Bicyclist charged in Berks bar fight

Bicyclist charged in Berks bar fight

There are 14 comments on the The Morning Call story from Jul 14, 2006, titled Bicyclist charged in Berks bar fight. In it, The Morning Call reports that:

Former professional bicycle racer David Clinger, known for the tribal tattoos across his face and scalp, was arrested early Monday after a Berks County bar fight and remained in the county prison Thursday, ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Morning Call.

Lance Armstrong

Hayward, CA

#1 Aug 8, 2006
Get that face clean now~!!! YOU are a finished.....Stay off the juice as well........
zwrites

New Orleans, LA

#2 Aug 11, 2006
Lance Armstrong wrote:
Get that face clean now~!!! YOU are a finished.....Stay off the juice as well........
It's ashame that David is taking a low road. It's hard to accept failure. But, his behaviour is just breeding more negativity into his life. If you are Lance...have a great retirement...enjoyed watching your victories...but enjoyed your cancer cure crusade more. Thanks, for that hard work...and the crazy people that watch and make negative comments about your life...just have a green eye monster whispering in their ears...but you probably know that. And for God sake...that's nothing wrong with a guy finding Buds to hang out with. Women do it all the time. Look at Oprah and Gail...oops forgot they talked about them too.
Ha Ha!
Laughter is good medicine :)
Z
GB+
rene

Las Vegas, NV

#3 Nov 4, 2006
low road? one time thing man take it easy.david is agood guy.as far as lance goes (THE REAL ONE)put your real name down and cycling resume. nope dont think so.you betyter thank god for your cancer,because with out it maybe you would win a couple of stages.how about not helping crow out when she got cancer.what a nice guy i know you dont do it for the money(yeah ok)i want to see you at 40 when the effects of all the drugs you took.so shut your mouth and leave dave alone.if you are a real man or woman put your real name down.
jmasser

Clinton, NJ

#4 Nov 7, 2006
rene--you and david were the two coolest cats i met in my jr. nat. team days. i'll never forget hittin' on austrian chicks and rollin' through vienna with you guys. i knew david enough to know that he's got a good soul--just like you do. i also know that that doesn't change. to hell with all these sensation-seekers.
rene

Las Vegas, NV

#5 Nov 13, 2006
those where the days huh,thanks man.hope life is good for you.the hell with these fools.later
cris from spain

Madrid, Spain

#6 Jan 11, 2007
david, vente para espaņa pronto que aqui se vive de puta madre!!!!!!!
i think the best place 4 david is spain.
here its all sooo laid back, sleep, f***, eat, drink and take it easy.
a ver cuando vienes otra vez, que tengo ganas de ti guapo.
besos and f*** em all!!!!!!!
we had a good time , didnīt we ....
hasta pronto
Salami

Palm Desert, CA

#7 Jan 29, 2007
Hey.Just to let eveyone know.I have followed David
Clinger around for the past year doing a Documentary on his life!We discuss MANY topics,some of which will blow your minds.I am now in the Editing process of my film.You can see a trailer at Salamifilms.com !!
Matt DeCanio

United States

#8 Apr 28, 2007
David knows the truth in the sport of cycling and nobody should judge him. There are a lot of pressures in the sport that most people never get to know because they never make it to the level of ultimate dedication including your soul for the sport. David reached that level and if I may say it, the devils of the sport were there to grab his hand and lead him down the wrong path. If anyone is to blame it is the U.S.O.C., USA Cycling, U.S. Postal Service Cycling Team, Festina, and all of the other negative influences David has had in his life. Lets look at the facts. The U.S.O.C. was covering up 6 out of 7 positive drug tests for doping and allowing athletes to compete while David was on the U.S. National Team. See the Dr. Exum Files. And lets look at Chris Carmichael the USA Cycling Team coach who was involved in doping up riders just before our generation, see "Dope and Glory" by CBS, Carmichael settled out of court and he never had any anti-doping or anti-drug education for any national team rider while he was coaching! I wonder why? And then lets look at the history of Festina. Anyone remember a little thing called "The Festina Doping Scandal"? And then he switched to the "US Postal Service Cycling Team", does Dr. Prentice Steffen the E.R. doctor from San Fran who was working with USPS, who was asked by Marty and Tyler for EPO, and when he reported it was fired. Steffen is my personal friend and it was told to me (by someone i can not say due to legal reasons hint hint) that it was the truth and also that Lance threatened to take his house and home if he didn't recall his statements in a letter prepared by a lawyer that he didn't write. And lets not forget that Tyler went on to test positive for Blood Transfusions in both the Olympic Games and Tour of Spain, and is now linked to Operation Puerto which has taken down Jan Ullrich who didn't want to give his DNA, and now it looks like Basso, who also didn't want to give his DNA, Basso who was signed by Armstrong to 2 million a year. So now I ask everyone who wants to slam Clinger, do you really know what is going on in the sport of cycling? Imagine if David was your best friend, brother, or son. How would you feel about him being surrounded in that environment his entire life. All David ever wanted to do was be a pro racer and he simply followed the road that was laid down by the Armstrong, Landis, Hamilton, Basso, Ullrich, and all the others. I just hope David gets the strength to realize who his enemy really is. It is not himself, it is those who run the system in pro cycling, and I hope he can put 2 and 2 together that by not getting everyone off his chest that he has lived through is eating him up inside. He needs to get it out before "they", "the system" kill him, or he kills himself, which I consider to be the same thing. David I hope you get the strength to save yourself. I did it and you can too! Get it off your chest, and then get even on the bike with whatever talent god has given you.
Matt DeCanio

