revisiting stage 17

revisiting stage 17

There are 11 comments on the Critical Section story from Dec 23, 2008, titled revisiting stage 17. In it, Critical Section reports that:

Today I received an email from Adam Winer, a friend and fellow member of the Conejo Valley Cyclists riding club; he reported that " I spoke with one of my friends from San Diego... Floyd Landis has been showing ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Critical Section.

Gus

Calgary, Canada

#1 Dec 27, 2008
You are absolutely correct.No one in their right mind would have done what Floyd is accused of doing at this stage of the race.A lot of oeople think they know it all,but they obviously don't know what it is to suffer...and WIN.Good luck Floyd,alomg with Lance kick a lot of Asses next year.
Gus...a BELIEVER!
Pieter Claassen

South Africa

#2 Dec 27, 2008
Gus, the question I've ask over and over again, why would he do such a stupid thing?? And people keep on saying his testoterone level was to high which is a lie. His testosterone level was normal. But, I don't want to start a new argument, this whole incident is history now. One thing I will repeat though; I will only believe Floyd Landis took ped's when he admits it. Until then, he is innocent as far as I'm concerned.

“I Love Life, People & Animals”

Since: Feb 07

El Paso, Texas

#3 Dec 27, 2008
The test itself wasn't reliable enough. Three separate and independent research groups reported that this test wasn't ready for use.

If we're to really hope for a cleaner sport, than I believe that we need to keep remembering the Floyd Landis case. Because I believe that it showed us how biased the system is.

We need to input a proper legal system that also treats the rider(s) fairly. As long as the current system continues, we'll just continue seeing a Witch Hunt.

Since when does one cycling organization (ASO) get to dictate policy and destroy cyclists!
Raymond

Cran-gévrier, France

#4 Dec 28, 2008
Hi boys.

On reflection-:

1. Gus we all know you are a believer.

2. He did such a thing at that stage of the race to WIN.(Afterall his family was already booked in Paris to applaud the "Victory")

3. There is a legal system of testing in place, it just gets better and exposes the cheats.

Happy new year and good cycling my friends. Raymond
Raymond

Cran-gévrier, France

#5 Dec 28, 2008
Boys, I am a realist, not a romantic STOP Let it go STOP He cheated STOP It really is that simple STOP. Let us all hope that pro cycling can clean up its act STOP Phew

“crystelZENmud”

Since: Jan 07

Reality City

#6 Jan 5, 2009
Raymie..

Wait for 'the movie':-)

It'll scare the English out of you...

Do yourself a favour and do look at the 'evidence' once... I remind you for the hundredth time, if your wife/sister/mother/daughter had a hospital in France, doing work the quality of which we have SEEN at LNDD, you would not be so adamant/unpersuaded/staunch in your statements...

Remember: you cannot pronounce WADA/AMA perfect, and then corrollate Marion Jones...

Right?

ZENjd
Chad

United States

#7 Jan 19, 2009
It is Floyd's resemblance to Kid Rock that made him such a target of LNDD conspiracy. They could stand the cowboy's victory!
bummer

Ephrata, PA

#8 Jan 27, 2009
Floyd was and is still innocent! The one they should be checking is Lance! What a creep!
Gus

Vancouver, Canada

#9 Jan 27, 2009
bummer wrote:
Floyd was and is still innocent! The one they should be checking is Lance! What a creep!
Explain!!!
Raymond

Grenoble, France

#10 Jan 27, 2009
Gus wrote:
<quoted text>
Explain!!!
Hi Gus it's called American logic. There again, if I had a dollar for every athete/cyclist who has cheated, I would be a "MULTI" millionaire.LOL. In reality Gus, I lost faith in clean pro sport before most of the posters on these forums were born.
My_Opinion_El Paso_Texas

United States

#11 Mar 18, 2013
Raymond wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Gus it's called American logic. There again, if I had a dollar for every athete/cyclist who has cheated, I would be a "MULTI" millionaire.LOL. In reality Gus, I lost faith in clean pro sport before most of the posters on these forums were born.
You certainly were right on this one Raymond.
But, this case also forced LNDD to get it's act together as well.
Hope you're doing and riding well.
Cheers

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Tour de France Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Cycling: Lance Armstrong 'still lying' says USA... (Jan '13) Jun 13 Greg McManom 29
News Lance Armstrong's doping drugs (Jan '13) Jan '16 Fart news 189
News Not Even Lance Deserves This (Dec '13) Aug '15 kiki2 42
News Stephanie McIlvain and Lance Armstrong at a 200... (Jul '15) Jul '15 TheRaceRadio 1
News Alberto Contador lays claim as cycling great, a... (Jun '15) Jun '15 DCDierking 1
News Shadows on the Road, by Michael Barry (Apr '14) Apr '14 Donna OBrien 1
News Opinion: Should we just stop asking about doping? (Jul '13) Apr '14 Carly Jane 2 31
More from around the web