United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2009

Chupacabra Warrior wrote:
What's the weight limit, cuz I'm a pretty big boy !
the weight limit is around 250 or so. I have ziplined before. It is alot of fun. Their website looks pretty cool.
Tinker

Arlington, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2009

what is the website address?
DJames

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2009

www.goziptexas.com I found it on another posting of theirs
Tinker

Arlington, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2009

Never mind, found it.
Big D

Fort Worth, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 13, 2009

Judged:

I think there is one in Canton that's really good. My son's scout group went there and they had a blast. Here is the site www.ziptheusa.com
zipper

Duncanville, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 13, 2009

heck folks I was doing that zipping through the air on lines long before it was thought of by the zip liners of today. That was back in the forties. Fromm tree to tree and to the ground. It was faster going downward to the ground-- zippier you might say. So whats new?
navyman56

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 24, 2009

There is a zip line called New York Texas Zip line Adventures and it is alot of fun. Their lines are mostly shaded and go pretty fast. Easy platforms to climb up and the place has unbelievable views in every direction. The owners fed a heard of deer in while we were there and we were able to take pictures of them. Our family had a great time.

www.goziptexas.com
zipper

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 28, 2009

Judged:

Folks just get some rope go to east texas national forest and strect your own zip line and get to zipping. Even learn to climb those ropes like they do in days gone past. You can probably find all the gearyou need in a pawn shop. Then learn to tie your own knots and becaome self sufficient. do=it=your self. just take out an insurance policy before you go. line might just break. Then you will really feel that accellerattioooon before you hit the ground. thats when you really get the zippiest.
shirley

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 1, 2009

Big D wrote:
I think there is one in Canton that's really good. My son's scout group went there and they had a blast. Here is the site www.ziptheusa.com
yes, and there is one just past Athens called NewYork-Texas Zip line. Here is their site www.goziptexas.com
shirley

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 1, 2009

Judged:

zipper wrote:
Folks just get some rope go to east texas national forest and strect your own zip line and get to zipping. Even learn to climb those ropes like they do in days gone past. You can probably find all the gearyou need in a pawn shop. Then learn to tie your own knots and becaome self sufficient. do=it=your self. just take out an insurance policy before you go. line might just break. Then you will really feel that accellerattioooon before you hit the ground. thats when you really get the zippiest.
I had a home made zip line as a kid that my dad built. We nearly killed ourselves on it. lol
Rita

Dallas, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 17, 2010

Judged:

That zip line in New York Texas is owned by a guy who is under felony indictment. Let the buyer beware.
unknown

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 21, 2010

Rita how do you know? Someone from the same state and area as you has been coming on topix things trolling and making up false stuff about people from different states on pages and people's things and I am not saying it's you.But whoever it is I don't know how they find out so much info. Half is made up . The other half who knows. Whoever it is needs to stop and get banned. Topix is for people to chat. Not start fights and false rumors. That's how a person gets into trouble and hated on sites. I got a thing a friend sent to me about it. I am from VA. I don't chat or post on here much. I will keep an eye out. Anyway never been on a zipline but hope to go on oneday ! We only have a few around here not many. Most are small like for kids :(
I Be Knowin

Dallas, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 30, 2010

Judged:

To Unknown: Rita is correct and the information is available through Public Data. One of the owners is a guy who is under felony indictment. No misrepresentation there. I know a bit about this case via public records and it is not made up.

That said, I hope you get to zip someday. It's a great experience that you won't forget. Truly an empowering feeling.
real name

Minden, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 26, 2011

I Be Knowin wrote:
To Unknown: Rita is correct and the information is available through Public Data. One of the owners is a guy who is under felony indictment. No misrepresentation there. I know a bit about this case via public records and it is not made up.
That said, I hope you get to zip someday. It's a great experience that you won't forget. Truly an empowering feeling.
why don't you put your real name
Sharon Green

Tyler, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2011

There is a new zip line located in Jacksonville, TX called Adrenaline Rush Zip Line. They have 8 zip lines and one of the them is 1700 feet long. We had such a good time and hope to go night zipping with them soon. They were so nice and took a lot of pictures and posted them on face book for us. They really showed us a good time. You should check them out.
Jeff - from Jacksonville

Dade City, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 26, 2011

Been to the zip line in Jacksonville. They are actually located in Dialville and there is not much to it. And they are right next door to a noisy saw mill. Not really worth the money. I say try one of the other zip lines in the area.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 16 of16
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

38 Users are viewing the Dallas Forum right now

Search the Dallas Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
TX Who do you support for Governor in Texas in 2010? (Oct '10) 3 hr why 16,817
TX Longtime GOP Texas Gov. Perry wins another term (Nov '10) 5 hr Defiant1 21,183
Continental Parts Company 15 hr Ed Tiawo 2
Change A Letter Game (Nov '12) 16 hr Jennifer Renee 533
TX Who do you support for Commissioner of General ... (Oct '10) 18 hr why 383
Independent View of Wendy Davis Sun West Texas Independent 1
AT&T Premises Technician Pay?... (Oct '07) Sun StreetHeat 7,797
•••
•••

Dallas News Video

•••
•••

Dallas Jobs

•••