United States

#9 Apr 28, 2007
David tell your complete story to the world. Tell everyone the truth about everyone that has come into your life. Do that and you will find happiness and your true mission in life. You can be a warrior for the anti-doping movement in pro cycling and save the lives of the next generation. We have to stand up because nobody stood up for us.
Matt DeCanio

United States

#10 Apr 28, 2007
I can get offer you immunity and protection I promise. Hit me up at Stolen Underground brother. Find out where your home is cuz we got a ton of guys who will show you true love and who keep it real to the bone. Down with the system. Fight back! You owe it to yourself and your real friends and family
mr bill

Los Angeles, CA

#11 May 5, 2007
Well I have read all of your comments,and quots.To me the bottom line is to know the man.DAVID CLINGER having worked with him in the trainig rooms of the local gym for a nomber of years during his pro days, I can tell everyone that he is by far one the best human beings I have yet to know.His work ethic on and off the bike are secomd to none.I would often use the comment about him and his training as,you just feed it to him and he just does it.(with the weights) Back to the man. He has toushed many people in his life and all i have ever met are of the same oppinion WHAT A GREAT GUY. As far as the tatues, of course in our sosiaty guilty as charged while passing judgement.But as we all know about our sosiaty our eyes are always jaided,FAT,OLD,CRIPLED,DISFIGU RED,DISABLED,COLOR
mr bill

Los Angeles, CA

#12 May 5, 2007
we judge people right out of the box.But Dave has met my children,I went to his weeding he is a great guy. I post this with the knowledge that we all come to a better understanding that as a society we need to respect all, for everyone has a right to be themselves however they deem correct. Thanks for reading.
la linda

Mendoza, Argentina

#13 Nov 21, 2008
La verdad que las espaņolas son unas putillas, hacen cualqquier cosa para que un hombre las toque...que asco dan
cris from spain wrote:
david, vente para espaņa pronto que aqui se vive de puta madre!!!!!!!
i think the best place 4 david is spain.
here its all sooo laid back, sleep, f***, eat, drink and take it easy.
a ver cuando vienes otra vez, que tengo ganas de ti guapo.
besos and f*** em all!!!!!!!
we had a good time , didnīt we ....
hasta pronto
davids wife

Mendoza, Argentina

#14 Nov 21, 2008
how are you?? i dont know you...yo came to our( david and me) wedding...here in argentina??
im still davidīs wife
mr bill wrote:
we judge people right out of the box.But Dave has met my children,I went to his weeding he is a great guy. I post this with the knowledge that we all come to a better understanding that as a society we need to respect all, for everyone has a right to be themselves however they deem correct. Thanks for reading.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Webcor Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Democratic pressure to oppose Trump roils Capit... Feb '17 Democrats alienat... 1
News Mattis is a no, so who else is there? (Apr '16) Apr '16 charlie foxtrot 1
News Retired generals: U.S. set up for failure in Ir... (Jan '15) Mar '15 Kar 3
News US General: An Iranian Nuke Would Spark... (Mar '13) Mar '13 truth always beat... 1
News US Gen.: An Iranian Nuke Would Spark... (Mar '13) Mar '13 Jeff Brightone 1
News Commander says robust air defense in Syria comp... (Mar '12) Mar '12 scout 4
News Charges against cyclist sent to Berks court (Jul '06) Nov '08 ladiees 18
More from around the web