up

Rogers, TX

#7 Mar 16, 2010
WARNING! The guy breaks every rule on Craigslist. He lists in multiple markets(Wichita Falls, Waco, Abilene, Tyler) by using different email addresses....NOT ALLOWED. He lists as "for sale by OWNER" rather than "by DEALER"...probably to fly under the State Comptroller's radar since he also tells his customers "no sales tax"....CROOKED. He toplists his ads regularly to keep them on the first page rather than letting them run for 30 days....ALSO NOT ALLOWED. Are you seeing a pattern here? Deal with honest people honestly and you will seldom be dissapointed. Deal with dishonest people honestly and you will eventually regret it. FLAG HIS ADS and get his crooked butt off Craigslist.
Buyer

Midlothian, TX

#8 Sep 10, 2010
Shopper wrote:
*** Uncle Larry's RUSTIC-4-LESS *** Manufacturers & Distributors of High Quality RUSTIC Wood Furniture -- BEDROOMS -- DINING ROOMS -- ENTERTAINMENTS -- & MUCH - MUCH MORE ----------CALL LARRY
FOUND THIS ON SEVERAL AREA CRAIG'S LISTS. ANYBODY HAVE ANY EXPERIENCE WITH THEM OR KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT THEM. I AM ALWAYS SUSPICIOUS OF THINGS LIKE THIS. IT'S THE "IF IT SEEMS TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE THEN IT PROBABLY IS" SYNDROME. THANKS FOR ANY HELP.
Yes I have bought several pieces from larry. All greta pieces... hes a very nice guy an will bring it to you for gas money. he is safe to buy from.
Blu

Aubrey, TX

#9 Sep 11, 2010
Gotta pay his child support!!!
amb

Fort Worth, TX

#10 Sep 11, 2010
I have bought several items from Uncle Larry and am always happy not just with the prices but the quality as well. If I can find his number I will buy from him again! If any one has his number please post it so I can get more furniture!
Mee

Dallas, TX

#12 Dec 4, 2011
I LOVE his stuff!! I won't buy from anyone else!!
krys

Westlake, LA

#13 Oct 2, 2012
i got pieces from him 4 years ago and LOVE LOVE LOVE THEM we are military and have moved several times and they have held together amazingly i am gonna be getting more from him once we get back to texas
ICU

Woodway, TX

#14 May 23, 2013
The City of Garland currently lists 5 open warrants for Uncle Larry Givens!http://www.garlandtx.go v/warrants/war-g.htm
joe

Lewisville, TX

#15 May 31, 2015
Denise wrote:
Uncle Larry ran out on paying his rent to me. Fly-by-night operation obviously.
He is renting from me now and is behind do you have any more info on this guy?
joe

Garland, TX

#16 Jun 6, 2015
Ran out on paying rent left the place in filthy condition, constant lies and excuses watch out for this guy he seems like a good ole boy but he is a crook!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dallas Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
AT&T Premises Technician Pay?... (Oct '07) 37 min WarForOil 9,564
News Donald Trump's birther nonsense 20 hr WarForOil 17
(.R ox y Bulk!!) ku*sh !! Wed missblankie 3
Donald STUPID Trump making himself look really ... Tue Quacker 2
Mark Cuban is Garbage Tue Trump Supporter 1
News Caddo Mills dad complains on teen's paddling (Jul '08) Mon Maltamon 8
gasmonkey garage-rude (Dec '13) Mon Holly 11

Dallas Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance