Landis to ride Tour of Southland

Oct 17, 2010 Full story: The Press On-Line 27

Floyd Landis during last year's Tour of Southland. Opinion poll Admitted drugs cheat Floyd Landis will be back for next month's Tour of Southland.

Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
My Opinion_El Paso_Texas

El Paso, TX

#22 Nov 18, 2010
SpeedyPete wrote:
<quoted text>
Now you're talking!!!
What was the drug supposed to do for your Cricket player?
My Opinion_El Paso_Texas

El Paso, TX

#23 Nov 26, 2010
My Opinion_El Paso_Texas wrote:
<quoted text>
He hasn't pocketed any money from the LiveStrong foundation.
How sure are you about this?

I meant to follow this up after I gave Pieter a checck answer.

Last August I was in Austin, TX at a training seminar and met a few people from the foundation. Needless to say that we spoke and shared things together. Was a very educatioanl and enjoyable experience Pieter.

I also happen to know how businesses and foundations are not only developed and established here in the US, but on how they have to report everying both state and federally.

Cheers
My Opinion_El Paso_Texas

El Paso, TX

#24 Nov 26, 2010
<quoted text>
What was the drug supposed to do for your Cricket player?
Pieter, are you not able to answer this question?

I understood the use of illegal drugs by your other players.

But, why would a Cricket player need to use illegal drugs?

Hey Chris, would you know the answer to this question?

Cheers Everyone
SpeedyPete

Bellville, South Africa

#25 Nov 27, 2010
<quoted text>
Cheers Everyone
Hi Harry, apparently he took an over the counter supplement which contained a substance which is on WADA's forbidden list. It's a type of energy booster which is freely available all over. Unfortunately I don't know the name of this product.

He's been let off the hook now.

“Carpe Diem”

Since: Mar 07

Bristol UK

#26 Nov 27, 2010
<quoted text>
Cheers Everyone
Hi Harry I don’t know about drugs in cricket, but I did find this on the web
Performance-enhancing drugs aren’t common (as far as we know) in cricket. In football, athletics and basketball – yes – but not cricket. Not yet, anyway.
Tim May, the chief executive of the Federation of International Cricketers’ Associations (FICA), has said in this month’s Wisden Cricketer magazine players may be forced to use drugs in an effort to sustain themselves, given the amount of cricket they play.
You only have to look at the doping record in baseball to see that recovery, not enhanced power, is the motivation for most drug misuse. The more we push players the more they might look at options.”
Worrying?
Shane Warne's one-year ban for the use of a diuretic in 2003 was the first reported instance in cricket of the use of performance-enhancing drugs (as opposed to recreational ones, a la Ian Botham, and various Pakistani and South African cricketers down the years). In 2006 Shoaib Akhtar and Mohammad Asif were found guilty of using the banned steroid nandrolone
Why is the use of PEDs so prevalent in Baseball and is it the same in American football
My Opinion_El Paso_Texas

El Paso, TX

#27 Nov 27, 2010
SpeedyPete wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Harry, apparently he took an over the counter supplement which contained a substance which is on WADA's forbidden list. It's a type of energy booster which is freely available all over. Unfortunately I don't know the name of this product.
He's been let off the hook now.
Thanks Pieter. I didn't realize that Cricketeers would need an energy booster like that of other sports. Just shows you how much I know about this sport.

Cheers
My Opinion_El Paso_Texas

El Paso, TX

#28 Nov 27, 2010
Athos wrote:
<quoted text>Hi Harry I don’t know about drugs in cricket, but I did find this on the web
Performance-enhancing drugs aren’t common (as far as we know) in cricket. In football, athletics and basketball – yes – but not cricket. Not yet, anyway.
1. Tim May, the chief executive of the Federation of International Cricketers’ Associations (FICA), has said in this month’s Wisden Cricketer magazine players may be forced to use drugs in an effort to sustain themselves, given the amount of cricket they play.
You only have to look at the doping record in baseball to see that recovery, not enhanced power, is the motivation for most drug misuse. The more we push players the more they might look at options.”
Worrying?
Shane Warne's one-year ban for the use of a diuretic in 2003 was the first reported instance in cricket of the use of performance-enhancing drugs (as opposed to recreational ones, a la Ian Botham, and various Pakistani and South African cricketers down the years). In 2006 Shoaib Akhtar and Mohammad Asif were found guilty of using the banned steroid nandrolone
2. Why is the use of PEDs so prevalent in Baseball and is it the same in American football
Thanks Chris. Just as I told Pieter, I would never have guessed that drugs were needed in Cricket, but you both have helped me see that isn't quite true.

About the only cheating in Cricket that I have heard about was some team shaving the cricket ball.

1. But getting help with sustaining the performance makes sense.

2. Yes, steroids are definitely used in US football and there have been plenty of police reports about police being called to the players homes resulting in players becoming raging monsters with their wives and girlfirends.

Cheers

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Tour de France Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Not Even Lance Deserves This (Dec '13) Jul '14 DCDierking 38
Shadows on the Road, by Michael Barry Apr '14 Donna OBrien 1
Cycling: Lance Armstrong 'still lying' says USA... (Jan '13) Apr '14 Carly Jane 2 27
Opinion: Should we just stop asking about doping? (Jul '13) Apr '14 Carly Jane 2 31
Lance Armstrong tweets that he's returned Olymp... (Sep '13) Apr '14 Carly Jane 2 2
Tygart waits for Armstrong to be part of the so... (May '13) Aug '13 My Opinion_El Pas... 3
Tour convenes former riders for 100th edition (Jul '13) Jul '13 My Opinion_El Pas... 6
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Tour de France People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••